ECT What's MAD?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
When Peter confessed that Yeshua was the God Man, peter next tried to reprimand Yeshua for saying He muster suffer and die. Yeshua then calls Pete the devil.
Why?
Because the gospel of the kingdom that Pete and co had been sent out to preach (only to jews) was not the gospel of salvation.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Peter was not ready to see what that was, until God opened his eyes in Acts 2.

Correction: after the resurrection Pete was shown all of the scriptures concerning the gospel of salvation by Yeshua, and Pete was told to wait for the Spirit before using the keys to the kingdom.

Wait the kingdom was a diff gospel right?
Right.
But the kingdom of heaven is now in mystery form on earth in the church. And at the 2nd coming the Jewish Messianic kingdom wil be instituted.

vfirestormv

Were sins placed on the scapegoat? And what did the scapegoat do with them? Was the scapegoat alive when he took the sins away?

Something to consider.

Yes you are correct, but there were two goats. Both represent Jesus. The one was slain as the sacrifice and the other was set outside the camp. Showing that Jesus would be slain for our sins and placed on Him and to be taken away never to be seen again. That is the way I see it anyway.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes you are correct, but there were two goats. Both represent Jesus. The one was slain as the sacrifice and the other was set outside the camp. Showing that Jesus would be slain for our sins and placed on Him and to be taken away never to be seen again. That is the way I see it anyway.

Yes, he is both goats.

One died for the sins, but the other "took them away".

John foretold of taking them away.

Cross Reference

Jesus, the son of God came to earth to save the world from their sins. He was crucified by cross and on the third day He arose from the grave therefore defeating satan. Anyone who believes and confesses Him as their Lord and Savior will be saved

I don't think so.

It was the Word of God Who came to Earth. A body was prepared for Him we call the "son of God"-"son of man", that He could live like every other man while on Earth and that while here He showed us how to live as God had planned from the beginning. Then that same Body prepared for Him died a physical death to make a way possible for all mankind to follow suit.

That is the abbreviated version.

vfirestormv

Yes, he is both goats.

One died for the sins, but the other "took them away".

John foretold of taking them away.

Are you saying the book of John didn't foretell of His dying? Or John himself didn't. I would agree with the second because he didn't fully understand what Jesus had been telling them. But the book of John contains parables signifying His death.

Joh_12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Joh_12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did Paul deny that Jesus was the Lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world?

So you are not going answer. Paul said he revealed it first. Paul said he was saved first.

For those that don't know, there is a reason people against Paul being first. Because if it is all one, then you can show Paul speaking of circumcision (olive tree) and call it the Body. And salvation can be lost and is there for a function of self righteousness.

This is why he is hedging and will not answer.

Cross Reference

Are you saying the book of John didn't foretell of His dying? Or John himself didn't. I would agree with the second because he didn't fully understand what Jesus had been telling them. But the book of John contains parables signifying His death.

Joh_12:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Joh_12:33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Both in life and His physical death did it signify. I not so sure John even understood that. However, what he wrote covered both types of dying.

Right Divider

Body part
Given Paul's ministry was to the Gentiles, why would you suppose they would understand anything of a lamb other than they were meant to be eaten?
Even though Paul was "the apostle of the gentiles", that does not mean that his ministry was so limited.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
My point was that many try to say that "Paul didn't teach anything different than Peter, etc." and that is not true. Paul was given revelation from God that NO one else received. None of that means that there are not MANY things in common, since God is the author of both of their ministries.

musterion

Lots of Gentiles went to synagogue and heard the sermons. Many were utterly ignorant pagans, but some knew more than we'd tend to give them credit for knowing.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Even though Paul was "the apostle of the gentiles", that does not mean that his ministry was so limited.
Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
My point was that many try to say that "Paul didn't teach anything different than Peter, etc." and that is not true. Paul was given revelation from God that NO one else received. None of that means that there are not MANY things in common, since God is the author of both of their ministries.

There are different saints, given different ministries, and prophets who were given different revelations, but all of these accord with the one Gospel of Grace in Jesus Christ.

This is how the saints, ministries, and revelations prove to be from God. This is how the Canon of Scripture was determined.

The one Gospel preached is a plumb line of truth, by which all interpretation of scripture must align.

When multiple gospels are proposed, the harmony of divine truth is lost and biblical guidelines are destroyed. Anyone can then teach anything and call it "truth"; deceiving themselves and others.

Cross Reference

Limited?? Why would you suppose I would think that. However, given his ministry, why would you suppose he would say something that by using the other illustrations/words, he could avoid long drawn out explanations?

Hey! Paul! Whats a lamb have to with anything?!