When did the gospel go to the Gentiles?

Gary K

Banned
I can't participate in the dispensationalist forum so I'm posting this here.

Acts 8:1 AND Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judæa and Samaria, except the apostles.
2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.
3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8 And there was great joy in that city.

The Pharisees hated the Samaritans even more than the did the average pagan because of what happened during Ezra's and Nehemiah's day. Therefore they saw this as a bigger insult than preaching to the average Gentile.

Luke makes it absolutely clear that the gospel went to Gentiles, as technically that's what the Samaritans were, before Paul's conversion..

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Acts 8:1 AND Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judæa and Samaria, except the apostles.
2 And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.
3 As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8 And there was great joy in that city.

The Pharisees hated the Samaritans even more than the did the average pagan because of what happened during Ezra's and Nehemiah's day. Therefore they saw this as a bigger insult than preaching to the average Gentile.

Luke makes it absolutely clear that the gospel went to Gentiles, as technically that's what the Samaritans were, before Paul's conversion..

You sure do have an imaginative mind...

Right Divider

Body part
Which gospel?

The "gospel of the kingdom" is not about gentiles, it is about the nation (i.e., kingdom) of Israel. That is why Jesus kept it to just them:

Matt 10:5-7 (AKJV/PCE)​
(10:5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (10:6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (10:7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

The Bible says that salvation came to the gentiles because of Israel's fall:
Rom 11:11 (AKJV/PCE)​
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.​
Previously it was this:
John 4:22 (AKJV/PCE)​
(4:22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Bradley D

The gospel was to be preached to the Israelites first and then to the gentiles. Although Jesus had positive encounters with gentiles during his ministry. But Jesus said that the gospel was to be preached to all. "And the gospel must first be preached to all nations" (Mark 13:10)

Right Divider

Body part
The gospel was to be preached to the Israelites first and then to the gentiles.
Which gospel?

The gospel of the kingdom is not about gentiles at all. See my previous post.
Although Jesus had positive encounters with gentiles during his ministry. But Jesus said that the gospel was to be preached to all. "And the gospel must first be preached to all nations" (Mark 13:10)
Which gospel?

The gospel of the grace of God was not preached until God gave it to Paul to preach.

Gary K

Banned
Which gospel?

The "gospel of the kingdom" is not about gentiles, it is about the nation (i.e., kingdom) of Israel. That is why Jesus kept it to just them:

Matt 10:5-7 (AKJV/PCE)​
(10:5) These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into [any] city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (10:6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (10:7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

The Bible says that salvation came to the gentiles because of Israel's fall:
Rom 11:11 (AKJV/PCE)​
(11:11) I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but [rather] through their fall salvation [is come] unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.​
Previously it was this:
John 4:22 (AKJV/PCE)​
(4:22) Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
There is only one gospel. The gospel of Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
I have a question for you. Have you forgotten everything I have said about dispensationalism?
Your great love of being in ERROR is sad.

There are MANY gospels in the Bible. That you (and most of Churchianity) try to force there to be just one is ridiculous.

Again, I will repeat this for the benefit of anyone that would like know the truth, the gospel of the kingdom is NOT the same as the gospel of the grace of God.

It is plain to see that the Bible uses many cases of "the gospel OF". This is obvious to anyone that is explaining WHAT that gospel is about.

Don't be blind! It makes you dumb.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The section should be changed as there are inconsistent rules. But that won't happen. There are people in those sections that are there to disrupt, and they are allowed to post. Just don't use it or ask to use and post in the main forum. At least that is my suggestion.
25 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.” 27 And as he talked with him, he went in and found many who had come together. 28 Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Explain why Peter said it was unlawful.

Gary K

Banned
Your great love of being in ERROR is sad.

There are MANY gospels in the Bible. That you (and most of Churchianity) try to force there to be just one is ridiculous.

Again, I will repeat this for the benefit of anyone that would like know the truth, the gospel of the kingdom is NOT the same as the gospel of the grace of God.

It is plain to see that the Bible uses many cases of "the gospel OF". This is obvious to anyone that is explaining WHAT that gospel is about.

Don't be blind! It makes you dumb.
I will stick with the words of Jesus rather than read things into scripture that are not there.

Mark 14: 8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.

Matthew 24:
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

I disagree very strongly that the words and commands of Jesus do not apply to me. He came to save His people from their sins, not in their sins and He paid the price on the cross for everyone who will ever live. He's the Savior of the world.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
14 And this gospel of the kingdom
What is the gospel of the kingdom?

Here is reference.

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures

Is that the gospel of the kingdom? My question isn't rhetorical.

Right Divider

Body part
I will stick with the words of Jesus rather than read things into scripture that are not there.
The entire Bible are the "words of Jesus".
Mark 14: 8 She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying.
9 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
THIS gospel... i.e., the gospel of the kingdom!

At that time, God had NOT even revealed the gospel of the grace of God.
Matthew 24:
9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
THIS GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM!! Is not the gospel of the grace of God, which was not revealed until God called Paul.

You can continue to believe and promote lies if you like, but that's a very bad idea.
I disagree very strongly that the words and commands of Jesus do not apply to me.
Then I take it that you are keeping the law of Moses, per Jesus' command.

Matt 23:1-3 (AKJV/PCE)​
(23:1) Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, (23:2) Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: (23:3) All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, [that] observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.​
He came to save His people from their sins,
"His people" refers to the nation of Israel.
not in their sins and He paid the price on the cross for everyone who will ever live. He's the Savior of the world.
No kidding. Why do you think that I believe otherwise?

You're a very stubborn and confused man Gary K.

Gary K

Banned
The section should be changed as there are inconsistent rules. But that won'tHere is why.
happen. There are people in those sections that are there to disrupt, and they are allowed to post. Just don't use it or ask to use and post in the main forum. At least that is my suggestion.

25 As Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him and fell down at his feet and worshiped him. 26 But Peter lifted him up, saying, “Stand up; I myself am also a man.” 27 And as he talked with him, he went in and found many who had come together. 28 Then he said to them, “You know how unlawful it is for a Jewish man to keep company with or go to one of another nation. But God has shown me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

Explain why Peter said it was unlawful.
Here is why.

This a quote fro a Jew who converted to Christianity in the later 1800s. He was raised to be a rabbi as he was born on the day of atonement and his parents were very excited as they thought he might be the promised Messiah. He was an expert on the Talmud.

12. While the Pharisees were a very strict class, they carried their scruples to an extreme. Not only
were they separated from the heathen and Gentiles around them, but there existed a separation even among themselves. As a result they became divided into four separate classes, each class being nearly as distinct from the other as these were from the Gentiles around them. Certain restrictions were removed, thus allowing them to eat and drink together; but as to social standing and piety they had nothing in common. Possibly this idea might throw some light on the statement of Paul when he says:
“For you have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion, how that beyond
measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it. And profited in the Jews’ religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.” [20]
And again another expression:

“Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinks that he has whereof he
might trust in the flesh, 1 more. Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin,an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee.” [21]

THEIR FOUNDATION OF FAITH

13. For the basis of their belief, they claimed Moses and the prophets. They heralded far and wide
that they were the children of God, and that they were the only true believers in God; anybody who did not believe with them, and accept their interpretation of Scripture could not be saved. Just a few illustrations will here be cited, touching certain of their points of belief, which perhaps may make some passages of Scripture more clear.

The Jewish people were taught to think of the rabbis as speaking with the same authority as God. In other words they were all Jewish popes.

Here's another quote on the rabbis.

TEACHINGS OF RABBIS PLACED ABOVE GOD’S WORD

15. They were putting themselves in the place of God to the people; their sayings were placed
upon equality with God’s teachings. Hence we read that the written law was like water; but the oral law,
Mishna, was like wine: the Gemara, like spiced wine. Some went as far as to say that the words of the
scribes are lovely above the words of the law (meaning the written law), for the words of the written law
are weighty and light; but the words of the scribes are all weighty. One, Rabbi Judah, son of Tamai, said:
“A child at five years should study the Bible, at ten the Mishna, at fifteen the Gernara.”
From this last statement it can be seen that three times as much value is placed upon the words of
men as upon the words of God. The person as he comes to years of maturity should regard the words of the
Scripture only one-third as much as he does the words of the rabbis. Yes, they go so far as to say:
“Yea, though they should tell thee that thy right hand is the left, and the left hand that it is the
right, it must be believed.”
It is not surprising, then, that the Savior condemned those teachers for making void the word of
God by their tradition. By their multiplicity of maxims they enslaved the man; they put the word of God
aside, in order that their words might be highly esteemed.

Gary K

Banned
What is the gospel of the kingdom?

Here is reference.

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures

Is that the gospel of the kingdom? My question isn't rhetorical.
I don't understand the point of your question.