What Would Justify This Man's Death?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Blacks have little or no reason to trust the police - in Ferguson the police used that community as "cash cow" to generate additional funds.

All small cities do that and speed traps have existed since there have been cars.. Thats nothing new. Its not a "black" thing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What sort of circumstances would exonerate his captors?

How do we even explain how this kind of thing happens?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/19/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death/

Not enough information, he could have harmed himself resisting arrest. Ill wait till there is more information to form my opinion.

What I asked were for hypotheticals, and you imagine he could have harmed himself. Is there are a logical way he could have sustained those injuries during lawful police activities? What would that hypothetical scenario look like?

Why do you suppose they broke his leg for being scared of them and then hauled him away?

Do not flee. Do not resist. Surrender peacefully.
If it is unjust illegal you will be alive and healthy to legally pursue the matter.

More info is now known ... apparently he had a previous spinal injury.

http://www.rickwells.us/allstate-go...pinal-injury-pre-existing-part-of-settlement/

1PeaceMaker

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The article author seems a bit confused.

Actually account reflect this;

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma.../bs-md-gray-ticker-20150425-story.html#page=1

So you are denying he had a previous spinal injury?

1PeaceMaker said:
What I asked were for hypotheticals, and you imagine he could have harmed himself. Is there are a logical way he could have sustained those injuries during lawful police activities? What would that hypothetical scenario look like?

Why do you suppose they broke his leg for being scared of them and then hauled him away?

1PeaceMaker

So you are denying he had a previous spinal injury?

How does a disability liberate the police from responsibility for their actions?

He shouldn't have died from an encounter. It's clear they were roughing him up from the start.

This is why we need to change the training and expectations of the police.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How does a disability liberate the police from responsibility for their actions?

It's not his disability that caused the incident ... it was his act of resisting arrest. EOS.

Good things the facts actually came out, huh?

1PeaceMaker

It's not his disability that caused the incident ... it was his act of resisting arrest. EOS.

Good things the facts actually came out, huh?

Only that we just found out that those weren't the facts, after all. He wasn't disabled, but he was constantly being arrested and moreso than convicted of anything.

PTSD.... how can we handle the citizens who have PTSD and phobias of cops after all the abuse we've witnessed over the years?

Does it have to be spine-severing force we use when arresting them?

1PeaceMaker

Wow, that certainly makes it clear it could have been his own resisting that caused further injury or there could have been problems existing from additional surgery he received in less than 2 weeks before that.

He didn't have a spinal cord injury or recent surgery.

Would you like to provide more than "page not found" for a source?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Learn how to read, i never provided any link to anything - and the post i quoted at the top of this page that i responded to, has a working link, check it.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
Learn how to read, i never provided any link to anything - and the post i quoted at the top of this page that i responded to, has a working link, check it.

I know how to read. In the title of that article it says "Records Indicate Spinal Injury Pre-existing, Part Of Settlement" then in the article it says "which may have included surgeries" and "Other anonymous sources indicate" That article is complete speculation and rumor, nothing in that document cited mentions an auto accident, surgery, or his spine!

How on earth you could have read that and come away thinking "Wow, that certainly makes it clear............" is baffling.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I know how to read. In the title of that article it says "Records Indicate Spinal Injury Pre-existing, Part Of Settlement" then in the article it says "which may have included surgeries" and "Other anonymous sources indicate" That article is complete speculation and rumor, nothing in that document cited mentions an auto accident, surgery, or his spine!

How on earth you could have read that and come away thinking "Wow, that certainly makes it clear............" is baffling.

um, please read what i was responding to, with the learn how to read thing, thanks.

1PeaceMaker

You are reading into my post if you think I was implying YOU posted a link. What I was doing was making an assertion and challenging you to refute it with more than a broken link, such as Rusha provided, since she failed to convince me with the rumor-mill article that has since disappeared.

1PeaceMaker

I see, you didn't read both sentences as a single context.

[Subtext "if you want to debat that point I just made, since you seemed to agree with Rusha..."]

Next time I will hopefully add that extra bit of subtext in my head, for increased clarity. I just thought that the first part of my post and the context to what I was replying would have made me clear in my meaning.