What Would Justify This Man's Death?

1PeaceMaker

Not enough information, he could have harmed himself resisting arrest. Ill wait till there is more information to form my opinion.

What I asked were for hypotheticals, and you imagine he could have harmed himself. Is there are a logical way he could have sustained those injuries during lawful police activities? What would that hypothetical scenario look like?

Why do you suppose they broke his leg for being scared of them and then hauled him away?

1PeaceMaker

"They have completely cooperated with the investigation from Day 1," Michael Davey, an attorney for the officers involved, told reporters.

He defended their interactions with Gray, and said that police did not need probable cause to arrest.

"There is a Supreme Court case that states that if you are in a high-crime area, and you flee from the police unprovoked, the police have the legal ability to pursue you, and that's what they did," he said. "In this type of an incident, you do not need probable cause to arrest. You just need a reasonable suspicion to make the stop."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/22/us/baltimore-freddie-gray-death/

I guess everything was his fault, then?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
If a policeman tries to stop you:

Do not flee. Do not resist. Surrender peacefully.

What about this is so difficult for [black] people to understand?

1PeaceMaker

What if people [of any color] suffer an extreme phobia of cops?

Do they deserve to be folded up until their spine is severed?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Funny how some folks have zero problem referring to feds as "jack-booted thugs" but often turn out to be the same people who defend cops tooth and nail.

Pretty sure that "spine severing" isn't ever acceptable, even these days.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Funny how some folks have zero problem referring to feds as "jack-booted thugs" but often turn out to be the same people who defend cops tooth and nail.

Pretty sure that "spine severing" isn't ever acceptable, even these days.

Agreed. It's not. I just wish to reserve my judgment until all the facts are known.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Agreed. It's not. I just wish to reserve my judgment until all the facts are known.

Agree, the article also says they picked up other prisoners - how do we know one of them didn't harm him, or he contorted himself in the van trying to remove the restraints on him? We don't know - and wont be any closer to know till there is more information.

1PeaceMaker

Agree, the article also says they picked up other prisoners - how do we know one of them didn't harm him, or he contorted himself in the van trying to remove the restraints on him? We don't know - and wont be any closer to know till there is more information.

They didn't get medical help in a timely fashion. What was that all about?

1PeaceMaker

And resisting and yelling police brutality when you are confronted by an officer makes things better how, exactly?

It might not. Especially if the cops have a history of violence on the job and might get even more violent. I kinda understand, though, if you are in total terror for your life why you might scream stuff, especially if your leg was just broken and all. :idunno:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Blacks have little or no reason to trust the police - in Ferguson the police used that community as "cash cow" to generate additional funds.

Last edited: