Who are God's Elect?

God's Truth

God's elect are those God has chosen to be his elect.

What was God's criteria for making that decision?

God's foreknowledge of who would believe (elect to believe) Him.

God is not going to ignore His foreknowledge, He wisely put it to use and chose to show favor to those who He foreknew would choose to believe

The scriptures say God chooses those who do right and obey Him.

God's Truth

Obviously not. Do I need to explain?

The elect being referred to by Jesus are the endtime nations of Israel.

Spiritual Israel are all those who get saved because they believed and obeyed Jesus.

God does not care anymore to whom one is blood related and to where one lived.

It only matters if one came to Him by the blood of Jesus.

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it.

Ephesians 1:4
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

1 Corinthians 1:27
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

1 Corinthians 1:28
God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are,

2 Thessalonians 2:13
[ Stand Firm ] But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth.

God's Truth

Since Jesus Christ and his appearing, it no longer matters to whom we are blood related, it only matters now if we come to God by the blood of Jesus Christ:

See John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Did you read how the scripture says 'not of natural descent'?

Natural decent is about those to whom we are blood related.

The written Word of God says NOT of natural descent. That means it does not matter if someone is blood related to Abraham.

See how the scripture says not of human decision?

That is about a husband not being able to have his wife become a Jew, or even a Christian, by converting her with certain rituals.

In the past, a Jew could marry and she performs the practices of Judaism, and so become a Jew and a child of God...this is no more now since Jesus.

Being born of God is how we are now saved. We are born of God by receiving the Holy Spirit. We receive the Holy Spirit by asking Jesus to save us, after we repent of our sins and call on him. When Jesus saves us and gives us his Holy Spirit that is when we are born again

God's Truth

In the past, it only matters to whom one was related to Abraham, because God made the earthy promise to him about his children and grandchildren and great grandchildren, etc. It was to them, the blood related to Abraham and to those who got circumcised and obeyed the old law.

But, the new covenant gospel was told to Abraham that would come in the future, about a people who would have a better country, a spiritual, heavenly country, a people who would belong to God because of FAITH, faith like that of Abraham.

The Jews who were blood related but who did not have faith, they were cut off and condemned, they were children of the devil, they were children of wrath. Those Jews were put to the same place as all the Gentiles were.

The only thing that will save anyone, anyone from any nation and ethnicity would be to turn to God in faith in His Son and repent of sins, obey His Son's teachings.

When Jesus comes again, it will be too late to repent of sins because he is not coming to bear sin, he is coming for those waiting for him. One must know Him by obeying Him. One must already be saved by the time he comes again.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Heaven is the spiritual realm that surrounds the earth.

We can't see the spiritual dimension with physical eyes.

But spirit beings can see us. Nothing is hidden.

So we have to become Israeli to get into heaven? Do you know any Israeli women who want to marry a foreigner?
I have all my own teeth still.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So we have to become Israeli to get into heaven? Do you know any Israeli women who want to marry a foreigner?
I have all my own teeth still.

OK, I'll quote it for you.

"And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened." (Matthew 24:22)

Let's define flesh.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (Romans 8:9)

The purpose of death for a believer is to be born of the Spirit.

The flesh who needed to be preserved are the nations of Israel.

Israel is elect.

"For Jacob My servant’s sake, and Israel My elect." Isaiah 45:4)

WatchmanOnTheWall

OK, I'll quote it for you.

"And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened." (Matthew 24:22)

Let's define flesh.

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you." (Romans 8:9)

The purpose of death for a believer is to be born of the Spirit.

The flesh who needed to be preserved are the nations of Israel.

Israel is elect.

"For Jacob My servant’s sake, and Israel My elect." Isaiah 45:4)

Okay let's agree that the Elect will go to heaven no matter who they are. And we surely agree this is true:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Therefore the Elect have to be anyone who goes 'through' Jesus and into Heaven. i.e. Christians.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Therefore the Elect have to be anyone who goes 'through' Jesus and into Heaven. i.e. Christians.

Context.

If you take a word out of the context in which it is used you can change the meaning.

Most of people in the nations of Israel are not Christian.

Right Divider

Body part
"And Jacob called his sons and said, 'Gather together, that I may tell you what shall befall you in the last days'" (Genesis 49:1)
Can you not see the YELLOW highlighting of my quote of your post?

There is no such things as "the nations of Israel". There is only "the nation of Israel".

I know that you and many have mythologized what "Israel" means, but that's just fantasy.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There is no such things as "the nations of Israel". There is only "the nation of Israel".

"When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, 'I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.' Then Abram fell on his face and God talked with him, saying: 'As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you and you shall be a father of many nations. No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you.'" (Genesis 17:1-7)

Right Divider

Body part
"When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, 'I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly.' Then Abram fell on his face and God talked with him, saying: 'As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you and you shall be a father of many nations. No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations for an everlasting covenant to be God to you and your descendants after you.'" (Genesis 17:1-7)
THOSE nations are not Israel. ONE of those nations is Israel. The NATION of Israel.

It's so simple that a child could understand it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You like to turn grace into works and religion. God did not need your help when he reconciled the world unto himself.

I said
Jesus condemned everyone that had faith but no works.

Matt 25:41-46
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
(NKJ)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You confuse the many nations with the one nation. Why are you so dumb?

It's not a matter of being dumb, but it's obvious you are not familiar with biblical history.

Those who are know that Jeroboam became king of Israel and Rehoboam became king of Judah.

During Solomon's day Judah was part of Israel.

Right Divider

Body part
It's not a matter of being dumb, but it's obvious you are not familiar with biblical history.

Those who are know that Jeroboam became king of Israel and Rehoboam became king of Judah.

During Solomon's day Judah was part of Israel.
Your quote of Genesis was POINTLESS and did NOT address the question.

The NATION (SINGULAR) of ISRAEL are the descendants of ISRAEL (Jacob). They are NOT "many nations" they are ONE nation.