TOL Blogs

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
~*~*~

Hi all,

Thought to put a 'shout out' to all our TOL bloggers here (and those who havent made any blog entries yet). We have 74 blogs so far among subscribers here, which means these persons have made at least 1 blog entry into their TOL blog-space. As far as amount of entries goes,...JPPT1974 leads with 797 so far! I'm 2nd with 28 entries. Seems like JPPT1974 is maximizing the field here, where are all you other bloggers? :) I do like that others can access your blog and see how many entries you have by clicking on your name (under 'View Blog'), in your profile, or your blog entries portal-link in upper right of your posts or below your name and info. (depending on what template style your using, Lightweight or Hi-Def. I use Lightweight usually).

TOL Blog control panel
- Blogs listed according to entries

Anyways,...not that blogging is a big deal and some might not be into it (also realize many of you find sufficient and more engaged activity in the open-discussion forum sections) - just looking to perhaps renew some sluggish spots on the TOL landscape,...kinda like our social groups...which seem to be 'hit n miss' since you dont know who posted unless you actually visit the group, there being no 'notification system'. (you also have to visit your blog-entries to see if any comments have been made on them)

I use some blog-entries kinda like 'user notes'(another odd and probably neglected feature?) as well, like in posting threads and single-view post-links, for reference....or saving some favorites, like a classic posts collection. One can be as creative as possible with blogs....and nice that each entry has its own URL address for 'linking'. Anyways,..just curious as to your thoughts on our own TOL blog-space or blogging in general and how it works as an 'ad-junct' to the forum's versatility here :thumb:

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have been wondering about blogs

isn't a blog just a post that is too long?

how do you reply to a blog?

why should you read a blog?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't worry about it too much Chrys...you can only say:

"vote republican
or
you are a baby killer."

In so many ways. :idunno:

Ted L Glines

I like the blog feature. Other people can read what you blog, and that's okay. But it's real purpose, for me, is as a filing cabinet to store certain things which I may wish to review later, like my blogs #1 thru #14 which are segments of an article currently being finally (I hope) edited for publication. I cannot visualize our blogs as being the focus for browsing by other TOL members, unless they are really really really bored :)

Quincy

It's interesting. I've read some of your's freelight and they are very insightful towards who you are. I've thought doing some blogs but God only knows what would pop into my mind to put in there :chuckle: .

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
blog comments............

blog comments............

how do you know?
if
someone read your blog

It dont think there is a 'number of views' counter, but you can look at your blog-entries and see who has left a comment, and respond to it there. It allows for a seperate venue away from the main forum to 'correspond', journal, save articles/links, share thoughts, perhaps on a particular or unique subject that just happens to be more appropriate or conveniently shared in its own. Be creative :)

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
get your inner blogger on........

get your inner blogger on........

A 'blog' is what you make it basically. You can do what you like with that 'space'. You reply to a blog-entry by using the comment option (see various blogs where comments have been left for an example).You can also rate blog entries. Isn't it wonderful to be an 'artist', painting your ideas, thoughts, reflections with the various colours of 'language'? Life is what you make it.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
expressing logos.......

expressing logos.......

It's interesting. I've read some of your's freelight and they are very insightful towards who you are.

Thank you :) - Just like 'God' creates thru 'logos' (his creative word, informing intelligence)...so we like 'God' create thru 'logos'. Apparently, since Life has this potential within it, we serve life by serving as co-creators wth 'God'. This is what Life is about.

I've thought doing some blogs but God only knows what would pop into my mind to put in there :chuckle: .

Let Spirit be the wind beneath your wings...........

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A 'blog' is what you make it basically. You can do what you like with that 'space'. You reply to a blog-entry by using the comment option (see various blogs where comments have been left for an example).You can also rate blog entries. Isn't it wonderful to be an 'artist', painting your ideas, thoughts, reflections with the various colours of 'language'? Life is what you make it.

pj

thanks for the thread
and
thanks for answering all my questions

I just may try it

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
okay I started by blog
so
what do I do now?

Good going, you've shared some thoughts on your subject of interest, your point of view and left some thread links as well. A blog is more of a personal journal or note system for yourself mainly, although others can read as well and leave comments. Just visit your blog often to see if you have any comments. Of course most dialogue will likely take place in the threads in the open forum.

pj

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Good going, you've shared some thoughts on your subject of interest, your point of view and left some thread links as well. A blog is more of a personal journal or note system for yourself mainly, although others can read as well and leave comments. Just visit your blog often to see if you have any comments. Of course most dialogue will likely take place in the threads in the open forum.

pj

thanks for getting me started on it

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
blogging fun

blogging fun

~*~*~

Hi all,

Reviving this as some are finally realizing they even have a TOL blog.
Will be adding a resource-post soon on studies on 'God, Time and Space', as these subjects are most interesting since they are most fundamental to existence. They are awesome!

Stay tuned,

and happy blogging! :)

Paulie

Quincy

I decided to make a blog some time back and might do another one soon. They are kind of neat. I like how you have control over approving the comments on them. I wish it tracked how many people read them though, I least I haven't found a tracker. It's a neat little option to expand your TOL experience with.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Access points.....

Access points.....

~*~*~

Hi all,

Just wondered if the blog feature is for all registered members or only subscribers have this feature, their own personal TOL blog? Also If people not subscribed to the forum can access and read your TOL blog, or do they have to be registered to access them? I believe you have to be 'registered' to view other peoples profiles, If I recall correctly. Any help here from other members is appreciated :)

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
~*~*~

Ok, apparently all registered members can have their own blog with entries here on TOL. One can only have a customized profile page as a 'subscriber' as I understand. Updates in progress.....

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Pheonix rising......

Pheonix rising......

~*~*~

Hi all,

Luckily our blogs have 'escaped' the recent purging going on here, so they are still intact :cool: - those of us who are by nature 'catalogers' might have to go thru and see if links to older threads/posts no longer work. fun fun fun.

I suppose the saying here is "out with the old, in with the new" :)

In-joy!

Paulie