What is the Gospel?

blackbirdking

Indeed. So?

What is your duty as commanded by God in His revealed will (Scripture) versus attempting to seek out His unrevealed will (Deut. 29:29)?

What is your duty as commanded by Scripture, Gods's revealed will?

This: Believe upon the Lord and be saved.

Do your duty and see where that takes you.

You may just find
Be careful Sonnet, it's all pre-ordained.

that the things you claimed to understand beforehand were not as you assumed, thus proving the state of the unbeliever described in Romans 1. This whole discussion is fruitless when taken up between an avowed non-believer and a believer. The former has no ears to hear. Period. I or no one else herein can argue you into the Kingdom.

Obey God. That is your duty. Do it or be left without excuse.
Do it Sonnet, do it; but if you don't it's alright. Either way, it's to the glory of God.
Afterwards, in your walk of faith some things will become more clear depending upon how you manage your walk of faith in the feeding of your faith and starving of your doubts by not neglecting daily Scripture study, rejoicing in hope, being patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer (Romans 12:12), fellowship with other believers, keeping good stewardship of the secular and spiritual gifts God has given you—including how and where your time is being spent—and with regular assembly with others to worship God, receive instruction, access the ordinary means of grace, and being subject to discipline.

So, what prevents you at this moment in calling upon the name of the Lord?
Sorry Sonnet, it's the T in TULIP'; nothing you can do my dear. Be happy though, some day the I might come rushing in.
Nothing. You know this. You simply continue to rationalize and navel gaze.
AMR

See Sonnet, you're not the only one that can rationalize!

blackbirdking

Thanks.

Love?
How did God love Esau whom, it is claimed, He literally hated and damned?

Well now let me ponder...

Oh I got it! Don't you dare ask them questions like that; who are you to question God. Shall the clay question the potter? Absolutely not!

Forget it Sonnet, be happy.

blackbirdking

We differ on what is "the most fundamental issue." The most fundamental issue, the very definition of Christian faith, according to Paul, is believing the historical fact that He is risen. Everything else is beneath this historical fact, this "crowning" truth, and everything else connects with, as to the hub of a wheel, this "central" truth, of the one Christian faith (Eph4:5KJV). The Lord Jesus Christ is risen. There is no disagreement among all Christians everywhere on this one point. And anyone who denies that He is risen, can safely be judged to be outside the Body of Christ.

Amen, everyone agrees on that there point; but, may I ask who for?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is talking about immediately after he was tricked out of the blessing, and the why of it. What do you think "inherited the blessing has to do with"? God did not hate Esau, He simply allowed Jacob to cheat him out of his inheritance because the promise was to come through Jacob.

Jacob and Esau reconciled, and were still close enough to bury their father years later.

Genesis 35:28-29
28 And the days of Isaac were an hundred and fourscore years. 29 And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.​

I know....try reading more of the story instead of just the aftermath of the stolen birthright.

Gen. 33:4 And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept. 5 And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously given thy servant.​

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
Heb 12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
Heb 12:17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

blackbirdking

No, because as I said, the Gospel is very simple. The complexities you are addressing are how men have decided to interpret it. If men could keep their "explanations" out of it,

Sorry, won't work, we(you included) can't; it's ordained.

you would find agreement.
EXCEPT, of course, those who decide to add to Paul's Gospel with "repentance from sin" and "believe and obey and be water baptized". That is another Gospel....the "other gospel" that was preached to the Jews before the cross.

See, you included; giving your personal opinion.
I'm telling ya, it goes back to what a man chooses to believe about God.
A man needs to seek God! Period! Everything he needs will follow or God is not God and the whole world is goin' to hell and nothing matters anyhow!

A man must lay aside his preconceived notions about God and seek Him.

Last edited:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
What is the Gospel?

It is not dishonest to ask you about your beliefs. It is dishonest to use scripture to avoid the secrets of the heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
e8f94b5de69b1546d10e1b129637d3ba.png

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since I am viewed as totally depraved then it would seem odd of me (and possibly delusional) to express a 'moral' objection to believing in a God that you describe. Nevertheless, I consider the actuality of such a Gospel as repugnant.

No matter what you will cling to as not repugnant, the same command from God remains. Do you duty. Call upon the name of the Lord and be saved.

What's stopping you from doing so right now?

AMR

glorydaz

Sorry, won't work, we(you included) can't; it's ordained.

See, you included; giving your personal opinion.
I'm telling ya, it goes back to what a man chooses to believe about God.
A man needs to seek God! Period! Everything he needs will follow or God is not God and the whole world is goin' to hell and nothing matters anyhow!

A man must lay aside his preconceived notions about God and seek Him.

Nonsense. Just because you have no clue, doesn't mean others don't.

And why the sudden change in punctuation? You aren't trying to deceive us, are you?

blackbirdking

...that God did not need to nor was God obligated to save anyone either by election or non election....
Oh yes He was obligated, by His own character.

...The fact that He saves anyone is the manifestation of His love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...and His mercy, and His justice, and His longsuffering, and His kindness, and on and on and on; His character demanded it!

glorydaz

The other Gospel - that of Christ dying for some and God hating Esau to damnation is tolerated amongst Christians. For me, that justifies scepticism.

THAT is not the "other Gospel" Paul was talking about. You claim something that goes beyond the scope of the truth. Try actually reading Galatians, and then you can attempt to address this while clothed and in your right mind.

Your grudge is clear. You are anti Calvin, and that's just fine. Many of us are. Why you think you are the one to scold us for what you see as tolerance smacks of spiritual pride.

And you lecture us. :chuckle:

blackbirdking

You wouldn't know the heavens declare the glory of God except it is written:

Psalms 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

As to the topic of this thread,
I was following the topic when I wrote that in case you didn't check.

I ask you, "What is the gospel" of your salvation?

Ah, lovely question and I'm pleased to answer!

The good news of my redemption and deliverance is:
God who is rich in mercy, loved me so much that He couldn't keep from doing everything in His power to build an escape route from the hell I was in; then He called my name, showed me the way out, and leads me when I follow His leadings, prods me when I'm slow, helps me up when I fall, kicks me in the a__ when I'm bad, encourages me when I'm down, and brings me down when I get puffed up, is all I need, but sometimes I forget so He reminds me.

I'm so totally convinced of His goodness for every single man that sometimes I can't keep from dissing with people that don't follow through on what they say they believe, rationalizing to make excuses for their 'doctrine', and denying where their beliefs will lead.

That's probly enough.