What is the Gospel?

glorydaz

Hahahahaha You realized you were wrong and now you are trying to clean it up? Do you really think that the Jews thought they didn't have to obey but would still receive eternal life? Yes or no.

What are you blabbering about now? :kookoo:

Surely you can see that the sacrifices offered by the people were to pay for their misdeeds under the law. They were the fines, if you will, to appease God's justice....temporarily.

If you want to look to eternal life, you need look further.

Psalm 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.​

God's Truth

What are you blabbering about now? :kookoo:

Surely you can see that the sacrifices offered by the people were to pay for their misdeeds under the law. They were the fines, if you will, to appease God's justice....temporarily.

If you want to look to eternal life, you need look further.

Psalm 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.​

God didn't like it that they would give sacrifices but not really be sorry for their sins.

You still have not addressed what we were talking about.

The Jews believed in the resurrection of the dead to eternal life, and they knew they had to obey everything that God says.

glorydaz

The Jews believed in the resurrection of the dead to eternal life, and they knew they had to obey everything that God says.

Shows just how wrong they were....same as you, by the way.

Romans 10
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

God's Truth

Shows just how wrong they were....same as you, by the way.

Romans 10
1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.​

Unbelievable.

You don't know about the remnant being saved.

You also don't get it that Gentiles are ignorant too, and not all Gentiles will be saved.

I am tired of debating people who can't keep track of all of God's word.

Last edited:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
~*~*~

Just a reminder people, and adding to my previous commentary here,....Jesus taught the gospel of the kingdom, a kingdom accessible NOW, in our midst, at our doors, AT HAND. Remember, God is omnipresent,...one's divine inheritance is now in the very Spirit of God within us, the divine seed, the divine potential, the 'Christ'.

Now if you want to toss in Paul's gospel mystery,...that is even enforced further,...being 'Christ in us, the hope of glory',....so at this Christ-mas season,...having Christ in you and you being 'in Christ' is most important, and it is wholly a spiritual affair. - add whatever nauance of myth and metaphor as well, since the gospels have a good share of that too ;)

~*~*~

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Nihilo,

The Catholics say they can't even say they are saved you are saved.

Who are they to be able to tell you anyway?

Jesus literally lives in the heart of the one he saves.

Tell me you would need the Catholic denomination after having God Himself in you.
God says to be in full communion with His Church, which is the Catholic Church, with her bishops, whose beginning is recorded for us in His Bible.

glorydaz

God says to be in full communion with His Church, which is the Catholic Church, with her bishops, whose beginning is recorded for us in His Bible.

The first "churches" were in people's homes. There are still churches in people's homes today.

To claim that is the Catholic Church is error, and one you just can't put off. What a shame. :nono:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The first "churches" were in people's homes.
And they had bishops, either the Apostles themselves, or bishops ordained by the Apostles themselves, or bishops ordained by bishops ordained by the Apostles themselves; etc., through the biblical and Pauline imposition of hands.
There are still churches in people's homes today.
With bishops ordained through an unbroken succession of imposition of hands that spans back to the Apostles, including Paul?
To claim that is the Catholic Church is error, and one you just can't put off. What a shame. :nono:
There are bishops in the New Testament, Timothy and Titus were bishops, to whom Paul wrote epistles. There are many Christian ecclesial communities where there are no bishops, and there are two big traditions where there are, Catholic and Orthodox parishes. The difference between the two is how they understand bishops, with Catholics believing Peter's successor is preserved from teaching error in certain very particular circumstances, and the Orthodox deny this. But both Catholic and Orthodox bishops teach that we should all be in full communion with the Body of Christ.

That's just what I believe.

God's Truth

The Catholic denomination is apostate.

There is nothing in the scriptures resembling the Catholic church.

God's Truth

Show in the New Testament where churches were instructed to make statues, and draw pictures and bow to them and burn incense to them.

Show where in the New Testament an apostle puts on a long flowing robe, an extravagant hat, and has a special gold chair? Show where the people come and bow to the apostles and have their feet kissed.

Show where they taught everyone to go to Mary if they want to be saved.

Show where the Christians dug up decayed bodies and put them in see through glass caskets to pray to the dead body, and body parts, for a healing.

Danoh

God didn't like it that they would give sacrifices but not really be sorry for their sins.

You still have not addressed what we were talking about.

All true - under...the...law. Your witness there, is true, Titus 1:13.

Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

True under the Law ALSO - BUT...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But you never did make good on your hearing out that video study on the Bible's timeline and how knowing it helps one sort out all sorts of things asserted in Scripture.

So, confused you remain..

Thus your continued failure to note the following "BUT NOW" change in said timeline...

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In other words, Rom. 5: 6-8 - in - each - our - stead...

Here is hoping you get that much right, one day.

Absent of it, whatever you get right here and there might as well have been wrong as well.

Try to keep that in mind whenever I post my agreement with you on some other point of yours because I found it sound.

That I am merely being fair with you - not agreeing with the works FOR salvation error you are ever going on about due to your failure to note the Bible's Built-In Timeline that you might then begin to soundly understand what goes where.

Rom. 5: 6-8 TOWARDS you.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Show in the New Testament where churches were instructed to make statues, and draw pictures and bow to them and burn incense to them.

Show where in the New Testament an apostle puts on a long flowing robe, an extravagant hat, and has a special gold chair? Show where the people come and bow to the apostles and have their feet kissed.

Show where they taught everyone to go to Mary if they want to be saved.

Show where the Christians dug up decayed bodies and put them in see through glass caskets to pray to the dead body, and body parts, for a healing.
All Christians in the New Testament were pastored by bishops. Are you currently pastored by bishops?

God's Truth

All true - under...the...law. Your witness there, is true, Titus 1:13.

Acts 23:8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

True under the Law ALSO - BUT...

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

But you never did make good on your hearing out that video study on the Bible's timeline and how knowing it helps one sort out all sorts of things asserted in Scripture.
I don't need your video; and, you never came back after I told you I would watch your video if you would debate it with me.
So, confused you remain..
That is you.

Thus your continued failure to note the following "BUT NOW" change in said timeline...
You haven't proven that I am confused about anything. You are dishonest and say anything and you make it seem like I said something wrong. Show what I said that makes you come to that conclusion.
Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

In other words, Rom. 5: 6-8 - in - each - our - stead...

Here is hoping you get that much right, one day.
Absent of it, whatever you get right here and there might as well have been wrong as well.
No, deceitful, you can't convince anyone but someone already lost that I don't know those scriptures.

Try to keep that in mind whenever I post my agreement with you on some other point of yours because I found it sound.
You have so much error you would have to repent of everything you think you know and start over.

That I am merely being fair with you - not agreeing with the works FOR salvation error you are ever going on about due to your failure to note the Bible's Built-In Timeline that you might then begin to soundly understand what goes where.

Rom. 5: 6-8 TOWARDS you.

God never said we didn't have to obey Him anymore.

You are delusional, IMHO.

God's Truth

The facts...
[MENTION=18157]marhig[/MENTION] and [MENTION=13959]meshak[/MENTION] Love Jesus. They articulate about Love and when they speak of "sin" honestly, while they know and admit they sin and can't keep the "Old Law" in their flesh.
[MENTION=14521]God's Truth[/MENTION] is of this sort too... but forgets to acknowledge that the law of Jesus is Love, when she says "obey".

I'm done crusading against fellow brother sisters in Jesus, and I don't care who "Draco Malfoy" tells me I should call brother or sister. Knight once stated that he didn't hold himself accountable if faith was lost, due to something read here. That has to do with faith being strong or weak.

The way one person believes will be different than another, and the idea of 100% doctrinal agreement is impossible, until that teaching is directly out of Jesus' mouth to our ears. (I mean when He returns).

Therefore... I will Love, be honest if asked what I believe and build up all humanity as best I can, because of the unconditional Love Jesus Christ has shown me.

Hello EvilEye,

I did not check my mentions and so this is a late reply.

I am disappointed that you don't get it that Meshak is not a person who loves Jesus.

You say about me that I "forget to acknowledge that the law of Jesus is Love, when she says "obey"."

What don't you get that obeying Jesus IS LOVE.

Obeying Jesus is HOW we love.

2 John 1:6 The love of which I am speaking consists in our living in obedience to God's commands. God's command is that you should live in obedience to what you all heard from the very beginning.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands; and His commands are not irksome.

John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Church politics.......

Church politics.......

All Christians in the New Testament were pastored by bishops. Are you currently pastored by bishops?

You would be reminded that 'bishops' were an office only more clearly defined and appointed in later church organizational structures as church-state functions profited by their 'overseeing' the community.

These offices dont really come to the fore until the 2nd or 3rd century until church government sees their need. You'll be hardpressed to find Jesus himself appoint 'bishops' among his disciples during his teaching ministry, - such came later as religious conventions and matters of government.

Bolstering such positions under the authority or mantle of 'apostolic succession' came with the territory ;)

We would also remind readers to consider Jesus gospel message, which focuses on the kingdom of heaven, the reign and government of the Spirit of God in the hearts and souls of men. The kingdom of God is where the divine influence, law and will has full reign and preeminence. - nothing wrong with 'organized religion' per se, but note its potential trappings and politics.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Kingdom precepts.......

Kingdom precepts.......

John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

Well if God is love,...this would be the natural intent of the soul inspired and led by God,....love would be the law and spirit governing the soul.

Most all these other arguments or debate of what the 'gospel' is are but theological definitions and politics.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well if God is love,...this would be the natural intent of the soul inspired and led by God,....love would be the law and spirit governing the soul.

Most all these other arguments or debate of what the 'gospel' is are but theological definitions and politics.

All Jesus' word and teachings are the gospel.