What is Faith?

ttruscott

Do you mean trust or belief, or plain faith? Because belief and faith are poor words to translate word πίστις. In God, we trust, eh. The trust of the Messiah meaning that he trusted God, as we should all do.
I think the two English definitions of belief, one as faith (the unproven hope of Heb 11:1 ) and the other as trust in proven things (ie, I believe the sun will rise tomorrow.) makes for an often deliberate confusion.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You say "Miracles wipe out faith by removing our need for it. This is why you find that when people witnessed miracles in the bible, the result was almost entirely disastrous unbelief and even hatred toward God.

“In what universe does such a comment make any sense whatsoever? God is not rich! He is the Creator of wealth itself. He does not make decisions based on whether He can afford it or whether it even makes financial sense for you.” This is not true, “God is not rich” God does not need to create wealth, Everything that exists is His. You have nothing unless God gives it. The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Psalm 24:1
You should read Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
You quote only part of God’s Word. All through the Bible, it records people rejoicing after a miracle. God knows everything and is all-powerful and everywhere at the same time. He didn’t just
All animals came to Noah's Ark (Gen. 6:20) None of Noah's neighbors repent (I Peter 3:20; II Peter 2:5)
And Noah built an altar unto the Lord, and took of every clean beast, and every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Gen. 8:20 No hatred here or unbelief here
Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed (Gen. 19:12) Lot's wife looks back (19:26)
This is not a miracle. This is God’s judgment.
Ten Plagues of Egypt (Genesis 8-12) Pharaoh hardened his heart each time, briefly relenting
after the 10th plague (Exodus 12:31; 14:9)
The Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart three times out of the ten. Exodus 9:12;10:20,27;11:10
These miracles are God’s judgment on Pharaoh. No plagues came on any Israelite.
And the Lord did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died: but of the cattle of the children of Israel died not one. Exodus 9:4,6,7
Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel were, was there no hail. Exodus 9:26

They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. Exodus 10:23

Please format your post appropriately. The way you're formatting your post makes it hard to understand who is saying what.

Here's a link to help you with that:

If you need further assistance with formatting your posts, please contact me, and I will do my best to assist you.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You say "Miracles wipe out faith by removing our need for it. This is why you find that when people witnessed miracles in the bible, the result was almost entirely disastrous unbelief and even hatred toward God.

“In what universe does such a comment make any sense whatsoever? God is not rich! He is the Creator of wealth itself. He does not make decisions based on whether He can afford it or whether it even makes financial sense for you.” This is not true, “God is not rich” God does not need to create wealth, Everything that exists is His. You have nothing unless God gives it. The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein. Psalm 24:1
You should read Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
You quote only part of God’s Word. All through the Bible, it records people rejoicing after a miracle. God knows everything and is all-powerful and everywhere at the same time. He didn’t just
All animals came to Noah's Ark (Gen. 6:20) None of Noah's neighbors repent (I Peter 3:20; II Peter 2:5)
And Noah built an altar unto the Lord, and took of every clean beast, and every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. Gen. 8:20 No hatred here or unbelief here
Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed (Gen. 19:12) Lot's wife looks back (19:26)
This is not a miracle. This is God’s judgment.
Ten Plagues of Egypt (Genesis 8-12) Pharaoh hardened his heart each time, briefly relenting
after the 10th plague (Exodus 12:31; 14:9)
The Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart three times out of the ten. Exodus 9:12;10:20,27;11:10
These miracles are God’s judgment on Pharaoh. No plagues came on any Israelite.
And the Lord did that thing on the morrow, and all the cattle of Egypt died: but of the cattle of the children of Israel died not one. Exodus 9:4,6,7
Only in the land of Goshen, where the children of Israel were, was there no hail. Exodus 9:26

They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings. Exodus 10:23
You're not even paying attention.

What in the world are you even doing here? What a waste of time!

And use the "quote" feature, for crying out loud! Did you not notice that your posts look different than every other post on the site?

Clete

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I don't care about your supposed knowledge in "Greek verbal moods" because I have a reliable English translation from experts that understand the Greek better than you do.
If you say so. It means you are dependent on the English. I know of no Jew who says the Hebrew is well presented in English translation.

Last edited:

henrydv

You're not even paying attention.

What in the world are you even doing here? What a waste of time!

And use the "quote" feature, for crying out loud! Did you not notice that your posts look different than every other post on the site?

Clete

henrydv

“In what universe does such a comment make any sense whatsoever? God is not rich! He is the Creator of wealth itself. He does not make decisions based on whether He can afford it or whether it even makes financial sense for you.” What you say is not true. Have a good day. I am praying for you that God will show you the truth. God bless. bye

henrydv

A miracle kept me from dying in my sleep from alcoholism. I certainly have faith today.o
Keep believing in miracles. God is in control of everything that happens in our lives. God is not dead, and He is still doing miracles when we believe in Him. Praise God that you had faith to believe that God saved you from alcoholism.
Just like in Noah's day. There was only one doorway into the ark, and God used the ark to provide a way for Noah, his family, and the animals to be rescued from the flood, God's judgment, and the penalty of sin on the world.

There is only one doorway into heaven. God has provided the one way for you to go through His son Jesus Christ, to rescue you from his judgment and the penalty of sin.

Listen to what the Bible says in John 10:9 Jesus said, "I am the door: by Me if any man enters in, he shall be saved." That means, if you believe that Jesus Christ died, was buried, and rose again, and He is the only one who can save you, you will be saved? If you have never believed in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? You can now. If you have already had, then praise God for His salvation. Please respond so I will know how to pray for you.
You a very important to God and me. God bless