Transformed in heart and mind

thborn

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

1 Corinthians 13:2-3 I
f I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

The importance of faith and acting and loving.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

The Chosen are predestined to be saved by grace through faith in Jesus, and they are a new creation, and given enough time afterwards, wouldn't you say they show that by being transformed and acting so very differently from the society and culture around them? Do you think your cultural group that you are comfortable in really fits with this? This is certainly something I have struggled with and still do in ways.

Last edited:

thborn

1 John 5:3-4 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

When people believe there is at some point a change in what they desire and what they like. Their identity and culture is impacted. They won't like many things they may have used to like that are sexually impure, occult, brutish, or consumerist.

And this is not burdensome, because they are being imbued with the humility and obedience of the mind of Christ per Phillipians 2.

I have experienced some of this but I may still have some ways to go....in terms of the media I consume and trying to learn never to look to the world for satisfaction. Hardest for some including myself is perhaps learning to like prayer because some of us find self-introspection quite painful. But continued sanctification will come to those who have truly believed and hope in Christ.

beloved57

1 John 5:3-4 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.

When people believe there is at some point a change in what they desire and what they like. Their identity and culture is impacted. They won't like many things they may have used to like that are sexually impure, occult, brutish, or consumerist.

And this is not burdensome, because they are being imbued with the humility and obedience of the mind of Christ per Phillipians 2.

I have experienced some of this but I may still have some ways to go....in terms of the media I consume and trying to learn never to look to the world for satisfaction. Hardest for some including myself is perhaps learning to like prayer because some of us find self-introspection quite painful. But continued sanctification will come to those who have truly believed and hope in Christ.

Sanctification of the Spirit results in belief of the Truth! 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

clefty

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

1 Corinthians 13:2-3 I
f I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

The importance of faith and acting and loving.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

The Chosen are predestined to be saved by grace through faith in Jesus, and they are a new creation, and given enough time afterwards, wouldn't you say they show that by being transformed and acting so very differently from the society and culture around them? Do you think your cultural group that you are comfortable in really fits with this? This is certainly something I have struggled with and still do in ways.

Indeed! A new creation, and 3By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments. 4If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone keeps His word, the love of God has been truly perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. 1 John 2: 3-6

Lose your life...your former ways FOR HIM...lose the world its ways FOR HIS WAYS...seek FIRST the kingdom...do AS HE DID...works befitting repentance...

And Love as He loved...JUST AS...not the way the world loves...or Buddhist, or Muslim or Catholic or Protestant...but AS HE DID

thborn

Sanctification of the Spirit results in belief of the Truth! 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Yes, indeed that is true. Anyone, feel free to say if you think I am using terms ('sanctification,' etc.) appropriately in the right places. I must of course continue to study and pray about these things.

thborn

Indeed! A new creation, and 3By this we can be sure that we have come to know Him: if we keep His commandments. 4If anyone says, “I know Him,” but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone keeps His word, the love of God has been truly perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. 1 John 2: 3-6

Lose your life...your former ways FOR HIM...lose the world its ways FOR HIS WAYS...seek FIRST the kingdom...do AS HE DID...works befitting repentance...

And Love as He loved...JUST AS...not the way the world loves...or Buddhist, or Muslim or Catholic or Protestant...but AS HE DID

Amen.

beloved57

Yes, indeed that is true. Anyone, feel free to say if you think I am using terms ('sanctification,' etc.) appropriately in the right places. I must of course continue to study and pray about these things.

If one resist the truth chances are they have not been sanctified by the Holy Spirit!