What god do you pray to? What is his name?

oatmeal

The same one Jesus Christ and all believers pray to. The God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ.

CherubRam

Already told you. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. That is pretty easy for a Christian. And it is God, Capital G.

So you and Lon forgot the name of your god? Are not other Pagan gods called father? Yes, I believe Zeus is called father also. P.S. There are many "Sons of God." It could be said that a person is a holy spirit. To bad you forgot the name of your god.

Truster

We are not to say his name vainly.

Taking the name of Yah Veh in vain is what you do each and every day. You profess to be His, but in word and deed you prove yourself to be in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity. You walk in the vanity of your mind.

oatmeal

What is the name of your god?

He goes by many names and titles.

I heard someone teach that God uses about or over 250 different names or titles for himself in scripture.

I do not have a list of all of God's names He has used in scripture.

However, here are a few of them

Elohim, El, Elyon, Jehovah, I will be what I will be, the Lord that heals, the Lord our peace, the Lord our righteousness, the Lord sees, the Lord our banner, Adonai, El Shaddai, Rock, Redeemer, strength, fortress....

Now before you go off and declare that those are titles not names, please note that many names, English and in other languages are not actually names but titles, occupations, attributes.

What does John mean? What does Joshua mean? What about the name Miller? or Smith? or Sally? or Robert? Faith? Charity? Elijah? Elisha? Alger? Alexander? what do those names mean?

They are titles, oocupations, a tactic used in war specifically a siege.....

How many names of God do you know?

CherubRam

He goes by many names and titles.

I heard someone teach that God uses about or over 250 different names or titles for himself in scripture.

I do not have a list of all of God's names He has used in scripture.

However, here are a few of them

Elohim, El, Elyon, Jehovah, I will be what I will be, the Lord that heals, the Lord our peace, the Lord our righteousness, the Lord sees, the Lord our banner, Adonai, El Shaddai, Rock, Redeemer, strength, fortress....

Now before you go off and declare that those are titles not names, please note that many names, English and in other languages are not actually names but titles, occupations, attributes.

What does John mean? What does Joshua mean? What about the name Miller? or Smith? or Sally? or Robert? Faith? Charity? Elijah? Elisha? Alger? Alexander? what do those names mean?

They are titles, oocupations, a tactic used in war specifically a siege.....

How many names of God do you know?

My God has many name titles, but He has only one personal name. The name of my God is Yahwah, also spelled Yahuah.

[FONT=&quot]Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you.' That’s my name forever, the name by which I’m to be remembered, from generation to generation.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you and Lon forgot the name of your god? Are not other Pagan gods called father? Yes, I believe Zeus is called father also. P.S. There are many "Sons of God." It could be said that a person is a holy spirit. To bad you forgot the name of your god.

Since your desire is to push for an answer, it is YHWH;

Deuteronomy 6:4 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

4 “Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!

Lon

Nope Here. /thread

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A question for all of you. What god do you pray to? What is his name?
Shalom.

Hebrew is read from right to left. God's name is Yahveh, which is how to say His name from the Hebrew letters Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey. YHVH.

יהוה

Shalom.

Jacob

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The true GOD, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, Who sent His Son to shed His blood to cover our sins, is not confused about Who is being addressed by those who trust in Him.