What God Requires for the Salvation of Fallen Man

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

I do read the epistles of Paul, yes.

What do you mean by

The only way that anyone can keep the law and be without sin is to be "In Christ".

Do you keep the law? What do you mean by be without sin?

The Spirit of God dwells in me.

Shalom.

Jacob

No one can do or keep God's law, Jacob. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one," Romans 3:10. If you want to be saved you are going to have to confess that you are a sinner, that is that your righteousness fails to meet the requirements of God's law.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners. Paul confessed that he was "The chief of sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No one can do or keep God's law, Jacob. This is why Paul said, "There is none righteous, no, not one," Romans 3:10. If you want to be saved you are going to have to confess that you are a sinner, that is that your righteousness fails to meet the requirements of God's law.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners. Paul confessed that he was "The chief of sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

Shalom.

I have already done this Robert Pate. This does not mean that I cannot obey God's commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

I have already done this Robert Pate. This does not mean that I cannot obey God's commandments.

Shalom.

Jacob

As long as you believe that you can keep the commandments you will not be saved.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, if you don't see yourself as a sinner you will not see that you need to be saved. This was the problem with the Pharisees, they were self righteous. Your Jewish heritage will count for nothing in the judgment.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
As long as you believe that you can keep the commandments you will not be saved.

Jesus said that he came into the world to save sinners, if you don't see yourself as a sinner you will not see that you need to be saved. This was the problem with the Pharisees, they were self righteous. Your Jewish heritage will count for nothing in the judgment.

Shalom.

If you did not know of God's commandments you would not know of your sin. God would not ask you to obey Him and expect you to do something else. He would not give us His commandments if they were impossible for you to obey. If you know God's commandments you should know what to do to fulfill them. If you obey God you know that you do. God would never ask you to do something that is impossible for you to do. If God cammand you to do something, you can do it. He has given us His commandments and I choose to obey.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

If you did not know of God's commandments you would not know of your sin. God would not ask you to obey Him and expect you to do something else. He would not give us His commandments if they were impossible for you to obey. If you know God's commandments you should know what to do to fulfill them. If you obey God you know that you do. God would never ask you to do something that is impossible for you to do. If God cammand you to do something, you can do it. He has given us His commandments and I choose to obey.

Shalom.

Jacob

Paul refutes you, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Adam only sinned once. You probably sin every day. You may read Paul's epistles, but you don't believe them.

Even if you were able to keep the written law, which you don't. There is the spiritual law that searches the desires and the intent of the heart. Are all of your thoughts without sin? Hebrews 4:12.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Paul refutes you, "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Adam only sinned once. You probably sin every day. You may read Paul's epistles, but you don't believe them.

Even if you were able to keep the written law, which you don't. There is the spiritual law that searches the desires and the intent of the heart. Are all of your thoughts without sin? Hebrews 4:12.
Shalom.

I did not say that I have not sinned. I said I choose to obey God.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NOTHING is required of man before he is quickened and renewed.

You disgusting pig. How long will pervert the straight ways of the Lord?

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Here the gospel.
Believe the gospel.
Receive his life-the Spirit.

That is the order, and you know it is the order. You pervert.

Truster

Ephesians 1

13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

This is what happened in me, but it was of the Holy Spirit and not of me.

If you think, just for a single and solitary second, that you have done these things under your own power then you are the most miserable of men Old Nick.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Ephesians 1

This is what happened in me, but it was of the Holy Spirit and not of me.

If you think, just for a single and solitary second, that you have done these things under your own power then you are the most miserable of men Old Nick.

Salvation is a gift from God, not an imposition, Ephesians 2:8.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost ! Thats saying His Life of Obedience and His death did absolutely nothing to save those He died for !

We teach that an unsaved person must accept what Christ did for him. Christ's actions have the power to save all, but not all want Him to save them, so He won't, not because He can't, but because they don't want Him to.

beloved57

We teach that an unsaved person must accept what Christ did for him. Christ's actions have the power to save all, but not all want Him to save them, so He won't, not because He can't, but because they don't want Him to.
You teach also that sinners Christ died for are still lost ! Thats saying His Life of Obedience and His death did absolutely nothing to save those He died for !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You teach also that sinners Christ died for are still lost ! Thats saying His Life of Obedience and His death did absolutely nothing to save those He died for !

If someone jumps out of a plane after you give them a parachute, can you force them to pull the cord? NO. They have to pull the cord themselves.

In the same way Christ cannot force people to accept His free gift of salvation after He made it available to them. They have to believe (pull the cord) to be saved.

You are correct that we say that those who reject Christ (who died for them) are still lost, because that's exactly what Scripture says. But your argument that we teach that His life and death did not do absolutely nothing to save those he died for is absolutely wrong.

Christ's death and resurrection made it possible for everyone to come to Him. But that doesn't mean that everyone WILL come to Him, because most reject Him, and WILL NOT come to Him. They refuse to pull the cord on the parachute that God gave to them.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
If someone jumps out of a plane after you give them a parachute, can you force them to pull the cord? NO. They have to pull the cord themselves.

In the same way Christ cannot force people to accept His free gift of salvation after He made it available to them. They have to believe (pull the cord) to be saved.

You are correct that we say that those who reject Christ (who died for them) are still lost, because that's exactly what Scripture says. But your argument that we teach that His life and death did not do absolutely nothing to save those he died for is absolutely wrong.

Christ's death and resurrection made it possible for everyone to come to Him. But that doesn't mean that everyone WILL come to Him, because most reject Him, and WILL NOT come to Him. They refuse to pull the cord on the parachute that God gave to them.

The Gospel causes people to pull the cord, atleast that was my experience. I saw myself as a hell bound sinner and pulled the cord. No one pulled it for me. I and I alone pulled the cord.

beloved57

The Gospel causes people to pull the cord, atleast that was my experience. I saw myself as a hell bound sinner and pulled the cord. No one pulled it for me. I and I alone pulled the cord.

You dont believe the Gospel pate, how could you when you dont believe Christ death saves sinners He died for ?

Robert Pate

Banned
You dont believe the Gospel pate, how could you when you dont believe Christ death saves sinners He died for ?

I most certainly do not believe your Calvinist gospel.

What you believe about God and his Son Jesus Christ is what is going to send you to hell. You are without faith in God. It is not possible to have faith in a God that damns people to hell before the are born. Nor is it possible to have faith in a Christ that has failed to atone for the sins of the world.

What you have faith in is Calvinism.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Romans 10:9-13New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I am sorry, but you have no idea of the power of the grace of God . . .

Truster

Messiah provides an automatic activation device. It opens at the appointed time, in the appointed place and for the appointed sinner.

I know this from experience. It is only by experience that it can be understood. If at some future date your chute opens then you'll understand.