What is the express image of God?

keypurr

Sounds like you and Daqq are both very angry, bitter guys.

Well, your wrong again.

Speaking for myself I am very happy with my life and my faith.

Your expertise is neg repping any one who opposes your idiotic remarks. You really do not add any substance to your posts GM. But feel free to neg rep me anytime you get the urge, I am not here to be popular, I am here to share thoughts.

You act like a child when you do that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Well, your wrong again.

Speaking for myself I am very happy with my life and my faith.

Your expertise is neg repping any one who opposes your idiotic remarks. You really do not add any substance to your posts GM. But feel free to neg rep me anytime you get the urge, I am not here to be popular, I am here to share thoughts.

You act like a child when you do that.

Bitter person give neg reps. He got it all backwards.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
we can start with this

Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

the family comes to mind for me

the child joins a man and woman

they are one

Ben Masada

we can start with this

Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

the family comes to mind for me

the child joins a man and woman

they are one

Yes Chrysostom but it couldn't happen with God because of the following reason:

The Absolute Oneness of God

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

j4jesus09

Isaiah says that, absolutely, God cannot be compared with anyone or anything, as we read Isaiah 46:5. "To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal to , or compare Me with, that we may be alike?"

Therefore, more than one God would have been unable to produce the world; one would have impeded the work of the other, unless this could be avoided by a suitable division of labor.

More than one Divine Being would have one element in common, and would differ in another; each would thus consist of two elements, and would not be God.

More than one God are moved to action by will; the will, without a substratum, could not act simultaneously in more than one being.

Therefore, the existence of one God is proved; the existence of more than one God cannot be proved. One could suggest that it would be possible; but since as possibility is inapplicable to God, there does not exist more than one God. So, the possibility of ascertaining the existence of God is here confounded with potentiality of existence.

Again, if one God suffices, a second or third God would be superfluous; if one God is not sufficient, he is not perfect, and cannot be a deity.

Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.

God is one. Husband and wife are one. How are you defining one?

keypurr

You have put limits on our creator my friend. The Father, our only true God, did indeed create his express image and gave it powers. This image was said to be a FORM of God, that does not make it God for it is a creation. Mainstream Christian churches have tried to elevate the son to The position held only by the Father. As the Apostle Paul stated "We have one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ". Note that he does not say two or three Gods.

Your right that no one can be compared with the most high but his highest creation is his son by whom he created all. God call him O God in Hebrews 1. Christ has a God, the God that sent him.

glorydaz

That's like claiming the sun exists but produces no light and the light produces no power. There is only one God, but you limit Him. :nono:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
God is one, and only one. Christ has a God so he is not the one.

You're stoning Jesus. Looks like you got plenty of rocks on your land.
The Jews answered him [Jesus], saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. John 10:33

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Jews answered him [Jesus], saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. John 10:33

Yes, he would have been one of the ones carrying stones. No doubt friend, Jesus was God.

keypurr

Not so, how am I stoning Jesus. He is the son of God. He himself tells you that ONLY his Father is God. Don't you believe him? Do you listen to him or the Jews?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
God is one. Husband and wife are one. How are you defining one?

apples and oranges. You cannot use the same logic with us human to God.

Besides, Jesus is saying they are one in unity. Your logic is convenient to suit your doctrine.