True science and true religion agree together.

iouae

Jesus said He is the only way... It is an absolute truth.
Likewise Scripture tells us that in six days of created the heavens and the earth and everything in them...It is an absolute truth

Just to show you how absolutely wrong you are about absolute truth, let me show you how your worldview caused you to inadvertently misquote scripture.

Exo 20:11
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Notice heaven, earth, sea - the three components of earth and earth's creatures.
Heaven for birds
Earth for land animals
Sea for sea creatures.

From the context alone it shows that the larger heavens were not in the writer's mind.

God did not create the heaven He dwells in, or the 3rd spiritual heaven.
And nothing about creating the second or cosmic heaven - no mention of stars, moon etc.
Only heaven referred to is one with creatures in "all that in them is".
It does not even say "heavens".

But because "heaven" is from "shamayim" which can be either sing. or pl. I am not holding you to the singular.

But please give absolutes a rest.

iouae

Don't bother. I was wrong. It is beyond you. I won't waste any more of my time with you. Good bye.

Well you kept going on about what a great argument it was, I felt obliged to at least tell you honestly what I thought of it. You are right that philosophical arguments probably are beyond me.

6days

iouae said:
Just to show you how absolutely wrong you are about absolute truth
Well, at least you seem to believe in absolutes. The problem is that you think you have absolute truth, and God's Word doesn't
iouae said:
let me show you how your worldview caused you to inadvertently misquote scripture.
Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it..... And nothing about creating the second or cosmic heaven - no mention of stars, moon etc.
Only heaven referred to is one with creatures in "all that in them is".
It does not even say "heavens".
Strongs: 1. a. visible heavens, sky, where stars, etc., are Judges 5:20; Genesis 15:5 (J), Deuteronomy 4:19; Genesis 1:14,15,17 (P), hence ׳כּוֺכְבֵי הַשּׁ Genesis 22:17 (JE) = 9 t. (usually as countless), ׳(כָּלֿ) צְבָא הַשּׁ Deuteronomy 4:19; Jeremiah 8:2 + ( ׳צ
iouae said:
But please give absolutes a rest. [/quote=iouae]God's Word is absolute truth and inerrant.

iouae

Increasingly I believe that religion and science are very alike, and both are faith based systems.

Both sets of believers look to their sources of evidence. Christians look to the Bible, and Scientists look to their instruments and methodologies.

Both have their authority figures, the Pope, Darwin, Dawkins, the TV evangelists. And followers put a lot of faith in what the authorities have to say.

Both have their institutions of higher learning, where their particular beliefs and methodologies are espoused.

Humans do almost every human activity, by faith. You name the activity, and there will be a faith basis to that human activity. We are inherently hard-wired to be faith based in our thinking.

So it's not the just alone who live by faith. It's everyone.

For this reason I believe its useless to say that science handles the empirical, the solid, the tangible, and religion takes care of that which cannot be seen.

If we can combine the "evidence" from cosmology, palaeontology and the Bible, maybe we can find a common belief. Maybe we can reconcile Genesis, the Big Bang and the fossil record, because all purport to supply evidence regarding the same events of the past.

And expect every human to be irrational and illogical in his defence and presentation of his evidence. Evolutionists consider YEC irrational and vice versa. I consider both irrational. And most consider me irrational, and that's perfectly reasonable, because reason is based on faith, and faith derives its evidence, for different folks, from different sources.