What Are You Listening to Now VI

One Eyed Jack

I've always thought W.A.S.P. was highly underrated.

[yt="W.A.S.P. - Sleeping in the Fire]fZ_Om_VI_hY[/yt]

[yt="W.A.S.P - Heaven's Hung in Black]KQ2LWI5iOYY[/yt]

JosephR

Why cant you see that you are my child

Why dont you know that you are my mind

TELL EVERYONE IN THE WORLD THAT I AM YOU

zoo22

She Used to Love Me a Lot by Johnny Cash

She Used to Love Me a Lot by Johnny Cash

This song is from a "new" 30-year old Johnny Cash album that's coming out next week, called Out Among the Stars. The album isn't just a collection of Johnny Cash songs that haven't been released (of which there are still a lot); he actually recorded this as a full 12-song album in the early 80's, and finished it, but it was shelved when Columbia dropped him, forgotten, and it's basically been sitting gathering dust since then. Johnny Cash wasn't very popular anymore then, until after Rick Rubin started working with him in the early 90's on the American recordings. And I guess no one cared much. Crazy to think of the shelves of unreleased music out there, in dark rooms. This song reminds me some of the Rick Rubin recordings, without the gravel.

And the great video for the song is by John Hillcoat. John Hillcoat's worked with Nick Cave a lot, in both video and films. Lots of other people too, but he directed the Nick Cave westerns as well as videos for him. John Hillcoat directed The Road. I really like this video.

Last edited:

JosephR

Oh I wish right now I have 5 mins alone with someone.....

I see you and your mind is made up,,, you liar

your master plan has transpired!

youve waged a war of nerves but you cant crush the kingdom.

you cant be what your idols are

I ASK YOU PLEASE JUST GIVE ME 5 MINS ALONE!!! with sponge!

Arthur Brain

Really not my type of thing at all usually, BUT, after having been invited to a music night at a local pub, and having been in one of the best positions to see this local band play firsthand, especially the keyboardist and the lead guitarist, I have to say they were bloody good, as well as being completely down to earth and almost irritatingly modest and pleasant having chatted with them during breaks and afterwards. This doesn't really do them justice in light of the sound we had earlier and from a different venue but a taste of the blues/rock we had this evening...

Tin Pan Alley: Gimme

And from the keyboardist of the group with a more spacey solo composition (though his finger work playing the blues passages in concert isn't in evidence here - but was phenomenal to behold tonight, absolute blurs at times)

Jack Daniel Watson: Remember Me