To Believe or Not to Believe?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
1 - Do you really Iamabeream? Jesus said in John 17:17 that the Truth is God's Word and, the Psalmist in 147:19,20 said that God's Word was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. If you do, what is taking you so long to take hold of the skirt of the Jews and ask to join them for finally understanding that God is with them?

2 - And that's the only Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God. (Zech. 8:23) If you believe it, believe also that whoever join God's Covenant with His People will be known by a name better than sons and daughters. (Isa. 56:1-8)

3 - Can you be so kind as to show me in the Tanach where Jesus is promised to come as the Jewish Messiah?

4 - Can you please show me where is possible to live above the Law?

5 - Thousands of Christians believe in Jesus and die every day.

6 - Can you tell me what generation's last day will never come?

7 - Nice try but prophecies made after the case have no credibility.

8 - Believe it or not, you still have to prove it.

The law is man made, it was reformed in part by Moses. Judaism is an evolved religion like all other evolved religions with similar prohibitions, taboos, priests etc.

While it is true that God was working with the descendants of Abraham in preparation for the reception of Jesus it all went to the heads of the Jews leading to a redacted, exaggerated history and false expectations about their place in the world.

Using the same Tanach, there has been a number of Messiah claimants before and after Jesus, but NONE of them did what Jesus did and is still doing today.

PureX

Some people want to be told what to think, how to act, and what to believe in. I think in most cases, they were just raised that way: taught never to trust in their own thoughts, or their own desires, and to obey the "authority" in all things. These are the folks who presume that their thoughtless obedience is an expression of "faith", when in fact, it's just an expression of their fear. Their fear of thinking for themselves. Of honoring their own autonomy, and of disobeying their 'rulers'.

I feel bad for them. They'll never know who they really are, because they'll never let themselves loose from the chains of fear that bind them.

Aimiel

Some people take God at His Word, trusting that He exists, even never having seen any physical evidence other than the inward witness that The Holy Spirit gives them together with their own spirit. This knowing that God gives is even greater than the 'evidence' that they see with their eyes or feel with their hands. They know who they are in Him because they know that His Promises are: "Yes," and, "Amen."

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Some people take God at His Word, trusting that He exists, even never having seen any physical evidence other than the inward witness that The Holy Spirit gives them together with their own spirit. This knowing that God gives is even greater than the 'evidence' that they see with their eyes or feel with their hands. They know who they are in Him because they know that His Promises are: "Yes," and, "Amen."

"Yes" and "Amen"? Really? What promises? Be specific.

Ben Masada

To believe or not to believe?

Say, do you have an extra one of those Jewish skirts; next week I'll be following your example of cherry picking through the NT you assert is full of holes but for when it suits your unbelief, and I don't want to get any jots and tittles on my blue suede shoes... "don't you; step on my blues suede shoes..."

You are either joking or in need of some classes on metaphorical language. I am not going to explain to you Zech. 8:23 because you could be joking. It is a pity though not to take seriously the subject we are discussing.

Do you know where is the secret of cherry picking? In the realm of contradictions. When one is charged with cherry picking, it is because he has discovered contradictions. When you can refute him in a book with the opposite from another, you are appealing to the contradictions.

Ben Masada

The law is man made, it was reformed in part by Moses. Judaism is an evolved religion like all other evolved religions with similar prohibitions, taboos, priests etc.

While it is true that God was working with the descendants of Abraham in preparation for the reception of Jesus it all went to the heads of the Jews leading to a redacted, exaggerated history and false expectations about their place in the world.

Using the same Tanach, there has been a number of Messiah claimants before and after Jesus, but NONE of them did what Jesus did and is still doing today.

Who told you that God was working with the descendants of Abraham in preparation for the reception of Jesus, Paul? You can't even quote a thing in the Tanach to that effect. Would you like to try?

Ben Masada

Some people want to be told what to think, how to act, and what to believe in. I think in most cases, they were just raised that way: taught never to trust in their own thoughts, or their own desires, and to obey the "authority" in all things. These are the folks who presume that their thoughtless obedience is an expression of "faith", when in fact, it's just an expression of their fear. Their fear of thinking for themselves. Of honoring their own autonomy, and of disobeying their 'rulers'.

I feel bad for them. They'll never know who they really are, because they'll never let themselves loose from the chains of fear that bind them.

I would sign what you have said above with II Cor. 5:7. You ain't kidding! I tell you.

Ben Masada

There is no physical evidence IN God but in what comes from God. (Psalm 19:1)