Under Law or Under Grace?

Robert Pate

Banned
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+19:17&version=NIV"]Matthew 19:17[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]“Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. [B]If you want to enter life, [B]keep[/B][/B] [B]the[/B] [B]commandments[/B].”[/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]
[FONT="][URL="https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+12:13&version=NIV"]Ecclesiastes 12:13[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT="]Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: [B]Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the [B]duty[/B] [B]of[/B] all mankind.[/B][/FONT]
[FONT="] [/FONT]

Grace does not mean you are to stop keeping God's commands. It was the Mosaic laws and priesthood that was done away with.

Christians are not required to live by rules, laws or religion.

After they have believed the Gospel as their only means of salvation. They are called to live by the Holy Spirit, who is their teacher and guide, John 16:13.

CherubRam

After they have believed the Gospel as their only means of salvation. They are called to live by the Holy Spirit, who is their teacher and guide, John 16:13.

Your words contradict what Christ and the disciples had to say.

Robert Pate

Banned
If the gospel is law why do you preach against it?

The Gospel is not law.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19,

CherubRam

The Gospel is not law.

The Gospel is that work that Jesus did in our name and on our behalf that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19,

The Gentile's who did not have the written law (commands of God) were keeping it anyway.

Romans 2:14
(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.

CherubRam

Do what you want.

1 John 2:4
Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Robert Pate

Banned
Do what you want.

1 John 2:4
Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.

Living by Spirit is not the same as living by laws, rules and religion.

Living by the Spirit is to live in the Gospel. In the Gospel I am already complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. In the Gospel I am already sitting in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

I am afraid that your Jesus is a taskmaster, ready to crack you on your back if you fail.

CherubRam

Living by Spirit is not the same as living by laws, rules and religion.

Living by the Spirit is to live in the Gospel. In the Gospel I am already complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10. In the Gospel I am already sitting in heavenly places in Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:6.

I am afraid that your Jesus is a taskmaster, ready to crack you on your back if you fail.

Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations

Matthew 7:21
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

1. [FONT=&quot]Revelation 12:17[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to make war against the rest of her offspring—those who obey God's commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Revelation 14:12[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus.[/FONT]

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Gospel does not tell us to do something. The Gospel tells us what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

So it's obvious the gospel is not the law of the Spirit.

Paul said the law of the Spirit freed him from the law of sin and death. Why do you believe that is not a good thing?

Robert Pate

Banned
So it's obvious the gospel is not the law of the Spirit.

Paul said the law of the Spirit freed him from the law of sin and death. Why do you believe that is not a good thing?

The reason that the law of the Spirit (which is the Gospel) freed Paul from sin and death is because Jesus defeated sin, death and the devil in our name and on our behalf. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The reason that the law of the Spirit (which is the Gospel) freed Paul from sin and death is because Jesus defeated sin, death and the devil in our name and on our behalf. We are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

That's nothing but double talk. You say the Spirit's law is the gospel then you say the gospel is not the Spirit's law.