Typical 2P2P Tactic: the other Levitical animal sacrifice

Interplanner

You have a filthy mouth, Lamont.
I've had to call you out on it three times now.

'What the hell' is contemporary expressioni for frustration and exasperation at the actions of ignorant and narrow people. It is not sexual, it is not degrading to women, it is rooted in the truth of hell itself; just another topic where you have no idea what you are talking about.

Interplanner

So, IP, why did the scapegoat take the sins away rather than the slain goat?

I'm not the least interested until I see the need for it from a gospel account about Christ or in Hebrews. But waste your time.

I've never heard of anyone in 45 years of ministry who 'dangled' the most important part of the Gospel as a piece of secret knowledge. Talk about deviant spirits!

SaulToPaul 2

I'm not the least interested until I see the need for it from a gospel account about Christ or in Hebrews. But waste your time.

I've never heard of anyone in 45 years of ministry who 'dangled' the most important part of the Gospel as a piece of secret knowledge. Talk about deviant spirits!

SaulToPaul 2

'What the hell' is contemporary expressioni for frustration and exasperation at the actions of ignorant and narrow people. It is not sexual, it is not degrading to women, it is rooted in the truth of hell itself; just another topic where you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is considered vulgar language, and it is unnecessary on a Christian forum.

SaulToPaul 2

Did John know that the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins was going to die?
That is my point.

SaulToPaul 2

I'm amazed that after 45 years of "ministry" that you still do not know what the New Covenant is, who it is made with, and what the numerous results of it are. It is rather pathetic.

john w

Hall of Fame
Again-you learn through repetition; Therefore,one more time-to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

SaulToPaul 2

Again-you learn through repetition; Therefore,one more time-to clear up this John 1:29 KJV stumper, that the drones shout, "See!!!! The Baptist knew!!!"

John 1 KJV

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world

That has NADA to do with a sin offering, drones-it was a reference to carrying away our griefs, burdens-NADA to do with dying for our sins. John the Baptist had no clue that the Lord Jesus Christ would die for our sins.

As others have been shown, chapter and verse, no one knew at that time that Christ was going to be put to death. The 11 were clueless. John the Baptist was clueless, witness his puzzlement that he was in prison, and his message to the Lord. "What the heck is happening?". He was expecting the warrior King Messiah, not a suffering servant. It was not until the Sanhedrin declared the Lord Jesus Christ's destruction(Mt. 12:32 KJV), that the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that He was going to die. Again, the 11 were clueless. Everyone was. The passover lamb did not represent "bearing sin," and a lamb was never the sin offering victim. Nor was it "the sin of the world" that the scapegoat bore away-it was the sins of Israel, per Lev. 16:21 KJV. The "bearing of the sin of the world" is not a reference to, a prophecy, pointing to Calvary, but a revelation of what the Lord Jesus Christ was during His earthly ministry. "taketh away"-taking up and carrying burdens, not a "sacrificial" term here.

His earthly ministry-sin bearer, in the sense of taking up and carrying burdens-his groans and tears at the grave of his friend Lazarus....He took up and bore the burden of human sin; not, during His earthly life as to guilt(that was not until Calvary), but as to sufferings and sorrows it brought upon all of mankind:

Is. 53:7 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

No sacrificial language is intended here, as slaughter merely means "shambles," as it foretold of the Christ's earthly life of "humbling Himself", and suffering.

Yes sir, that's one subject you can't talk enough about........shambles.

DAN P

NOoooo, no one thought that way about sacrificial lambs in that day did they, nope. You'd have to be a theolog X000 years later to make that conclusion!!!

Hi and since , for approx 1600 years Israel sacrificed , ANIMAL , so who paid for their SINS ??

Heb 9:15 says WHO paid for them , so get your FACTS straight !!

dan p

Wick Stick

IB is never going to answer, but I'm your huckleberry. :chuckle:

First, the "lamb of God" reference has nothing to do with the sacrificial goatS. Lambs are not goats. Things that are different can't be the same! :chuckle:

The lamb sacrifice refers to the perfect lamb offered by each family at Passover, which is a reenactment of the original Paschal lambs from the plague of the firstborn during the Exodus. I think you know this.

Anyhow, there are two goats in the scapegoat ritual because it acts out something completely different! The two goats, which are for the people explicitly, represent the people of Israel.

National Israel was always two mixed-up peoples. Jesus refers to them as the wheat and the chaff by way of parable, and promises to separate them. The Old Testament also shows them as types - Jacob and Esau, and Isaac and Ishmael. In all casees, one is selected as the Lord's, and the other is driven out into the wilderness.

Note that there is a bullock sacrificed at the same time - for the High Priest and his family it says. That Bullock is the sacrifice who does the heavy lifting here.

If you've read through the progression of sacrifices in Leviticus (yawwwwwnnnn), you should realize that the whole system is meant to funnel guilt away from the people, into the priests, and then up into the High Priest, who then makes a single sacrifice one day a year for everything. Essentially, the people put their sins on the animals, which the priests then eat, etc.

So with that in mind, by the time Aaron arrives at this day, he is already carrying all the sins for which sacrifices have previously been offered by the faithful.

For the not-so-faithful, there are just two wild, hairy goats to represent them, showing that half of them are fake Israelites about to be driven out into the wilderness.

Interplanner

IB is never going to answer, but I'm your huckleberry. :chuckle:

First, the "lamb of God" reference has nothing to do with the sacrificial goatS. Lambs are not goats. Things that are different can't be the same! :chuckle:

The lamb sacrifice refers to the perfect lamb offered by each family at Passover, which is a reenactment of the original Paschal lambs from the plague of the firstborn during the Exodus. I think you know this.

Anyhow, there are two goats in the scapegoat ritual because it acts out something completely different! The two goats, which are for the people explicitly, represent the people of Israel.

National Israel was always two mixed-up peoples. Jesus refers to them as the wheat and the chaff by way of parable, and promises to separate them. The Old Testament also shows them as types - Jacob and Esau, and Isaac and Ishmael. In all casees, one is selected as the Lord's, and the other is driven out into the wilderness.

Note that there is a bullock sacrificed at the same time - for the High Priest and his family it says. That Bullock is the sacrifice who does the heavy lifting here.

If you've read through the progression of sacrifices in Leviticus (yawwwwwnnnn), you should realize that the whole system is meant to funnel guilt away from the people, into the priests, and then up into the High Priest, who then makes a single sacrifice one day a year for everything. Essentially, the people put their sins on the animals, which the priests then eat, etc.

So with that in mind, by the time Aaron arrives at this day, he is already carrying all the sins for which sacrifices have previously been offered by the faithful.

For the not-so-faithful, there are just two wild, hairy goats to represent them, showing that half of them are fake Israelites about to be driven out into the wilderness.

Hope it works, WS, they are unteachable.