What god do you pray to? What is his name?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The true GOD, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, Who sent His Son to shed His blood to cover our sins, is not confused about Who is being addressed by those who trust in Him.
AMEN.

CherubRam

Shalom.

Hebrew is read from right to left. God's name is Yahveh, which is how to say His name from the Hebrew letters Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey. YHVH.

יהוה

Shalom.

Jacob

Hebrew did not have an e vowel officially until about 600 AD.

The letter V ultimately comes from the Semitic letter Waw, as do the modern letters F, U, W, and Y. See F for details.
In Greek, the letter "upsilon" (Υ) was adapted from waw to represent, at first, the vowel /u/ as in "moon" and then later /y/, a rounded vowel similar to the German ü).
In Latin, it was borrowed in early times as V (without the stem) to represent the same /u/ sound, as well as the consonantal /w/ (historically, Latin /w/ came from Proto-Indo-European /*gʷ/). Thus, num was pronounced "noom" and via was pronounced "wee-a." From the first century A.D. on, depending on Vulgar Latin dialect, consonantal /w/ developed into /b/, then later to /v/.

CherubRam

The true GOD, the Creator of the heavens and the earth, Who sent His Son to shed His blood to cover our sins, is not confused about Who is being addressed by those who trust in Him.

[FONT=&quot]Dishonor His Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
For thousands of years the refusing to use a person's name has been a direct form of dishonor. Shortening the name, replacing the name, distorting the name, all are signs of dishonor.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Honorable Mention[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
An “honorable mention” is a title of distinction given to a person worthy of mention. Upon honoring the person their name is mentioned, so their name has a place of honor known among the people.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Malachi 1:6
“A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]where is the honor due me?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says [the LORD / Yahwah] Almighty. “It is you priests who show contempt for my name. “But you ask, ‘How have we shown contempt for your name?’
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So what are your thoughts about this?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Malachi 2:2
If you do not listen, and
if you do not resolve to honor my name,” says [the LORD / Yahwah Almighty], “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honor me.

Something to think about.[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hebrew did not have an e vowel officially until about 600 AD.

The letter V ultimately comes from the Semitic letter Waw, as do the modern letters F, U, W, and Y. See F for details.
In Greek, the letter "upsilon" (Υ) was adapted from waw to represent, at first, the vowel /u/ as in "moon" and then later /y/, a rounded vowel similar to the German ü).
In Latin, it was borrowed in early times as V (without the stem) to represent the same /u/ sound, as well as the consonantal /w/ (historically, Latin /w/ came from Proto-Indo-European /*gʷ/). Thus, num was pronounced "noom" and via was pronounced "wee-a." From the first century A.D. on, depending on Vulgar Latin dialect, consonantal /w/ developed into /b/, then later to /v/.
Shalom.

Hebrew has 22 letters. They are consonants. Two of these letters are silent letters. There is no Waw, and there are no letters that are vowels.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Study Hebrew vowels.
Shalom.

There are 26 Hebrew letters. They are consonants. Two of these letters are silent letters. My Hebrew text has 23 names for these letters, but I know all 26 names.

As for vowels and the Hebrew vowel names, I know about the patach, the kamets, the chirek, the tsere, the segol, the cholem, the kibuts, the shurek, the chataf kamets, and the sheva, from my Hebrew book / text.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

There are 26 Hebrew letters. They are consonants. Two of these letters are silent letters. My Hebrew text has 23 names for these letters, but I know 25 names, two being the same letter. I just edited this post since I previously said I know all 26 letters, er names.

As for vowels and the Hebrew vowel names, I know about the patach, the kamets, the chirek, the tsere, the segol, the cholem, the kibuts, the shurek, the chataf kamets, and the sheva, from my Hebrew book / text.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Are there just 25 letters in Hebrew? Three may or may not have a dagesh, and that gives us five names, but what about the question of if we can be saying that a letter may have a dagesh in it?

Shalom.

Jacob

CherubRam

Shalom.

Are there just 25 letters in Hebrew? Three may or may not have a dagesh, and that gives us five names, but what about the question of if we can be saying that a letter may have a dagesh in it?

Shalom.

Jacob

Ancient Hebrew vowels.

The original Hebrew alphabet consisted only of consonants, but gradually the letters א, ה, ו, י, also became used to indicate vowels, known as matres lectionis when used in this function.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ancient Hebrew vowels.

The original Hebrew alphabet consisted only of consonants, but gradually the letters א, ה, ו, י, also became used to indicate vowels, known as matres lectionis when used in this function.
Shalom.

The letters of the Hebrew aleph bet are all consonants.

Shalom.

Jacob