To Reject the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is to Reject Christ

Robert Pate

Banned
If you think that rejecting "historical gospel" is rejecting Christ, then you have made a false idol of your "historical gospel".

It is not wise to try and separate Christ from his Gospel.

Who Christ is and what he has done are very much the same thing.

PureX

It is not wise to try and separate Christ from his Gospel.
I think sooner or later it becomes crucial. Otherwise, we'll just waste our lives worshipping a religion, instead of God.
Who Christ is and what he has done are very much the same thing.
If Christ is just some religious dogma based on a story in a book, then it doesn't really matter, anyway. To find out if Christ is real, we have to put the stories and dogmas aside, and start looking for the truth they purport to present to us, in the circumstances of our own lives. Because in the end, that's the only place any of it matters.

Sitting around praying to religious idols, or running around spouting off religious dogmas at others, doesn't save anyone from anything. Except perhaps from living their own lives like the human beings that God created and intended them be. What good is a Christian that never leaves the church (because he drags it around on his backs everywhere he goes)?

If you aren't looking for and finding Christ in your life, then you may as well throw the books and the dogmas away. Because they aren't working for you.

Robert Pate

Banned
I think sooner or later it becomes crucial. Otherwise, we'll just waste our lives worshipping a religion, instead of God.
If Christ is just some religious dogma based on a story in a book, then it doesn't really matter, anyway. To find out if Christ is real, we have to put the stories and dogmas aside, and start looking for the truth they purport to present to us, in the circumstances of our own lives. Because in the end, that's the only place any of it matters.

Sitting around praying to religious idols, or running around spouting off religious dogmas at others, doesn't save anyone from anything. Except perhaps from living their own lives like the human beings that God created and intended them be. What good is a Christian that never leaves the church (because he drags it around on his backs everywhere he goes)?

If you aren't looking for and finding Christ in your life, then you may as well throw the books and the dogmas away. Because they aren't working for you.

Jesus claims to be the savior of the world, John 12:47.

To say that he is not is to call him a liar, a very serious thing to do because it means that you don't have faith in him or in his words.

Looking for Christ in your life is Romanism.

Christians are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Christ is present in the Holy Spirit, but is not doing another work in the life of the believer.

The work of Christ is a finished work. Jesus is now in heaven at the right hand of God, Hebrews 7:26.

beloved57

To say that he is not is to call him a liar, a very serious thing to do because it means that you don't have faith in him or in his words.

Looking for Christ in your life is Romanism.

Christians are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. Christ is present in the Holy Spirit, but is not doing another work in the life of the believer.

The work of Christ is a finished work. Jesus is now in heaven at the right hand of God, Hebrews 7:26.

You teach that millions upon millions for whom Christ lived and died shall wind up in Hell unsaved! What happened? What kind of savior you believe in, a failure!

Robert Pate

Banned
You teach that millions upon millions for whom Christ lived and died shall wind up in Hell unsaved! What happened? What kind of savior you believe in, a failure!

A savior that lets you decide for yourself where you want to spend eternity.

Not one that imposes himself on you.

PureX

"John" claims that Jesus claims … and from my reading of the text, Jesus often refers to himself not as Jesus the person, but as Jesus the Christ. When Jesus says "I am the way, the truth, and the life …" he is not referring to himself as a man. But as the Christ: as the embodiment of God's spirit in human form. And it's that embodiment that he refers to as "the way". Not himself, and not the religion that man invented based on their idolization of him.

But religionists interpret that quote to mean "believing and obeying the religion based on the idolization of me, Jesus of Nazareth, is the only way to gain God's forgiveness and go to Heaven". And I believe that's a gross misunderstanding of the quote.
To say that he is not is to call him a liar,…
No, it's to call you confused. Stop confusing your own interpretation of these quotes with the absolute unquestionable intent of Jesus. Because you don't know the absolute unquestionable intent of Jesus.
… it means that you don't have faith in him or in his words.
I don't have faith in the religionist's record and interpretation of his words. Nor in yours.

What I have faith in is the ideal of Christ: that God's love and forgiveness acting in us and through us to each other, will heal us and save us from ourselves. And I have faith in this because I have found that it's true.

Robert Pate

Banned
"John" claims that Jesus claims … and from my reading of the text, Jesus often refers to himself not as Jesus the person, but as Jesus the Christ. When Jesus says "I am the way, the truth, and the life …" he is not referring to himself as a man. But as the Christ: as the embodiment of God's spirit in human form. And it's that embodiment that he refers to as "the way". Not himself, and not the religion that man invented based on their idolization of him.

But religionists interpret that quote to mean "believing and obeying the religion based on the idolization of me, Jesus of Nazareth, is the only way to gain God's forgiveness and go to Heaven". And I believe that's a gross misunderstanding of the quote.
No, it's to call you confused. Stop confusing your own interpretation of these quotes with the absolute unquestionable intent of Jesus. Because you don't know the absolute unquestionable intent of Jesus.
I don't have faith in the religionist's record and interpretation of his words. Nor in yours.

What I have faith in is the ideal of Christ: that God's love and forgiveness acting in us and through us to each other, will heal us and save us from ourselves. And I have faith in this because I have found that it's true.

Jesus was a person, he was every bit a man as he was God. he was the God-Man. He had to be both God and man to save us.

When Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life' he meant that he the God-man was the way the truth and the life.

You are in error when you try to separate Jesus the man from Jesus the Christ. The scripture says, "In him dwelt all the fulness of the Godhead bodily". Jesus was all that God could be and all that man could be in one person.

All that we will ever know about God is in Jesus Christ. Jesus himself is the way the truth and the life. What you believe about him does not make any difference.

beloved57

Jesus was a person, he was every bit a man as he was God. he was the God-Man. He had to be both God and man to save us.

When Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life' he meant that he the God-man was the way the truth and the life.

You are in error when you try to separate Jesus the man from Jesus the Christ. The scripture says, "In him dwelt all the fulness of the Godhead bodily". Jesus was all that God could be and all that man could be in one person.

All that we will ever know about God is in Jesus Christ. Jesus himself is the way the truth and the life. What you believe about him does not make any difference.

Yet you believe millions that He came to save wind up lost in their sins anyway, what happened ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Yet you believe millions that He came to save wind up lost in their sins anyway, what happened ?

The same thing that is going to happen to you.

They died in their sins because they did not believe that Jesus was able to atone for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

beloved57

The same thing that is going to happen to you.

They died in their sins because they did not believe that Jesus was able to atone for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
If God doesn't grant you Faith in Christ, then you are still in your sins!