What do you not understand wit5h theswe verses?

God's Truth

The brain is part of the body and decays. The spirit returns to God who gave it.

There is no consciousness without a brain.

The brain has no consciousness without the spirit, for without the spirit the body is dead.

That is what the scripture says.

James 2:26 ...the body without the spirit is dead

Bradley D

I like the Greek definition:

2304 theíos (an adjective, derived from 2316 /theós, "God") – divine, manifesting the characteristics of God's nature.

However, I believe Jesus was more than the above definition. Jesus had the nature of God within Him. This came about when the Holy Spirit came upon Mary resulting in the virgin birth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus actually demonstrated to Peter, James, and John that the saints of the Old Covenant are alive when he spoke with Moses and Elijah on the mountain of transfiguration. Read about the transfiguration here:

And don't forget to read about the transfiguration here.

Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead.” (Matthew 17:9)​

It was a vision.

God's Truth

And don't forget to read about the transfiguration here.

Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead.” (Matthew 17:9)​

It was a vision.

Vision does not mean mirage.

God's Truth

I said that because it is recorded that way in Matthew 17:9.

As they were coming down the mountain, Jesus instructed them, "Don't tell anyone what you have seen, until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead."

As they were descending the mountain, Jesus laid a command upon them. "Tell no one," He said, "of the sight you have seen till the Son of Man has risen from among the dead."

As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, "Don't tell anyone what you saw, until the Son of Man has risen from the dead."

Even if you did not want to go by these translations which do not say 'vision', you still have not proven that what they saw being only in their mind.

God's Truth

Matthew 17:2And He was transfigured before them; and His face shone like the sun, and His garments became as white as light. 3And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him.

Jamie, did you read that? Jesus was transformed BEFORE THEM. How do you ever get it was in their own mind?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The Father is not a man,

Jesus is a man.

LA

But He is God, He was God when He was in the pillar of cloud, He was God when He was in the pillar of fire, He was God when He dwelt in the holy of holies....

...He was God when He dwelt in the Lord Jesus Christ.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Even if you did not want to go by these translations which do not say 'vision', you still have not proven that what they saw being only in their mind.

Why did Moses and Elijah disappear?

But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don’t be afraid.”
When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus. (Matthew 17:7-8 NIV)​

God's Truth

A person would have to deny many scriptures to believe we do not have spirits that live on after the death of our bodies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
A person would have to deny many scriptures to believe we do not have spirits that live on after the death of our bodies.

The penalty for sin is spiritual death, not physical death. Anyone can die physically but that accomplishes nothing.

Jesus said, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which is translated, 'My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me'?"

If Jesus did not die spiritually then God did not forsake him if he still lived.