ECT When We Fail to See - The Mystery Given to Paul

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Good evenin', friends.

If we pause for a moment to reflect on the things of God, and we ask ourselves the following question...

"Did someone at sometime know what Christ Jesus told Paul?

...How do we then answer this conundrum?

If we open up the Good Book and turn to Colossians 1:26, we find ourselves reading something very interesting and of great import:

Some distinction must needs be made as to the difference between a period of time and a dispensation. The word "ages" in the verse above gives reference to periods of time. A dispensation is not a period of time...

(Colossians 1:25 KJV)

"Generations" is a word that here refers to all the people in time.

Why is this important? The mystery given to Paul was hidden from all time (i.e. ages) and all people (i.e. generations) since the world was created.

When we fail to see that the likes of Moses, Isaiah, David and Peter did not in fact know what was given by Christ to Paul, then confusion ensues and crazy ideas breed and fester. In other words, the danger is in attributing to those godly men what they did not know.

Why does this matter?

Much of the division, theological contention, and Biblical heresies in Christianity result from the failure to see what was hid.

This is why the greatest commission God gives to the body is through Paul "to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 3:9 KJV).

We must follow the pattern that the Lord provided through Paul. If we don't...if we fail to rightly divide the Word...we are in grave danger of having one foot in hell and the other on a banana peel.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, it diminishes the preaching of the cross for salvation.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, it exchanges the power of resurrection for personal works-based salvation.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we are robbed of spiritual riches in the Lord Jesus Christ.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we perpetuate gross ignorance of God's will for us.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we weaken the Body of Christ by putting the church under the law, which was identified with Israel, in conditional standing with God.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we try to earn grace.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we create a forgiveness that is based on merit.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we try to crucify ourselves for the sins of mankind instead of trusting God's finished work.

"Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me." -Paul, speaking in truth...

Perfect post!!

DAN P

Are you really this dense?

There is no such thing as an "age" of grace because all the saved people down through history have been saved by grace.

You don't even understand the most basic things about salvation.

Hi , Jerry and lsts look at Rom 2:7 has the Greek word AIONIOE ? EVERLASTING and in 2 Tim 1:9 has the Greek word AIONIOS ? AGES !!

It can be translated 42x Eternal and EVERLASTING 25 x !!

I believe that it is only Paul that uses the Greek word OIKONOMIA / DISPENSATION all othersbtime periods are called AGES !!

Check the Greek text and see ?

You say all saved , have been saved by Grace SO then explain Rom 5:14 , how people were saved FROM / APO ,Adam until Moses ??

You keep avoiding me , and you need more time ti MUDDLE it , say so and take as much time as required ,,BUT say so !!

Since you refuse to ask me I will not give a verse to follow it through !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi , Jerry and lsts look at Rom 2:7 has the Greek word AIONIOE ? EVERLASTING and in 2 Tim 1:9 has the Greek word AIONIOS ? AGES !!

It can be translated 42x Eternal and EVERLASTING 25 x !!

I believe that it is only Paul that uses the Greek word OIKONOMIA / DISPENSATION all othersbtime periods are called AGES !!

None of that speaks of any so-called "age of grace." There has never been one particular "äge" when people have been saved by grace to the exclusion of other "ages" where people were saved in a way other than grace.

Or perhaps you want to argue that some people in history were saved in a way other than grace?

Danoh

There is no such thing as an "age" of grace because all the saved people down through history have been saved by grace.

Try that with both your contacts and your glasses on first.

:chuckle:

I said this MYSTERY Grace...Age.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Jerry Shugart

I said this MYSTERY Grace...Age.

There is a "dispensation of of the mystery" but there is no "mystery grace age."

You making up terms only serves to cause confusion.

I know some people who say that people are saved by grace only during the present dispensation so according to them there is an age of grace.

And your careless remarks will only confirm their false ideas in their minds.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There is a "dispensation of of the mystery" but there is no "mystery grace age."

You making up terms only serves to cause confusion.

I know some people who say that people are saved by grace only during the present dispensation so according to them there is an age of grace.

And your careless remarks will only confirm their false ideas in their minds.

I've had "Danoh" on ignore for a long time and never regretted it. Everybody should do the same. He's what they call a "Simpleton."

Interplanner

I've had "Danoh" on ignore for a long time and never regretted it. Everybody should do the same. He's what they call a "Simpleton."

There always was grace, Gen 6, but the old covenant was now officially out of the way with the arrival of Messiah. it was a child-trainer to lead believers to faith in Christ, and served its purpose.

Interplanner

None of that speaks of any so-called "age of grace." There has never been one particular "äge" when people have been saved by grace to the exclusion of other "ages" where people were saved in a way other than grace.

Or perhaps you want to argue that some people in history were saved in a way other than grace?

Well put, Jerry.

Interplanner

But Paul did speak to misunderstanding, strongholds, and captivities raised against the knowledge of God in Judaism, in which they thought people could obligate God through their performance. The Biblical believer in the OT era never left grace, but not everyone was Biblical and this worsened in the 1st century.

marhig

Good evenin', friends.

If we pause for a moment to reflect on the things of God, and we ask ourselves the following question...

If we open up the Good Book and turn to Colossians 1:26, we find ourselves reading something very interesting and of great import:

Some distinction must needs be made as to the difference between a period of time and a dispensation. The word "ages" in the verse above gives reference to periods of time. A dispensation is not a period of time...

Why is this important? The mystery given to Paul was hidden from all time (i.e. ages) and all people (i.e. generations) since the world was created.

When we fail to see that the likes of Moses, Isaiah, David and Peter did not in fact know what was given by Christ to Paul, then confusion ensues and crazy ideas breed and fester. In other words, the danger is in attributing to those godly men what they did not know.

Why does this matter?

Much of the division, theological contention, and Biblical heresies in Christianity result from the failure to see what was hid.

This is why the greatest commission God gives to the body is through Paul "to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 3:9 KJV).

We must follow the pattern that the Lord provided through Paul. If we don't...if we fail to rightly divide the Word...we are in grave danger of having one foot in hell and the other on a banana peel.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, it diminishes the preaching of the cross for salvation.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, it exchanges the power of resurrection for personal works-based salvation.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we are robbed of spiritual riches in the Lord Jesus Christ.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we perpetuate gross ignorance of God's will for us.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we weaken the Body of Christ by putting the church under the law, which was identified with Israel, in conditional standing with God.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we create a forgiveness that is based on merit.

When we fail to follow Paul and the Gospel for today, we try to crucify ourselves for the sins of mankind instead of trusting God's finished work.

We aren't to follow Paul, we are to follow Jesus, Paul said follow me as I follow Christ. Paul followed Jesus.

And the mystery is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Colossians 1 v26 and v27

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

God's Truth

Good evenin', friends.

Why does this matter?

Please read each scripture given.
These scriptures tell us about how salvation through Jesus was a mystery…

1 Peter 1:10-12 Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 12 It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

Did you read that and understand?
The mystery was Jesus.

2 Peter 1:19 And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Romans 16:25-26 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him--

Did you read how Paul says 'revealed and made known through the PROPHETIC WRITINGS'?

That is about the whole New Testament when Jesus came to earth.

The mystery was being revealed before Paul, and the mystery was about salvation through Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Danoh

We aren't to follow Paul, we are to follow Jesus, Paul said follow me as I follow Christ. Paul followed Jesus.

And the mystery is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Colossians 1 v26 and v27

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Rely on any one passage alone and one is likely to end up at any number of meanings to cherry pick from....

The school of "well, what it means TO ME is...

As in, well, what it means to me is...

Follow me BECAUSE I follow Christ....

Or perhaps...

Follow me BY FOLLOWING Christ...

Or maybe...

Follow me FOR THAT IS WHAT Christ wants you to do...

Then again, perhaps it means...

Follow me BECAUSE HE HAS MADE ME YOUR PATTERN...

Or could it possibly be...

Follow me BECAUSE THE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU WERE GIVEN TO ME TO YOU-WARD BY THE LORD...

And on and on...

The question one should ever be asking though - "Nevertheless, what was the immediate theme or context?

"Is there also a remote one - wherein the same or similar theme is also found?"

Yours is clearly...a "well, what it means to me..." cherry pick.

Acts 17: 11, 12.

marhig

Rely on any one passage alone and one is likely to end up at any number of meanings to cherry pick from....

The school of "well, what it means TO ME is...

As in, well, what it means to me is...

Follow me BECAUSE I follow Christ....

Or perhaps...

Follow me BY FOLLOWING Christ...

Or maybe...

Follow me FOR THAT IS WHAT Christ wants you to do...

Then again, perhaps it means...

Follow me BECAUSE HE HAS MADE ME YOUR PATTERN...

Or could it possibly be...

Follow me BECAUSE THE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU WERE GIVEN TO ME TO YOU-WARD BY THE LORD...

And on and on...

The question one should ever be asking though - "Nevertheless, what was the immediate theme or context?

"Is there also a remote one - wherein the same or similar theme is also found?"

Yours is clearly...a "well, what it means to me..." cherry pick.

Acts 17: 11, 12.
It's clear and simple, Jesus said "follow me" and I follow him, I don't follow any other just Christ Jesus.

Paul makes it quite clear that Christ is the foundation that is to be built upon, we don't follow Paul he's an apostle a master builder preaching the gospel of God which was first brought by Christ Jesus who is the foundation. We don't follow Paul or anyone else we follow Christ.

1 Corinthians 3

For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

DAN P

Hi Jerry and you never answered 2 Tim 1:9 , OR Rom 2:7 it uses the Greek word AIONIOS and is not REFUTABLE , as it means AGES !!

Read Heb 11 , and they were saved by FAITH , and how will you explain THAT ??

dan p