Water baptism is not for the body of Christ

Gary K

Banned
Water baptism was/is a Jewish religious ritual. These videos can help you understand, if you so choose.

What do you do with the following scripture?

Acts 8: 27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.
29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

Right Divider

Body part

Acts 8: 27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?
31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.
32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:
33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.
34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?
35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

I understand the scripture in its CONTEXT. Philip was a Jew preaching to Jews. Jews doing Jewish things have nothing to do with the body of Christ.

Note the completely MISSING message that Christ died for his sins.

P.S. Note that this Philip was not one of the twelve apostles, as the twelve apostles stayed in Jerusalem per Acts 8:1. This Philip was the one chosen along with Stephen (and others) to serve the Jewish community so that the twelve could focus on preaching in Jerusalem per Acts 6.

Gary K

Banned
I understand the scripture in its CONTEXT. Philip was a Jew preaching to Jews. Jews doing Jewish things have nothing to do with the body of Christ.

Note the completely MISSING message that Christ died for his sins.

P.S. Note that this Philip was not one of the twelve apostles, as the twelve apostles stayed in Jerusalem per Acts 8:1. This Philip was the one chosen along with Stephen (and others) to serve the Jewish community so that the twelve could focus on preaching in Jerusalem per Acts 6.
So you think Phillip, a disciple of Jesus, didn't know Jesus died foe our sins? He was explaining the prophecies of Isaiah to the Ethiopian.

Acts 8: 30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

Right Divider

Body part
So you think Phillip, a disciple of Jesus, didn't know Jesus died foe our sins? He was explaining the prophecies of Isaiah to the Ethiopian.

Acts 8: 30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

Philip was not preaching the cross (per Paul) according to scripture in Acts 8. This was prior to the calling of Paul in Acts 9. Paul, to whom Christ gave the revelation of the mystery.

I fully understand that Churchianity reads things into the scripture that are simply not there.

We NOW know what the cross means .... per Paul. Jesus send Paul.

You will continue to be very confused until you understand right division.

Gary K

Banned
Philip was not preaching the cross (per Paul) according to scripture in Acts 8. This was prior to the calling of Paul in Acts 9. Paul, to whom Christ gave the revelation of the mystery.

I fully understand that Churchianity reads things into the scripture that are simply not there.

We NOW know what the cross means .... per Paul. Jesus send Paul.

You will continue to be very confused until you understand right division.
Well, I'll stick with what you consider to be confused as it makes a whole lot more sense to me. How anyone can preach Jesus and not understand that He is our Savior is pretty confused thinking in my book. Preaching Jesus makes no sense in other context.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, I'll stick with what you consider to be confused as it makes a whole lot more sense to me.
What "makes sense to you" is incorrect. You have great difficulty with simple logic.
How anyone can preach Jesus and not understand that He is our Savior is pretty confused thinking in my book.
Note what the eunuch declared after Philip taught him:

Acts 8:37 (AKJV/PCE)​
(8:37) And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Believing that Jesus is the Son of God is NOT the same thing as believing that Jesus died for his sins.
Preaching Jesus makes no sense in other context.
That you cannot understand context and logic is you own fault.

Last edited:

oatmeal

People have fallen for false doctrines starting with Adam and Eve. Jesus Christ is the only human who did not fall for false doctrines. Every human except Jesus Christ, sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. Scripture records many errors of believers. Paul wrote the epistles to teach, reprove and correct error. II Timothy 3:1. People, like Philip, who did many wonderful things in his life, performed an outdated ceremony of water baptism. Water baptism was replaced with baptism with or in the Holy Spirit or as it was called after the day of Pentecost, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
People, like Philip, who did many wonderful things in his life, performed an outdated ceremony of water baptism.
Water baptism was not "outdated" when Philip performed it in Acts 8.
Water baptism was replaced with baptism with or in the Holy Spirit or as it was called after the day of Pentecost, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.
Nonsense. That baptism still included water.

But, there is a NEW and completely different baptism for TODAY. Paul calls it the ONE baptism. Here it is:

1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)​
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.​

Not even the tiniest drop of water is involved in that baptism.

I'm betting that you did not watch a single second of either of the videos in the OP.

oatmeal

You can water baptize others and yourself till you drown, but water baptism was replaced by a greater baptism according to both John the Baptist and Jesus Christ.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Holy Ghost and fire, not water, is the substance of the baptism in verse 11

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Water is not part of the baptism spoken of in verse 19

Mark 1:8
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

What is the medium of baptism in verse 8 above?

a. water

b the Holy Ghost

What is the medium of baptim in the following verse?

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

a. water

b. the Holy Ghost and with fire

How about the following verse?

John 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

What was the medium of baptism that Jesus would baptize with?

a. water

b. the Holy Ghost

In Acts 1, we see that water was to be replaced with baptism in the Holy Ghost

Acts 1:5
For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

In Acts 2 what is the form of baptism that Peter spoke of?

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

a. water

b. the name of Jesus Christ

Hence, what were the about 3000 souls baptized in that day?

Acts 2:41
Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

a. water

b. the name of Jesus Christ.

Peter did not forget the form of baptism he spoke of in verse 38, he, unlike many Christians learned to obey instructions given by both John the Baptist and Jesus Christ.

What were the Samaritans baptized in?

Acts 8:16
(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

Philip perfomed an outdated ceremony on the eunuch. What do you value more? Water or Jesus Christ's sacrifice to purchase our redemption and salvation?

We see that Peter, originally moved to baptize with water, then remembered the present truth.

Acts 10:37
That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached;

Acts 10:47
Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

Acts 10:48
And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 11:16
Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

does the word "water" appear in the following verses?

Acts 16:15
And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us, saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained us.

Acts 16:33
And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.

Acts 18:8
And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized.

Apollos knew only of the baptism of John. He did not know that both John the Baptist and Jesus Christ foretold that water would be replaced by a greater baptism.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

Paul, when he showed up, corrected the situation.

Acts 19:3
And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Acts 19:4
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

We learn more now.

1 Corinthians 1:13
Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 1:15
Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.

Paul was baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ, not in his own name.

What are we baptized by in the following verse?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

What were the Galatians baptized into?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Take you time to review these verses.

As God to show you what you need to know to fully and clearly comprehend baptism. I expect you to eventually learn more, much more

Gary K

Banned
People have fallen for false doctrines starting with Adam and Eve. Jesus Christ is the only human who did not fall for false doctrines. Every human except Jesus Christ, sinned and have fallen short of the glory of God. Scripture records many errors of believers. Paul wrote the epistles to teach, reprove and correct error. II Timothy 3:1. People, like Philip, who did many wonderful things in his life, performed an outdated ceremony of water baptism. Water baptism was replaced with baptism with or in the Holy Spirit or as it was called after the day of Pentecost, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.
I have heard of this belief before but I do not accept it.