toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Unbiblical?

Ok Can i ask you something?

John 15

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

Does this mean that if we love others, then we should be naturally crucified for them? What do you understand these verses to mean? Thanks

Thanks for that verse in addition to mine, you just proved your own self wrong, since Christ says Himself He lays His own life down, no one took it from him.

The rest of your post is ridiculous, just admit you were wrong.

marhig

Thanks for that verse in addition to mine, you just proved your own self wrong, since Christ says Himself He lays His own life down, no one took it from him.

The rest of your post is ridiculous, just admit you were wrong.
Why? I'm not wrong, when Jesus said greater love hath no man than this. That a man lay down his life for his friends. Did Jesus mean that if we love others then we have to die naturally for them?

What do you believe that verse means?

rexlunae

Hi rexy :)

I imagine you've gotten used to being 'disappointed' with various theists over the years, but have learned to roll with the punches ;)

Well, yes, but I'm not just asking. I'm challenging the credulousness with which such a notion is accepted. Clearly, no one could testify to the existence of something that strikes you dead upon observation. So why take it so for granted? Who could possibly write an account of such a thing?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Well, yes, but I'm not just asking. I'm challenging the credulousness with which such a notion is accepted. Clearly, no one could testify to the existence of something that strikes you dead upon observation. So why take it so for granted? Who could possibly write an account of such a thing?

:cool: - prolly not worth pursuing. It was a 'figure of speech'....a 'guess' on his part. As to the original thread inquiry, I think my former observations hold as to the hypothetical inquiry and presuppositions involved, let alone HOW Jesus would be properly identified ;)