Unless You Eat My Flesh And Drink My Blood

WeberHome

Re: Unless You Eat My Flesh And Drink My Blood

John 6:53 . . Jesus said: "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you."

John 6:54 . . .Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life,

John 6:50-51a . . This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever.

FAQ: Does any of the above apply to Old Testament personages, e.g. Able, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joshua. Ruth, Gideon, Samson, and David, et al?

A: Yes; all of them.

FAQ: How do you know that?

A: Jesus' crucifixion benefits the whole world rather than only a portion of the world.

John 6:51b . . the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.

1John 2:2 . . He himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.

John 1:29 . . Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

FAQ: Did they even know about Jesus back then?

A: Yes.

Abraham knew.

John 8:56 . . Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.

Jacob knew.

Gen 49:18 . .I have waited for thy salvation, O Lord

Isaiah knew.

Isa 52:14 . .There were many who were appalled at him-- his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness

Isa 53:6 . .We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

David knew.

Ps 16:10 . .You will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. (cf. Acts 2:25-36)

FAQ: Well, if there was no such thing as a communion service until Jesus' last supper, then how did those people back there eat his flesh and drink his blood?

A: Hook, line, and sinker; if you get my drift. For example:

Many years ago, when I was a young welder just starting out in the trade, a Baptist man employed by the same company for whom I worked; asked me if I was going to heaven. Of course I replied that I didn't know: I was a Catholic, and Catholics don't know things like that. Then he asked me the question that put my life on a whole new track: Haven't you heard that Christ died for you?

Of course I had heard of Christ's crucifixion in catechism, but not till that moment did I realize it was so personal, and especially; so complete.

Coincidentally, I had only recently been doing some serious thinking about hell. The way I figured it; this kid would never be good enough to merit going to heaven, so hell was pretty much a foregone conclusion for the likes of me. But the very moment that man's question sank into my thick skull; I instantly knew that heaven was in the bag. I had swallowed the story about the offering of Jesus' flesh and blood for my sins hook, line, and sinker.

Some may call me naïve for so easily buying into Jesus' dying for my sins, but I don't feel naïve; no, I feel very fortunate.

Mark 10:15 . . I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.
_

Last edited:

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
Even Catholics maintain it’s more than just “Lord! Lord!...but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven what the church says to do and her traditions...”
Those who believe authentic Catholicism believe what's in my signature:

"Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

clefty

Those who believe authentic Catholicism believe what's in my signature:

"Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

It is more than just believe...even Satan believes Yahushua is the Saviour and Son of Yah...

“Here are they that KEEP the commandments of Yah and faith OF Yahushua”

Follow Him His faith...He was not Buddhist btw or muslim

Even the thief on the cross gave evidence FRUITS of his belief...

Idolater

It is more than just believe...even Satan believes Yahushua is the Saviour and Son of Yah...

“Here are they that KEEP the commandments of Yah and faith OF Yahushua”

Follow Him His faith...He was not Buddhist btw or muslim

Even the thief on the cross gave evidence FRUITS of his belief...
Catholicism leaves it to us non-Catholics to define for ourselves what we mean when we profess that we believe in Christ. According to yourself, you believe in Christ. And so according to Catholicism, you believe in Christ.

clefty

Catholicism leaves it to us non-Catholics to define for ourselves what we mean when we profess that we believe in Christ. According to yourself, you believe in Christ. And so according to Catholicism, you believe in Christ.

Tell that to all the martyrs lost in horrific murders exactly because the church rejected their definition of a profession of belief in Christ...

In fact the church killed them to prevent further profession of that heresy...to prevent them from further self incrimination and to preserve the true faith

Idolater

Tell that to all the martyrs lost in horrific murders exactly because the church rejected their definition of a profession of belief in Christ...

In fact the church killed them to prevent further profession of that heresy...to prevent them from further self incrimination and to preserve the true faith
What I posted stands Clefty.