To Reject the "Historical Gospel" of Jesus Christ is to Reject Christ

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus did not atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world 1 John 2:2, then no one is saved and we are all still in our sins. There is no such thing as a partial Gospel. One must believe in the whole Gospel or they believe none of the Gospel.
We Christians must be careful. I think only the insecure and the defensive use tyranny to stamp down and constrict the diversity of God's creation. But that's my view based on my own observations, thinking and beliefs.

Authoritarian and obedience-based world religions such as fundamentalist Islam and Christianity are turning people off. Having one's own version of Shari'a Law does nothing to bring about the Kingdom of God on earth.

The largest growing segment of today's population is "the unchurched" according to Barma, the Christian polling outfit. This is not good news to those of us who were raised up in the church and love their faith.

What do you do about that pesky Jesus who talked of humankind becoming the "sons and the daughters of God that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."?

Do we take these unique phrasings of Jesus for what they plainly say or do we preference the pinched, narrow and later all-too-human additions found put into and onto Jesus by the church and simply agree that he did not "walk his talk"?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for Theologyonline.

Shame on you, TOL!

The victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

I am secure in my faith.

Robert Pate

Banned
We Christians must be careful. I think only the insecure and the defensive use tyranny to stamp down and constrict the diversity of God's creation. But that's my view based on my own observations, thinking and beliefs.

Authoritarian and obedience-based world religions such as fundamentalist Islam and Christianity are turning people off. Having one's own version of Shari'a Law does nothing to bring about the Kingdom of God on earth.

The largest growing segment of today's population is "the unchurched" according to Barma, the Christian polling outfit. This is not good news to those of us who were raised up in the church and love their faith.

What do you do about that pesky Jesus who talked of humankind becoming the "sons and the daughters of God that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."?

Do we take these unique phrasings of Jesus for what they plainly say or do we preference the pinched, narrow and later all-too-human additions found put into and onto Jesus by the church and simply agree that he did not "walk his talk"?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It is truly sad that an exclusive focus on Jesus and a moral Christian life is so disruptive and alarming for Theologyonline.

Shame on you, TOL!

The victimization, the anger covering up shame and the immaturity of most folks on this website is truly astonishing to me.

Nevertheless, I will continue to stress the authentic parabolic teachings of Jesus as well as connecting myself and the world to the great moral epic of the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament.

I am secure in my faith.

The teachings of Jesus are the law. Is that what you are teaching? Jesus taught the law to show the Jews that they were sinners and were in need of a savior. That is the purpose of the law simply because no one can do it or keep it. The law is the very nature and character of God. Are you teaching people that they should be like God if they want to be saved?