Who are God's Elect?

God's Truth

If you trusted in what Jesus says you would know that you fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

The Sermon on the Mount preached by Jesus should tell you that you are a sinner. Instead you think that you can do the Sermon on the Mount making yourself a hypocrite just like the Pharisees.

Keep what you got then.

God's Truth

Unbelievable.

There sermon on the mount is about those who do right and RP claims they are those who do not and can't obey.

God's Truth

Matthew 5-7

Introduction to the Sermon on the Mount
5 Now when Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, 2 and he began to teach them.

The Beatitudes
He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

God's Truth

Jesus tells us how to get saved, he tells us how to become sheep.

He explains how to prepare your heart for him to live there.

But you go against him and his teachings.

Right Divider

Body part
I said Jesus tells us how to become people whom he saves.

He told the Jews how to become sheep.
Israel are His sheep. See Ezekiel 36.

Paul specifically says that we, the body of Christ, are NOT sheep.

Rom 8:36-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. (8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Sheep are NOT conquerors.

God's Truth

Israel are His sheep. See Ezekiel 36.

Paul specifically says that we, the body of Christ, are NOT sheep.

Rom 8:36-37 (AKJV/PCE)
(8:36) As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. (8:37) Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Sheep are NOT conquerors.

Jesus taught the lost sheep how to come INSIDE HIM, a part of Him. That IS about being in Christ.

As for the Jews were always sheep, you are wrong:

Anyone can become a lamb. All can become sheep. You need to read how the Israelites are called heifers and God said they were NOT sheep. You should read how after they repent they will be forgiven and be like sheep.

In Hosea, the Israelites are like heifers. They are told to repent, and then they would be as lambs.

Hosea 4:16 The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Hosea 14:2 Take words with you and return to the LORD. Say to him: "Forgive all our sins and receive us graciously, that we may offer the fruit of our lips.

Did you read that scripture? They come to God and ask for forgiveness, and they are forgiven. Now they are like lambs in a meadow.

We are even told unless we become like little children, we cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

Hosea 4:16 The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?

Maybe some disciplining can take care of that.

Anyone can become as a lamb.

All it takes is humbleness, and obedience.

Jeremiah 31:18
"I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning: 'You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God.

God's Truth

The lost sheep were all Israelites.

Quoting a bunch of the prophets of ISRAEL will not help you understand the body of Christ.

The lost sheep were Israelites but not all Israelites were lost sheep.

There were Jews who were CUT OFF and hardened when Jesus came so that they could not be saved while Jesus walked the earth. They were bound over to disobedient Gentiles, so that when Jesus was lifted from the earth, crucified, he could have mercy on all.

Right Divider

Body part
The lost sheep were Israelites but not all Israelites were lost sheep.
I didn't say that they were.

There were Jews who were CUT OFF and hardened when Jesus came so that they could not be saved while Jesus walked the earth. They were bound over to disobedient Gentiles, so that when Jesus was lifted from the earth, crucified, he could have mercy on all.
The body of Christ are not sheep.

ttruscott

Free will honors God. There is no honor or glory for God in saving robots. A robot is a dumb piece of junk that does not have a free will, it cannot think or make choices and is operated by someone else. There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that God creates these dumb robots.

Excellent! I totally agree! There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that God creates these dumb robots. Yet the state of man as he is conceived / born in is
1. enslaved to sin
2. unable to do good
3. bound by dna, family values and cultural values
all of which deny our having a free will as humans. A free will must not be forced and all these forces manipulate every human...specially our enslavement to sin.

Therefore I cannot accept that we are created humans robotically enslaved to sin, dna and culture but indeed were created as ingenuous innocents and chose to be sinners becoming enslaved to sin and were then born as humans. Matt 13:38-9 says the people of the evil one are sowed into the world by the devil, enslaved sinful robots already, condemned already, Jn 3:18!

Robert Pate

Banned
Excellent! I totally agree! There is no indication anywhere in the Bible that God creates these dumb robots. Yet the state of man as he is conceived / born in is
1. enslaved to sin
2. unable to do good
3. bound by dna, family values and cultural values
all of which deny our having a free will as humans. A free will must not be forced and all these forces manipulate every human...specially our enslavement to sin.

Therefore I cannot accept that we are created humans robotically enslaved to sin, dna and culture but indeed were created as ingenuous innocents and chose to be sinners becoming enslaved to sin and were then born as humans. Matt 13:38-9 says the people of the evil one are sowed into the world by the devil, enslaved sinful robots already, condemned already, Jn 3:18!

Right.

Every individual is unique. We are all different and even if there are some that look alike, like twins, they all have different ideas and thoughts. It is amazing that we all have different finger prints, how many different ways can finger prints be created so that they are all different? And then there is DNA, it blows my mind that everyone has a different DNA, even animals and plant life have different DNA. No we are not robots. We are all wonderfully created by God.

Right Divider

Body part
Sure you didn't, where did I get that idea?
Out of that little lie factory in your head.

You: "The lost sheep were all Israelites."
Which is TRUE and you AGREED that it was true.

What is wrong with you?

The sheep came into the body of Christ.
The Biblical use of people as sheep is ALWAYS related to Israel.

Paul never calls the body of Christ sheep.

There are so many scriptures teaching that.
Only if you FORCE them OUT OF CONTEXT.

God's Truth

Out of that little lie factory in your head.

Which is TRUE and you AGREED that it was true.

What is wrong with you?

The Biblical use of people as sheep is ALWAYS related to Israel.

Paul never calls the body of Christ sheep.

Only if you FORCE them OUT OF CONTEXT.

You say anything and for some reason it is not the truth, for Jesus says he has other sheep.

John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Right Divider

Body part
You say anything and for some reason it is not the truth, for Jesus says he has other sheep.

John 10:16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
The other sheep where those Israelites scattered aboard.

Study.