What is the Gospel?

Right Divider

Body part
Stop repeating that.

Do you not think that the people in the old testament didn't know that some would be resurrected to eternal life and others to eternal condemnation?
John 5:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Rom 1:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

According to your theory, both Jesus and Paul were negligent to tell everyone that they needed to do something besides believe to receive salvation and eternal life.

musterion

(5:24) Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

(1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

According to your theory, both Jesus and Paul were negligent to tell everyone that they needed to do something besides believe to receive salvation and eternal life.

But you see, just like Meshak, that's what she's here for, to preach the crucial element of good news that will save you. They don't have a martyr complex, they have a messiah complex.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If one did not do the purification works they would be cut off from their people.

People atoned for their souls and were children of God because they obeyed the purification works. God was their Father and His Spirit was in the temple because they did the ceremonial works.
The Catholic faith believes that committing grave sins cuts off Christians from our people, and forbids receiving Holy Communion without first contritely reconciling with the Body of Christ through the sacrament of reconciliation. The Church defines grave sins, so that there is never any doubt about what they are. Part of this teaching concerns sexual misconduct, which is an expansion upon Acts 15:29 KJV ("fornication," rendered "sexual immorality" in some English versions).

Right Divider is correct, that there was never sacrifice that was, or could be made once for all eternal consequences of sin; until the Lord offered Himself for our sins. Not being cut off from your people is addressed in Catholicism's teachings on the Eucharist, which is called "the source and summit" of Christian life, and reconciliation for when grave sins are committed (and they are and will be, at least for the time being).

Right Divider

Body part
The Catholic faith believes that committing grave sins cuts off Christians from our people, and forbids receiving Holy Communion without first contritely reconciling with the Body of Christ through the sacrament of reconciliation. The Church defines grave sins, so that there is never any doubt about what they are. Part of this teaching concerns sexual misconduct, which is an expansion upon Acts 15:29 KJV ("fornication," rendered "sexual immorality" in some English versions).
Have you ever seen the movie "Spotlight"? The RCC does not have a very good track record when it comes to sexual sin.

Right Divider is correct, that there was never sacrifice that was, or could be made once for all eternal consequences of sin; until the Lord offered Himself for our sins. Not being cut off from your people is addressed in Catholicism's teachings on the Eucharist, which is called "the source and summit" of Christian life, and reconciliation for when grave sins are committed (and they are and will be, at least for the time being).
Cannibalism is not what the LORD had in mind when He gave that spiritual message.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Have you ever seen the movie "Spotlight"? The RCC does not have a very good track record when it comes to sexual sin.
The Church does a thorough job in teaching about it. There is no clearer teaching on the matter than Catholicism's.
Cannibalism is not what the LORD had in mind when He gave that spiritual message.
Vs. the point, which is that the Catholic Church teaches what Paul does about Communion.

God's Truth

Jesus and Paul told people they had to do something.

LoL

God's Truth

I can hardly believe that Right Divider said that.

How does anyone miss that Jesus told us what to do and that Paul did too?

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

God's Truth

You aren't getting around it.

If one did not do the purification works they would be cut off from their people.

People atoned for their souls and were children of God because they obeyed the purification works. God was their Father and His Spirit was in the temple because they did the ceremonial works.

God's Truth

But you see, just like Meshak, that's what she's here for, to preach the crucial element of good news that will save you. They don't have a martyr complex, they have a messiah complex.

You keep bring up Meshak as if it is some kind of defense for your false doctrines.
You should be embarrassed.

Right Divider

Body part
I can hardly believe that Right Divider said that.

How does anyone miss that Jesus told us what to do and that Paul did too?

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

2 Thessalonians 1:8 He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus.

Hebrews 5:9 and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him

Romans 6:16 Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
Rom 5:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Rom 5:17-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) (5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. (5:20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: (5:21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Accept the righteousness of Christ or perish.

God's Truth

Rom 5:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Rom 5:17-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) (5:18) Therefore as by the offence of one [judgment came] upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one [the free gift came] upon all men unto justification of life. (5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. (5:20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: (5:21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Accept the righteousness of Christ or perish.

Christ isn't even offering it to you until you do right.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus taught how to receive the Holy Spirit.

How do you miss that truth?
He also taught that "He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

How do you miss what truth?

God's Truth

He also taught that "He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

How do you miss what truth?

That is just too daffy. How do you ever get that Jesus telling us to believe means we don't have to obey?

All the scriptures that say 'believe', those scriptures do not nullify all the scriptures that say to obey.

Right Divider

Body part
Christ isn't even offering it to you until you do right.
The Bible says "when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son"

Rom 5:9-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (5:10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Psalm 50:23 Whoever sacrifices a thank offering honors Me, and whoever orders his conduct, I will show him the salvation of God."

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

John 14:21 The person who has my commandments and obeys them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will reveal myself to him."

John 15:10 If you obey my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commandments and remain in his love.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

John 18:37 Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."

John 3:21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.
Once AGAIN, you must back to the circumcision apostles and God's dealings with ISRAEL to ignore His revelation to and through the apostle of the GENTILES, Paul.

Right Divider

Body part
That is just too daffy. How do you ever get that Jesus telling us to believe means we don't have to obey?

All the scriptures that say 'believe', those scriptures do not nullify all the scriptures that say to obey.
You will not be saved by YOUR obedience, no matter how perfect that you think that you are.

God's Truth

The Bible says "when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son"

Rom 5:9-10 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. (5:10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Once AGAIN, you must back to the circumcision apostles and God's dealings with ISRAEL to ignore His revelation to and through the apostle of the GENTILES, Paul.

Same gospel to all.

Jesus taught how to get in the covenant of his blood BEFORE HE DIED. (duh)

And Paul taught it after Jesus died.