What would you do?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I told one of the family members that if the child does not sometime in his life make a personal profession of faith in Christ he was going to hell. My comment was not appreciated.

Wow. You actually went ahead and ruined their happy day.

No wonder your comment wasn't appreciated.

You must be very proud of yourself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I did go. I did not enjoy it, especially when the preacher said... "This child has now entered into eternal life and is a part of the body of Christ".

I told one of the family members that if the child does not sometime in his life make a personal profession of faith in Christ he was going to hell. My comment was not appreciated.

You did the right thing in going. I would have left out the preaching though. Perhaps, another time would have been more appropriate?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Grosnick thought he would never get it in the neck as he kept at it when I said little exposing him for what he is.

The man is not a Christian in the true sense of the word, he is a false believer, an unwise virgin full of deceit and you have helped him stay that way.

If you really cared for him then you would have corrected him, but you Madists will back each other even if you are on the road to hell.

LA

You sound like one of those "Raving Lunatics" that stand on the corner yelling: "The world will end this Tuesday at 5:00 PM." When 5:00 comes around, they say: "Okay, maybe it will end in an hour and a half?Be ready!! Remember the time you kept telling me my head was going to be cut off? That was really funny. You're just plain silly. :rotfl:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Silly LA. This grudge you carry against GM has become a cancer in your soul. Cut it out!

Yeah, it's eating her up inside. Her prediction of my untimely demise didn't come to fruition and she's very angry about that. Well, she could just hang in there, keep trying and someday she may hit the "Jackpot."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A common problem.

The Madist Grosnick thinks he is saved because he believes a doctrine, but his fruit is bad.

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Mat 7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Mat 7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

LA

If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times, Matthew was pertaining to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, not the Gentiles. Keep trying, though. Although, to be honest, I don't think you'll ever "get it."

Robert Pate

Banned
There are problems with baptisms, confirmations. Many people are led to believe that doing those things makes them a Christian. I have witnessed that first hand. What it makes them is a counterfeit Christian. Thousands went forward during the Billy Graham crusades, thinking that going forward made them a Christian. Nothing, absolutely nothing should come ahead of faith in Christ. You either believe or you don't.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There are problems with baptisms, confirmations. Many people are led to believe that doing those things makes them a Christian. I have witnessed that first hand. What it makes them is a counterfeit Christian. Thousands went forward during the Billy Graham crusades, thinking that going forward made them a Christian. Nothing, absolutely nothing should come ahead of faith in Christ. You either believe or you don't.

There are problems with pride.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
A close family member has invited you to attend an infant baptism and social at their Lutheran church. You don't believe in infant baptisms and feel that it is in opposition to the Gospel and justification by faith. What would you do?

1. Don't go and possibly offend them?

2. Go and act like everything is just fine and that you approve. Be a hypocrite.

3. Go and tell them why you think infant baptism is wrong and possibly offend them.

4. Go so that you can discuss this with them at a later date.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
My allegiance to Christ's commands supersedes this situation. I would not go because by going I am partaking in a lie of the enemy. As a matter of fact if I loved my friend I would point blank tell them where they were wrong.

Try not being so lukewarm. Stand up to anyone and anything whether a jihadist murderer or a lukewarm Christian on the basis of positional truth.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

chair

Well, at least this thread is sorting out those with human feelings from the "I am correct and the hell with the rest of the world (TM)" types.

What would Jesus do?