Ukraine Crisis

Hoping

Banned
Fox News has been proven to be more accurate than biased networks that propagate lies like the Trump/Russian collusion conspiracy theory and disinformation about the Hunter laptop.
How about the BBC?
How about Deutch Weld? (German World)
There is a French news show too, but I forget its name.
Are the European news sources trustworthy?

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
How about the BBC?
In America we're more familiar with Democrats and Republicans. Those are the two most popular slants. In Europe they're generally more "left" than in America, which means here, I'm stipulating, more government services (free). They are also more utilitarian when it comes to public morality, but that's like apples and oranges because they don't have our Constitution which attempts to materialize into law a public morality based on absolute moral rights, to compare themselves with.

So if you can keep that straight, and sort it out from the news, then European news sources are fine too, it's just that if you live in America then American issues are more proximate, closer to home. European news reports on American news like how American news reports on European news, an outsider's perspective. Not without value, but not the whole story either.

marke

How about the BBC?
How about them? Do they prove Fox News propagates lies like liberal leftist American news organizations?

Gary K

Banned
Ukraine surrenders Mariupol? After how many months?
How many lives did Putin save by waiting them out as they were holed up in nuclear proof under ground complexes. It's the same reason all military commanders who were clearly winning throughout history have used sieges rather than frontal assault when large numbers of their troops will die in a frontal assault.

Gary K

Banned
In a stunning change in narrative WAPO has finally admitted that the Ukrainian army is a badly beaten army.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
How about the BBC?
I still like the BBC but having watched their performance closely during the pandemic trust them less now than I used to.
Deutsche Welle

Still enjoy it. Rarely catch it.
Radio France? Haven't caught that in a long time.
Nobody is automatically trustworthy. Trust is earned over time.

Arthur Brain

How many lives did Putin save by waiting them out as they were holed up in nuclear proof under ground complexes. It's the same reason all military commanders who were clearly winning throughout history have used sieges rather than frontal assault when large numbers of their troops will die in a frontal assault.
None. Might as well give credit to an arsonist who leaves a ladder in the window of a burning building for those that manage to escape. There was no valid reason for his invasion of Ukraine and your excuses for the despot are abhorrent.

Hoping

Banned
In America we're more familiar with Democrats and Republicans. Those are the two most popular slants. In Europe they're generally more "left" than in America, which means here, I'm stipulating, more government services (free). They are also more utilitarian when it comes to public morality, but that's like apples and oranges because they don't have our Constitution which attempts to materialize into law a public morality based on absolute moral rights, to compare themselves with.

So if you can keep that straight, and sort it out from the news, then European news sources are fine too, it's just that if you live in America then American issues are more proximate, closer to home. European news reports on American news like how American news reports on European news, an outsider's perspective. Not without value, but not the whole story either.
I guess watching any "news" program is just watching what other folks think is important.
We always need to "consider the source".

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
And how much of Putin's arsenal was wasted on his arrogant attempt to recreate a soviet union?
He is covetousness personified.

Hoping

Banned
In a stunning change in narrative WAPO has finally admitted that the Ukrainian army is a badly beaten army.

I guess we can consider them in the Russian's pocket.
I wonder if they wear red leashes when they go outside?

Hoping

Banned
I still like the BBC but having watched their performance closely during the pandemic trust them less now than I used to.

Deutsche Welle

Still enjoy it. Rarely catch it.

Radio France? Haven't caught that in a long time.

Nobody is automatically trustworthy. Trust is earned over time.
Good catch on the Deutsch Welle thing...
You are also correct on anyone's automatic trustworthiness.
With that in mind, I wonder why anyone makes such a big deal about which "source" others adhere to.
It is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Good catch on the Deutsch Welle thing...
You are also correct on anyone's automatic trustworthiness.
With that in mind, I wonder why anyone makes such a big deal about which "source" others adhere to.
It is like the pot calling the kettle black.
This means there's no difference between breitbart, zerohedge, lewrockwell, and WaPo, NYT and WSJ. If that's your position . . . well, let us know if that's your position. That's what it sounds like.