We, Israel, are to keep and teach the commandments. What about you?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jn. 14:8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

Are you commenting on what Jesus said or did or about yourself?

turbosixx

Are you commenting on what Jesus said or did or about yourself?

Not sure what you mean by the question. If I understood what you thought my confusion was in that I said God said he would establish a new covenant and then me saying Jesus did establish the new covenant, that scripture was in response to that.

That scripture says that everything Jesus says and does is from God. So when Jesus shed his blood for the new covenant, that was God establishing the new covenant. Did I clear that up or make it worse?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not sure what you mean by the question. If I understood what you thought my confusion was in that I said God said he would establish a new covenant and then me saying Jesus did establish the new covenant, that scripture was in response to that.

That scripture says that everything Jesus says and does is from God. So when Jesus shed his blood for the new covenant, that was God establishing the new covenant. Did I clear that up or make it worse?

The question is about what you did and what you were thinking.

Why did you quote a verse about God establishing a new covenant to justify your saying that Jesus established a new covenant? Or, were you doing something different from this?

Shalom.

Jacob

turbosixx

The question is about what you did and what you were thinking.

Why did you quote a verse about God establishing a new covenant to justify your saying that Jesus established a new covenant? Or, were you doing something different from this?

Shalom.

Jacob

Do you believe Jesus established the new covenant?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe Jesus established the new covenant?

I do not know what is meant by the statement. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. Did it come in Jesus or was it promised for the future in Jesus?

Shalom.

Jacob

turbosixx

I do not know what is meant by the statement. The new covenant is for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. Did it come in Jesus or was it promised for the future in Jesus?

Shalom.

Jacob

It came in Jesus.
Matt. 26:27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

2 Cor. 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It came in Jesus.
Matt. 26:27 And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, 28 for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

2 Cor. 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
I believe that it came in Jesus. What I need to know is if it was ratified for a future date. Was the New Covenant established by Jesus?

Is 2 Corinthians 3:3 different from Jeremiah 31:33?

turbosixx

I believe that it came in Jesus. What I need to know is if it was ratified for a future date. Was the New Covenant established by Jesus?

It is now. You have two choices. You can let a Levite be your High Priest or Jesus. You can't have both. Jesus is not from the tribe of Levi.

Is 2 Corinthians 3:3 different from Jeremiah 31:33?
I don't think so.
Rom. 10:5 For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is now. You have two choices. You can let a Levite be your High Priest or Jesus. You can't have both. Jesus is not from the tribe of Levi.

I don't think so.
Rom. 10:5 For Moses writes about the righteousness that is based on the law, that the person who does the commandments shall live by them. 6 But the righteousness based on faith says, “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down) 7 “or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim);

What is now?

You do not need to choose between Levi and Christ.

I believe there is a difference between 2 Corinthians 3:3 and Jeremiah 31:33.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You have 2 high priests?

What does Scripture allow?

A Levitical Priest, or a High Priest, and Yeshua the High Priest not according to Levi?

I believe that you were not asking about more than one High Priest without Yeshua.

turbosixx

What does Scripture allow?

A Levitical Priest, or a High Priest, and Yeshua the High Priest not according to Levi?

I believe that you were not asking about more than one High Priest without Yeshua.

Jesus cannot be high priest under the law of Moses therefore in order for him to be a priest, there was a change in law.

Heb. 7:11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. 13 For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

15 This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, 16 who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus cannot be high priest under the law of Moses therefore in order for him to be a priest, there was a change in law.

Heb. 7:11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. 13 For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

15 This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek, 16 who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life.

Incorrect. The change of law is associated with the change of the priesthood.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's what I said. How was I incorrect?

Did you say that the change of priesthood was associated with a change of law?

The question is if one brought about the other or accompanied the other, etc.... How to think about it.