Where Will All That Anger Go When Trump Is Dismissed?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
So true about Trump being basically an egomaniac, but his political ideology sways in one direction more than the other.

Take for instance his stance on Israel v Palestine (i.e. Hamas, i.e the Muslim Brotherhood). Donald Trump believes that the United States should be "neutral" in the conflict. Isn't standing back and supposedly doing nothing in a battle between good and evil taking the side of evil?

Trump is only saying what he thinks will advance his own possibilities. He doesn't care about Israel one way or another. The same goes for abortion, or gay marriage, or any other socio-political issue. He's simply playing the candidate to see what it will get him. And if he were to be elected president, he would simply play the president to see what that would get him. Because feeding his own lusts, ego, and wallet is all he cares about.

It's interesting to see the reason Donald Trump supposedly went from being for abortion and partial birth abortion to pro life.

Was it the birth of his first child that changed Donald Trump's mind?

No.

Perhaps it was the birth of Donald Trump's 2nd child that changed his mind?

No.

Then it had to be the birth of Donald Trump's 3rd child that made him realize that abortion/partial birth abortion is wrong.

Again, no.

Donald Trump supposedly became pro life after a friend of the family contemplated having an abortion but instead decided not to and the child turned out to be a very successful person (i.e. "a superstar").
http://www.religionnews.com/2016/01/26/problem-trumps-change-heart-abortion-commentary/

Check out Donald Trumps' response to a reporter who wondered if he would have become pro-life had the child been a “loser”:

"Probably not, but I’ve never thought of it. I would say no, but in this case it was an easy one because he’s such an outstanding person.”

PureX

this may also be true of those who support trump

You say that like it's a bad thing. :chuckle:
When I was writing that, I couldn't help but think that this negative description of Donald Trump was really a description of the quintessential American citizen these days: myopically self-absorbed and terminally un-curious and un-caring about anyone else.

I hope to God that isn't true! But sometimes I wonder.

PureX

Donald Trump supposedly became pro life after a friend of the family contemplated having an abortion but instead decided not to and the child turned out to be a very successful person (i.e. "a superstar").
http://www.religionnews.com/2016/01/26/problem-trumps-change-heart-abortion-commentary/

Check out Donald Trumps' response to a reporter who wondered if he would have become pro-life had the child been a “loser”:

"Probably not, but I’ve never thought of it. I would say no, but in this case it was an easy one because he’s such an outstanding person.”
Or the far more likely scenario is that Donald Trump claimed he was pro-choice when he was engaged in producing his TV show, and had to mingle with lots of TV "liberals'. But then decided to be pro-life when he was engaging in republican politics, and it because expedient for him to do so.

The truth is that Trump doesn't really care what a woman does with her pregnancy, and he certainly doesn't think about it, morally. He simply aligns himself with whomever it is expedient for him to align himself with. Which can change at any time given the circumstances he find himself in.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
When I was writing that, I couldn't help but think that this negative description of Donald Trump was really a description of the quintessential American citizen these days: myopically self-absorbed and terminally un-curious and un-caring about anyone else.

I hope to God that isn't true! But sometimes I wonder.

do you ever wonder why they vote democratic?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Or the far more likely scenario is that Donald Trump claimed he was pro-choice when he was engaged in producing his TV show, and had to mingle with lots of TV "liberals'. But then decided to be pro-life when he was engaging in republican politics, and it because expedient for him to do so.

The truth is that Trump doesn't really care what a woman does with her pregnancy, and he certainly doesn't think about it, morally. He simply aligns himself with whomever it is expedient for him to align himself with. Which can change at any time given the circumstances he find himself in.

Sounds right to me.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't call Trump supporters idiots, but I don't really get why Christians would support him.

Because he is not a politician. He gave the best answer I have ever heard any politician give to a "what if". When asked if somebody breaks the law, what should happen to them. He said they should be punished. Who else has ever said it publicly? I cannot think of one. Not one.

ClimateSanity

I think a lot of Christians are done being scammed by lying politicians.

We aren't looking for a Pastor or an Elder (none are running).

We are looking for someone whom most of Washington and wall Street and k Street and mainstream media and Hollywood hates. I mean obsessively hates. Is there anyone running that fits that bill????????

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because he is not a politician. He gave the best answer I have ever heard any politician give to a "what if". When asked if somebody breaks the law, what should happen to them. He said they should be punished. Who else has ever said it publicly? I cannot think of one. Not one.

This question to him was about abortion. The left thinks they can trap him. Specifically they asked if abortion restrictions are put in place, what should happen to the woman. If she breaks the law, she should be punished. This is why the GOP party and the DNC do not want him in there.

PureX

We are looking for someone whom most of Washington and wall Street and k Street and mainstream media and Hollywood hates. I mean obsessively hates. Is there anyone running that fits that bill????????
You do realize, that this is the very definition of "perversity" (to deliberately and willingly act contrary to the common good, even to one's own destruction).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
much of that anger will stay right here at tol
-can you point out one mad person who doesn't support trump?

ClimateSanity

You do realize, that this is the very definition of "perversity" (to deliberately and willingly act contrary to the common good, even to one's own destruction).

If that list is what you call the common good, guess who is the perverse one?