What God Requires for the Salvation of Fallen Man

Robert Pate

Banned
God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to God's holy law.
2. A perfect atonement for his sins and the sins of the whole world.

Jesus Christ in our name and on our behalf, has victoriously met all of these requirements.

This is why Paul wrote,

"And you are COMPLETE IN HIM (Jesus) which is the head of all principalities and powers" Colossians 2:10.

The only thing that is required of us is to believe and embrace what Christ has done as our only means of salvation, plus nothing. If you add something to this like your religion or your own doctrine like Calvinism or whatever, then that means that you don't believe that Jesus has met all of the requirements for your salvation and you need to add your own requirements.

God only accepts the doing and the dying of Jesus for your salvation. Plus nothing. We are accepted only in him.

Adding your works, obedience or your religion to the work of Christ will not be accepted and will result in your condemnation. This is why Jesus said,

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of the Father which is in heaven. (the will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ) Many will say to me in that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name and in your name cast out devils and in your name done many wonderful works. And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.

Salvation is by Christ alone, faith alone, plus nothing, as it is taught by the scriptures. If you have faith in Christ you will not need a religion. Religion is nothing more than an attempt to save yourself without Christ. Jesus and Jesus alone is the savior and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.

beloved57

Jesus Christ in our name and on our behalf, has victoriously met all of these requirements.

This is why Paul wrote,

"And you are COMPLETE IN HIM (Jesus) which is the head of all principalities and powers" Colossians 2:10.

The only thing that is required of us is to believe and embrace what Christ has done as our only means of salvation, plus nothing. If you add something to this like your religion or your own doctrine like Calvinism or whatever, then that means that you don't believe that Jesus has met all of the requirements for your salvation and you need to add your own requirements.

God only accepts the doing and the dying of Jesus for your salvation. Plus nothing. We are accepted only in him.

Adding your works, obedience or your religion to the work of Christ will not be accepted and will result in your condemnation. This is why Jesus said,

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of the Father which is in heaven. (the will of the Father is that you believe upon his Son Jesus Christ) Many will say to me in that day (judgment day) Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name and in your name cast out devils and in your name done many wonderful works. And then I will profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23.

Salvation is by Christ alone, faith alone, plus nothing, as it is taught by the scriptures. If you have faith in Christ you will not need a religion. Religion is nothing more than an attempt to save yourself without Christ. Jesus and Jesus alone is the savior and he saves to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25.
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost ! Thats saying His Life of Obedience and His death did absolutely nothing to save those He died for !

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

This is why Paul wrote,

Shalom.

No.

Robert Pate. Shalom. Something is wrong with what you wrote.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
The Holy Spirit does the quickening.

In the Old Testament era they received the Holy Spirit because they believed in God's promise of a savior, Romans 4:3.

In the New Testament era they received the Holy Spirit because they heard and believed the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Where would you like to talk about what you are saying now?

Do you want to talk about your opening post?

Shalom.

Jacob

Sorry Jacob, but your Jewish religion has been abolished by Jesus Christ. The call now is to live by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

The law and your Jewish religion is a failure, it does not save, nor can it justify. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

It is no longer by the way of the law or the Jewish religion. It is by the way of Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sorry Jacob, but your Jewish religion has been abolished by Jesus Christ. The call now is to live by faith, mainly faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

The law and your Jewish religion is a failure, it does not save, nor can it justify. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no man can come to the Father but by me" John 14:6.

It is no longer by the way of the law or the Jewish religion. It is by the way of Jesus.

Shalom.

Jewish religion does not and has not ever justified anyone. What do you mean by It when you say It is no longer by the way of the law or the Jewish religion? What is no longer by the way of the law or the Jewish religion?

I have no problem with Judaism because in Judaism we had the expectation of the coming Messiah, Yeshua, who came. And as a Jew I observe the Law as Jesus taught, when He said that whoever keeps and teaches them, the commandments, shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Jewish religion does not and has not ever justified anyone. What do you mean by It when you say It is no longer by the way of the law or the Jewish religion? What is no longer by the way of the law or the Jewish religion?

I have no problem with Judaism because in Judaism we had the expectation of the coming Messiah, Yeshua, who came. And as a Jew I observe the Law as Jesus taught, when He said that whoever keeps and teaches them, the commandments, shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

Shalom.

Jacob

The only way that anyone can keep the law and be without sin is to be "In Christ". All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners are given the Holy Spirit and are "In Christ". God sees them as complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. Your Jewish brother Paul wrote many things about this. Do you read the epistles of Paul?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The only way that anyone can keep the law and be without sin is to be "In Christ". All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners are given the Holy Spirit and are "In Christ". God sees them as complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. Your Jewish brother Paul wrote many things about this. Do you read the epistles of Paul?

Shalom.

I do read the epistles of Paul, yes.

What do you mean by

The only way that anyone can keep the law and be without sin is to be "In Christ".

Do you keep the law? What do you mean by be without sin?

The Spirit of God dwells in me.

Shalom.

Jacob

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 10:9-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.