Traits you dislike

GFR7

Oh, she means insulting condescension, then.
Well, I know that I meant it as affectionate and endearing. :AMR1:

Haven't you ever called anyone you like by a nickname? :think:

I think always attributing evil motives to someone is very low.

PureX

Well, I know that I meant it as affectionate and endearing. :AMR1:

Haven't you ever called anyone you like by a nickname? :think:

I think always attributing evil motives to someone is very low.
I think you are passive aggressive, and insult people while you pretend to 'compliment' them.

GFR7

I think you are passive aggressive, and insult people while you pretend to 'compliment' them.
I know, I keep being accused of that - I absolutely disagree, and people who know me in person know that I am uncomplicated and very loving and cheerful.

I really dislike a Culture Warrior (due to his own vile behavior) and I have no trouble openly insulting him. I am neither affectionate or teasing with him, but quite insulting. If you and Rusha think this of me, that I am sneaky and passive-aggressive (I trait i find really wimpy and dorkish) then you are not the people I thought you were. :AMR1:

RCLady

What makes you dislike a person? Do you dislike people as soon as you see them/interact on TOL or does it take time?

Your thoughts? :)

One thing that makes me dislike a person is when a person has an obstinate contempt for God which shows itself in various ways e.g. deriding Jesus Christ or His holy Mother, glorying in one's shame.

Some people make themselves known right away while others only gradually makes themselves known. Generally I do not dislike someone as soon as I see them.

What about the saying 'what you dislike in others, you dislike in yourself' , is that always true?

It's not always true. Oftentimes what people dislike in others, they like in themselves. An example would be people who dislike selfishness in others but glory in their own selfish behavior.

Cruciform

Liars. I hate liars. I really do. That's probably why so many people in this forum disgust me because they outright lie about Catholicism. They don't debate facts, they make up lies and then try to use the lies as weapons.
It seems to me that most anti-Catholics aren't "lying" so much as simply uncritically and ignorantly repeating what they've derived from their particular man-made non-Catholic sect. People only "know" what they've been taught, and so most merely parrot the distorted assumptions and erroneous opinions of their chosen Protestant denomination or doctrinal tradition regarding what Catholics supposedly believe and teach.

That being said, there certainly are a relative few on TOL who know full well that they're misrepresenting Catholic teaching, and choose to do so anyway. These few are most definitely liars (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 19:5).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It seems to me that most anti-Catholics aren't "lying" so much as simply uncritically and ignorantly repeating what they've derived from their particular man-made non-Catholic sect. People only "know" what they've been taught, and so most merely parrot the distorted assumptions and erroneous opinions of their chosen Protestant denomination or doctrinal tradition regarding what Catholics supposedly believe and teach.

That being said, there certainly are a relative few on TOL who know full well that they're misrepresenting Catholic teaching, and choose to do so anyway. These few are most definitely liars (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 19:5).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

good post cruciform

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Saying all kinds of stupid things about Catholicism is usually the fast track to getting on my bad side :)

I don't mind critiquing and debating, but those sore, reckless anti-Catholics with a big chip on their shoulder.. ~noe~

musterion

I dislike people who call those who stand on God's Word alone "ignorant," "deceived" and "liars."

GFR7

One thing that makes me dislike a person is when a person has an obstinate contempt for God which shows itself in various ways e.g. deriding Jesus Christ or His holy Mother, glorying in one's shame.

Some people make themselves known right away while others only gradually makes themselves known. Generally I do not dislike someone as soon as I see them.

It's not always true. Oftentimes what people dislike in others, they like in themselves. An example would be people who dislike selfishness in others but glory in their own selfish behavior.
Or, you could say people who dislike selfishness in others, refuse to see it or own it within themselves. I guess that then become HYPOCRISY, which is a very bad trait indeed. But a human failing: As Jesus said, we must get the board out of our eye before pointing out the speck in our brother's eye. :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sneaky deceivers ... and those who are incapable of ever accepting responsibility.

You know, like those who would sneak in under multiple ID's AFTER being banned, deny who they are and then blame their previous bans on everyone else.