Ukraine Crisis

Gary K

Banned
The following was posted by the Military Summary channel in the comments section of that blog. So if you actually believe the propaganda that the Ukrainians are winning I would imagine this will come as quite a surprise to you as will the fact that the AFU has suffered around 250,000 casualties with 75% of those casualties being deaths. As the AFU started the war with 640,000 ,soldiers you can see that 80,000 Russians plus their LPR and DPR allies have put a big time hurt on them. The AFU is putting 45 to 50 year old men on the lines as cannon fodder

Summary of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation on the progress of a special military operation on the territory of Ukraine (08232022)

As a result of offensive actions in the Kherson-Mykolaiv direction in the Alexandrovka area, Allied troops destroyed units of the 28th Mechanized Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and reached the administrative border of the Mykolaiv region. 36 square kilometers of the territory of the Kherson region were taken under control.

The Komsomolskoye settlement was liberated, the advance into the depth of the enemy's defense in this direction was three kilometers. Control over the territory of the Mykolaiv region with an area of 12 square kilometers has been established.

In addition, significant losses were inflicted on the 35th Marine Brigade and the 46th Airmobile Brigade of the AFU in the Andreevka area. The enemy was knocked out of the village of Blagodatovka and nearby settlements.
The offensive in the Donetsk direction is developing successfully.

The liberation of the settlement of Maryinka, more than 75 percent of which is already under the control of Allied troops, is coming to an end.

Actions are continuing to encircle the AFU grouping in the Avdiivka area.

In the area of the settlement, Kodema is blocked from three sides and the planned destruction of the elite unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine – the 214th battalion "OPFOR" is being carried out.

In the area of Artemovsk, the allied forces, as a result of successful offensive actions, advanced closely to the settlement of Zaitsevo, which is an important node of the city's defense.

High-precision weapons of the Russian Aerospace Forces in the areas of the settlements of Slavyansk and Konstantinovka of the Donetsk People's Republic hit the temporary locations of the 81st airmobile and 95th airborne assault brigades. Up to 200 nationalists and 18 pieces of military equipment were destroyed.

As a result of heavy losses in the area of the settlement of Novomikhailovka, the 2nd mechanized battalion of the 66th Mechanized Brigade of the AFU lost its combat capability. The military personnel of the unit left their positions and departed in an unknown direction.

Strikes by operational-tactical and army aviation, missile troops and artillery against military facilities on the territory of Ukraine continue.

During the day, twelve AFU control points were hit in the areas of the settlements of Yakovlevka, Soledar, Podgornoye, Artemovsk, Kodema, Georgievka, Romanovka, Dobrovolye, Vodiane and Pavlovka of the Donetsk People's Republic, Dorozhnyanka and Kamenskoye of the Zaporozhye region, as well as manpower and military equipment of the AFU in 164 districts.

Destroyed: seven warehouses of rocket and artillery weapons and ammunition in the areas of the settlements of Bereznegovatoye of the Mykolaiv region and Soledar of the Donetsk People's Republic, as well as four fuel depots for military equipment in the areas of the settlements of Kharkiv and Chuguev of the Kharkiv region, Markovo and Podgornoye of the Donetsk People's Republic.

In addition, the following were destroyed: a self-propelled firing installation of the Buk-M1 anti-aircraft missile system in the area of the Gornyak settlement of the Donetsk People's Republic, a radar station for detecting low-altitude targets in the area of the Dymovskoye settlement of the Mykolaiv region, as well as a US-made radar system for counter-battery warfare in the area of the Rogan settlement of the Kharkiv region.

During the counter-battery struggle, three Ukrainian platoons of Grad multiple launch rocket systems were suppressed in the areas of the settlements of Razdolovka and Opytne, four platoons of D-30 howitzers in firing positions in the areas of the settlements of Petrovskoye, Krasnogorovka, Pervomaiske and Dzerzhinsk of the Donetsk People's Republic, as well as two American M777 howitzers in the Manganese region of the Dnipropetrovsk region.

Russian air defense means shot down during the day: a SU-27 aircraft in the Barvenkovo area of the Kharkiv region, as well as six unmanned aerial vehicles in the areas of the settlements of Small Passages, Kapitolovka, Kochubeyevka, Balakleya of the Kharkiv region and Shirokiy in the Donetsk People's Republic.

In addition, fifteen Ukrainian multiple rocket launchers were intercepted in the areas of the settlements of Vernopolye, Kharkiv region, Antonovka, Daryevka and Chernobayevka, Kherson region.

In total, since the beginning of the special military operation, 268 aircraft, 148 helicopters, 1796 unmanned aerial vehicles, 369 anti-aircraft missile systems, 4377 tanks and other armored combat vehicles, 818 multiple rocket launchers, 3335 field artillery and mortars, as well as 5024 units of special military vehicles have been destroyed.

Posted by: Summary | Aug 23 2022 12:17 utc | 22

Arthur Brain

The following was posted by the Military Summary channel in the comments section of that blog. So if you actually believe the propaganda that the Ukrainians are winning I would imagine this will come as quite a surprise to you as will the fact that the AFU has suffered around 250,000 casualties with 75% of those casualties being deaths. As the AFU started the war with 640,000 ,soldiers you can see that 80,000 Russians plus their LPR and DPR allies have put a big time hurt on them. The AFU is putting 45 to 50 year old men on the lines as cannon fodder
I've just finished a college course where there were two Ukrainian women on it after having had to flee from their country. One of them is married and her husband had to stay behind, not to fight as he's deemed medically unfit but as a first aider and also to help with catering supplies for soldiers. She thought they were both going to be able to seek refuge from the barbarism of the invasion but two days before everything had been cleared her husband was informed that he was going to have to stay behind and play his part.

They are both such friendly women, still trying to adapt and it's remarkable how upbeat they've been in class. They can both speak a fair amount of English but it's still a barrier and it's been humbling.

And then there's you, and others like you who buy into pathetic and ridiculous conspiracy bunk and are practically apologists for the monster and the regime that led to these women having to flee their homeland to start with.

What happened to this place? TOL was never a haven for crackpot conspiracy loons and out and out wingnuts, in fact they were generally given short shrift when Knight was still at the helm yet nowadays they're practically the ones 'ruling the roost'. Sad how such a once vibrant and bustling forum ended up like this.

Gary K

Banned
I've just finished a college course where there were two Ukrainian women on it after having had to flee from their country. One of them is married and her husband had to stay behind, not to fight as he's deemed medically unfit but as a first aider and also to help with catering supplies for soldiers. She thought they were both going to be able to seek refuge from the barbarism of the invasion but two days before everything had been cleared her husband was informed that he was going to have to stay behind and play his part.

They are both such friendly women, still trying to adapt and it's remarkable how upbeat they've been in class. They can both speak a fair amount of English but it's still a barrier and it's been humbling.

And then there's you, and others like you who buy into pathetic and ridiculous conspiracy bunk and are practically apologists for the monster and the regime that led to these women having to flee their homeland to start with.

What happened to this place? TOL was never a haven for crackpot conspiracy loons and out and out wingnuts, in fact they were generally given short shrift when Knight was still at the helm yet nowadays they're practically the ones 'ruling the roost'. Sad how such a once vibrant and bustling forum ended up like this.
I have a challenge for you. You think Ukraine is winning this war. What I want you to do is post maps showing the current battle lines and how far the Ukrainians have pushed the Russian, LPR, amd RPR amies in the last 3 months. Demonstrate all the AFU advances and wins.

Should be a piece of cake for you with the moniker of Brain.

Arthur Brain

I have a challenge for you. You think Ukraine is winning this war. What I want you to do is post maps showing the current battle lines and how far the Ukrainians have pushed the Russian, LPR, amd RPR amies in the last 3 months. Demonstrate all the AFU advances and wins.

Should be a piece of cake for you with the moniker of Brain.
Where have I said that I think that the Ukraine is winning the war? Quote me saying that you conspiracy nut. It's pathetic that the people of the Ukraine have had to suffer such a devastating invasion of their homeland and I'm not interested in your pathetic apologies for the despotic regime responsible for it.

Russia sure ain't winning anything either but you are just la la cuckoo.

Gary K

Banned
Where have I said that I think that the Ukraine is winning the war? Quote me saying that you conspiracy nut. It's pathetic that the people of the Ukraine have had to suffer such a devastating invasion of their homeland and I'm not interested in your pathetic apologies for the despotic regime responsible for it.

So telling the truth is evil. Just like pointing out an existing mall in Moscow. It's all conspiracy. Tell your buddy UN the Ukrainians are losing.

I really don't understand you at all. The Ukrainians getting hurt are the residents of Donbas that the AFU has been shelling, murdering. raping and torturing for the last 8+ years but that is beneath your notice. They are Ukrainians and would have happily remained so but for the Nazis. The AFU that are dying have asked for it by their treatment of the citizens of Donbas. I have no sympathy for raping, torturing, murdering scum as they were doing that for 8 years before the Russians got involved.

Arthur Brain

So telling the truth is evil. Just like pointing out an existing mall in Moscow. It's all conspiracy. Tell your buddy UN the Ukrainians are losing.

I really don't understand you at all. The Ukrainians getting hurt are the residents of Donbas that the AFU has been shelling, murdering. raping and torturing for the last 8+ years but that is beneath your notice. They are Ukrainians and would have happily remained so but for the Nazis. The AFU that are dying have asked for it by their treatment of the citizens of Donbas. I have no sympathy for raping, torturing, murdering scum as they were doing that for 8 years before the Russians got involved.
The Ukrainians were losing the moment Putin and his murderous regime invaded their homeland you moron. Just to clarify further I mean everyday folk who were suddenly bombarded with shelling and forced to uproot and seek refuge elsewhere who hitherto were living their normal, everyday lives. You are not worth any further input so you sit back in your cozy little armchair and convince yourself that Putin's "special military operation" was all legit and above board. Buy into any propaganda that "justifies" it all you want.

Pathetic.

Last edited:

Gary K

Banned

If you knew half as much as you think you do it would be amazing. Here's an article by WAPO, one of your trusted sources, that will tell you just what I did. That the Ukrainians broke the Minsk accords and were shelling the citizens of Donbas 8 years ago and never stopped killing the ethnic Russians who live there.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Here's an article by WAPO, one of your trusted sources, that will tell you just what I did. That the Ukrainians broke the Minsk accords and were shelling the citizens of Donbas 8 years ago and never stopped killing the ethnic Russians who live there.
Regardless, that doesn't mean that a full-scale invasion of Ukraine was warranted.

Gary K

Banned
Here is a story that blows all the Russian cruelty narrative all to pieces.

The top Ukrainian official who was fired for spreading misinformation has admitted that she lied about Russians committing mass rape in order to convince western countries to send more weapons to Ukraine.

Lyudmila Denisova, the former Ukrainian Parliamentary Commissioner for Human Rights, was removed from her position following a vote of no confidence in the Ukrainian parliament which passed by a margin of 234-to-9.

Parliament member Pavlo Frolov specifically accused Denisova of pushing misinformation that “only harmed Ukraine” in relation to “the numerous details of ‘unnatural sexual offenses’ and child sexual abuses in the occupied territories, which were unsupported by evidence.”

In an interview published by a Ukrainian news outlet, Denisova admitted that her falsehoods had achieved their intended goal.

Arthur Brain

If you knew half as much as you think you do it would be amazing. Here's an article by WAPO, one of your trusted sources, that will tell you just what I did. That the Ukrainians broke the Minsk accords and were shelling the citizens of Donbas 8 years ago and never stopped killing the ethnic Russians who live there.

In other news, Mariupol isn't a husk of a city and Putin is a saint.

Gary K

Banned
Regardless, that doesn't mean that a full-scale invasion of Ukraine was warranted.

There has never been a full scale invasion of Ukraine by the Russian army. You're completely misinformed again. Russia has only 80,000 troops in Ukraine, That's only a small fraction of their army. Ukraine had a 640,000 man army when this startes.

Arthur Brain

Arthur Brain

There has never been a full scale invasion of Ukraine by the Russian army. You're completely misinformed again. Russia has only 80,000 troops in Ukraine, That's only a small fraction of their army. Ukraine had a 640,000 man army when this startes.
Sure, sure, all of the shelling, tank convoys, were just part of...oh...a "special military operation" and not an actual invasion at all.

Gary K

Banned
Oh, I've no issue with facts, none at all.

You are a conspiracy loon.

There's a fact.
So I just demonstrated that you were wrong on a major assumption of yours and that means nothing at all to you. It's impossible for you to be wrong about anything else even though your assumption about the cause of the war was wrong.

Gary K

Banned
Sure, sure, all of the shelling, tank convoys, were just part of...oh...a "special military operation" and not an actual invasion at all.
Demonstrate the "facts" you think you know. It doesn't take a million man army to do that. It happens in all modern warfare. The smaller army often does it to the larger one.