Which gospel?

Sonnet

No one preached Paul's "my gospel" as the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (at that time to the Jew first and also to the Greek) before Paul as it was given to Paul by revelation of Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and was before a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV). Paul was committed a dispensation of the gospel, not Peter (1 Corinthians 9:17 KJV)!

It's good to believe what saith the scripture vs. what saith the deceitful worker behind pulpits all over the world (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV). Try it!

Galatians 2:7, 1:23, 1 Corinthians 15:11.

The Gospel of 1 Corinthians 15:3-8 is a summation of what occurred to Jesus at the end - all of which was know to the apostles and others.

The apostles preached same gospel as Paul since Paul said so. 1 Corinthians 15:11.

What is the problem?

Sonnet

Ridiculous! All good news is not the same good news.

There was a gospel preached prior to Paul in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John ("the gospel of the kingdom" Matthew 4:23 KJV) which was the good news that the kingdom of heaven was at hand (Matthew 4:17 KJV). It did NOT include the fact that "Christ died for our sins" (a crucial element of our gospel 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)!

Before that, a gospel (the gospel of the uncircumcision) was preached to Abraham (Genesis 15:1-6 KJV).

Noah was given the good news that if he built an ark, it would be to the saving of him and his house (Hebrews 11:7 KJV).

And after the dispensation of the grace of God and a period of time following, the gospel of the kingdom will resume (Matthew 24:14 KJV). Angels will preach an everlasting gospel (Revelatin 14:6 KJV).

So then, you can see just how ridiculous this whole "the only gospel" talk is.

Why is this such a focus for you? Yes, those trusting in Christ before his crucifixion were not believing in Christ crucified; but they still believed in Him as 'saviour'.

Sonnet

The point: God didn't make you believe anything. Everyone has their own will (Leviticus 22:29 KJV). Eternal life is the gift of God! But like any gift, it must be received. If you push away the gift and don't accept the content of the package, it is not in your possession. You have not claimed it. We receive the love of the truth by faith (Romans 10:17 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Those who don't, perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV).

and it was just the same for Saul / Paul - Acts 26:19.

Sonnet

I tired of them going all over the place with false doctrines.

Perhaps you should deal with fake preaching - 'Christ died for our sins' you say, when you secretly believe that Christ did not do so for all.

Your theology forces you to mislead people.

Sonnet

Who told you that?
Did the Apostles not know how to write before then?
Peter said they didn't have time to wait tables but would devote their time to prayer and the word of God.
Couldn't that include writing?

It's possible.

That would depend on how long he persecuted the church before he went to Damascus, then to Arabia for 3 years, and how long he stayed in Damascus on his return from Arabia.

At any rate it would be before 50-70.

Paul mentions the preaching of Jesus which would have been known to them through reading the Gospels of Matt, Mark, Luke and John.

How long it took for them to be circulated, well, who knows?

Ok.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you should deal with fake preaching - 'Christ died for our sins' you say, when you secretly believe that Christ did not do so for all.

Your theology forces you to mislead people.
My theology is the one the Holy Spirit lead me into. What He teaches me is wonderful. I'm blessed and thanks be to God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is only one nation of Israel, therefore there is only one gospel about Israel.
The gospel of the kingdom did not include "that Christ died for our sins" which is a crucial element of Paul's gospel which by the way was preached to Acts 13:26 KJV! That tells you right there that there is more than one gospel in the Bible. Get it through that natural mind of yours (1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV).

Paul taught, "And if some of the branches were broken off, and you being a wild olive tree were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree..."
(Romans 11:17)
The Romans had a position in the olive tree before ever becoming members of the Body of Christ. That doesn't prove anything for you.

We are grafted into the Root of Israel and have become the Israel of God according to Paul.
Nope. Paul never writes that we are graffed in. He writes to the Romans that they "were". That is before they ever heard the gospel that would stablish them into the Body of Christ. You really need to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV.

heir

TOL Subscriber
God's does the saving not you
The cross is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV)/The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV) although technically no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but all men Titus 2:11 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV. God is not saving anyone outside of IT. No gospel of Christ, no entry into the Body of Christ (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul never writes that we are graffed in. He writes to the Romans that they "were". That is before they ever heard the gospel that would stablish them into the Body of Christ.

You are so messed up.

The Romans were in Christ before Paul ever wrote to them. The Romans were part of the Body of Christ, they were lively stones in the spiritual house where Christ Jesus is the cornerstone, and the apostles are the foundation, before Paul ever wrote to them.

All believers in Christ are part of the Olive Tree, where Christ Jesus is the root.

Quit trying to divide the Body of Christ with your Bullingerism.

(1 Cor 1:13) Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:
irony

There's no irony. heir is really messed up.

You and heir claim that the Romans were somehow in Christ, and previously grafted into the Olive Tree before Paul, but at the same time not in the Body of Christ.

The two of you want us to believe that somehow Paul removed those Romans from the Olive Tree, and into the Body of Christ.

My point stands, heir is really messed up.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
They hadn't heard the gospel of Christ.

You're wrong.

Their faith in Christ was reported all over the world. They were in Christ before Paul

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

It is simple, but because you and heir have to make your Bullingerism work, you make something really simple complicated.

Let them lie right where they are.

The only "lie" is claiming the Romans were not in the Body of Christ before Paul wrote to them.

Please explain how Paul removed those Romans from the Olive Tree?

SaulToPaul 2

You're wrong.

Their faith in Christ was reported all over the world. They were in Christ before Paul

(Rom 16:7) Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

It is simple, but because you and heir have to make your Bullingerism work, you make something really simple complicated.

The only "lie" is claiming the Romans were not in the Body of Christ before Paul wrote to them.

Please explain how Paul removed those Romans from the Olive Tree?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Claiming that Paul removed the Romans from the Olive Tree is laughable.

Yet, that's what you and heir are claiming.

If I'm wrong, then just say that after Paul was done with those Romans, they were in the BOC and in the Olive Tree at the same time?

If I'm right, then please explain how Paul removed those Romans from the Olive Tree?