Under Law or Under Grace?

CherubRam

The Gospel does not tell us to do something. The Gospel tells us what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.
Who should we listen to, you, or Christ?

Matthew 19:17
“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

CherubRam

Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12
This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Revelation 12:17
Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.

Revelation 14:12
This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.

When you receive Christ as your savior God sees you as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

In Jesus Christ the law has been fulfilled and sin has been atoned for.

CherubRam

When you receive Christ as your savior God sees you as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

In Jesus Christ the law has been fulfilled and sin has been atoned for.
The law has been fulfilled for past sins.

Hebrews 10
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
The law has been fulfilled for past sins.

Hebrews 10
26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to keep us from sin. If one continues to sin after they have received the knowledge of the truth (which is the Gospel) chances are they never did really believe in the first place. They were counterfeits.

CherubRam

It is the work of the Holy Spirit to keep us from sin. If one continues to sin after they have received the knowledge of the truth (which is the Gospel) chances are they never did really believe in the first place. They were counterfeits.
There is more than one possibility.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 6:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under law but under grace.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is not impossible for a Christian to fall victim to sin. No self righteous comments please.
1 John 1:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

CherubRam

Christians are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. The Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership. Once saved always saved.
These people thought they were saved.

Matthew 25:12
“But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Luke 13:25
Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Luke 13:27

“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

Robert Pate

Banned
These people thought they were saved.

Matthew 25:12
“But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Luke 13:25
Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Luke 13:27

“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

There are many counterfeits that think that they are Christians, but they are not.

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we..." Matthew 7:21-23.

They thought that it was all about them and their works.

God's Truth

There are many counterfeits that think that they are Christians, but they are not.

"Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord, didn't we..." Matthew 7:21-23.

They thought that it was all about them and their works.

Jesus doesn't know those who do not obey and repent.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus doesn't know those who do not obey and repent.

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners receive the Holy Spirit. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to make them witnesses for Christ and his Gospel.

You will never be able to bring people to Christ with your emphasis on obedience. Paul's emphasis was on the saving work of Christ which is the Gospel. Paul never professed that he was righteous or obedient.