To Believe or Not to Believe?

Ben Masada

To Believe or Not to Believe?

To believe or not to believe, that's the question! The answer is in II Cor. 5:7. To believe by faith or to believe by sight. To believe by sight is to believe with understanding, hence the word sight. To believe by faith is to leave the understanding with Paul. When we believe by sight, we know what we believe. When we believe by faith, Paul knows the kind of believers we are. So, believe or not to believe? Now, the answer is in the mind of us all: To know or to be known.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you believe what you want to believe
the key word is want
what do you want?
that is hope not faith
hope is where it starts

you won't believe
if
you don't want to

Aimiel

Those of us who believe God's Promises walk by faith in those promises. We don't have to see the answer to believe, we believe before we see.

OCTOBER23

GROSBY THINKS THAT BIBLE PROPHECY WON'T HAPPEN

BUT HE DOES NOT KNOW BIBLE PROPHECY OR TRUST IN GOD'S WORD.

Read Genesis to Revelation , Grosby.

iamaberean

I believe God's word and to whom it was written.

The Old Testament was written to the Jews.

The four Gospels are about Jesus, the Jews Messiah, coming as was promised in the Old Testament.

The Jews that had died while living under law are the ones that would be resurrected in the last day.

Jesus told those that believed on him would never die.

Jesus told his disciples and the scribes and Pharisees that the last day would come in their generation.

The book of Revelation is about the judgment that came in 70 AD, in the disciples generation.

Believe it or not, this is what the scriptures say!

Ben Masada

you believe what you want to believe
the key word is want
what do you want?
that is hope not faith
hope is where it starts

you won't believe
if
you don't want to

But Chrysostom, one cannot achieve what he hopes for until he or she knows what they want. Then and till then one must believe by sight aka with understanding.

Ben Masada

To believe or not to believe?

Those of us who believe God's Promises walk by faith in those promises. We don't have to see the answer to believe, we believe before we see.

The answer will naturally come to us as we struggle to see aka understand what we want. To believe before we see is to believe in the dark where most mistakes are made because we do not understand what we are running after. Why did Moses see fit to send first, 12 spies to reconnoiter the Land of Canaan? Because to fight against the unknown could end up to be a lost cause.

Ben Masada

When BEN MASADA and others see what is coming they will become Christians.

Did Jesus become a Christian in the Gethsemane when he finally saw what was coming for him? He couldn't. Christianity did not exist yet. He would have to wait another 50+ years.

Ben Masada

That's the problem. They will be blind-sided. Then the only thing they can do is loose their heads.

See what I mean? All this discussion about believing by faith or by sight and you have still not understood. How could those who walk by sight be blind-sided? That's rather what will happen to those who walk by faith and do nothing to understand what they are walking for.

Ben Masada

1 - I believe God's word and to whom it was written.

2 - The Old Testament was written to the Jews.

3 - The four Gospels are about Jesus, the Jews Messiah, coming as was promised in the Old Testament.

4 - The Jews that had died while living under law are the ones that would be resurrected in the last day.

5 - Jesus told those that believed on him would never die.

6 - Jesus told his disciples and the scribes and Pharisees that the last day would come in their generation.

7 - The book of Revelation is about the judgment that came in 70 AD, in the disciples generation.

8 - Believe it or not, this is what the scriptures say!

1 - Do you really Iamabeream? Jesus said in John 17:17 that the Truth is God's Word and, the Psalmist in 147:19,20 said that God's Word was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. If you do, what is taking you so long to take hold of the skirt of the Jews and ask to join them for finally understanding that God is with them?

2 - And that's the only Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God. (Zech. 8:23) If you believe it, believe also that whoever join God's Covenant with His People will be known by a name better than sons and daughters. (Isa. 56:1-8)

3 - Can you be so kind as to show me in the Tanach where Jesus is promised to come as the Jewish Messiah?

4 - Can you please show me where is possible to live above the Law?

5 - Thousands of Christians believe in Jesus and die every day.

6 - Can you tell me what generation's last day will never come?

7 - Nice try but prophecies made after the case have no credibility.

8 - Believe it or not, you still have to prove it.

Danoh

1 - Do you really Iamabeream? Jesus said in John 17:17 that the Truth is God's Word and, the Psalmist in 147:19,20 said that God's Word was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. If you do, what is taking you so long to take hold of the skirt of the Jews and ask to join them for finally understanding that God is with them?

2 - And that's the only Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God. (Zech. 8:23) If you believe it, believe also that whoever join God's Covenant with His People will be known by a name better than sons and daughters. (Isa. 56:1-8)

3 - Can you be so kind as to show me in the Tanach where Jesus is promised to come as the Jewish Messiah?

4 - Can you please show me where is possible to live above the Law?

5 - Thousands of Christians believe in Jesus and die every day.

6 - Can you tell me what generation's last day will never come?

7 - Nice try but prophecies made after the case have no credibility.

8 - Believe it or not, you still have to prove it.

Say, do you have an extra one of those Jewish skirts; next week I'll be following your example of cherry picking through the NT you assert is full of holes but for when it suits your unbelief, and I don't want to get any jots and tittles on my blue suede shoes... "don't you; step on my blues suede shoes..."