Those Who Pervert God's Word With Religion

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus revealed the righteousness of the Father.

He was a teacher of the law. The law reveals the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

Jesus said, "The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent and believe in the gospel.”

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Faith is an action verb.

James talks of faith and works, not the works of law but the works of faith.

Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Again I say Peter was given the keys to the kingdom and he said:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Even if I am wrong about this, and I don't think I am, doing more than required for God is not a sin, but doing nothing may very well be.

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James was ONLY speaking to the Jewish believers not the Gentiles.

iamaberean

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting." James was ONLY speaking to the Jewish believers not the Gentiles.
I don't think it matters to whom it was addressed, it applies to all. He was explaining the difference between works of law, and works of faith. We, as Christians, also need to know there are works, of faith, that we need to do.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I don't think it matters to whom it was addressed, it applies to all. He was explaining the difference between works of law, and works of faith. We, as Christians, also need to know there are works, of faith, that we need to do.

It DOES matter. Unless YOU enjoy being confused with your mind in a fog.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The NT was written by Jews for Jews in the context of Jewish culture and religion.

If God grafts a Gentile into Israel is the person not part of the twelve tribes?

Cruciform

Catholics don't like John 3:16 either, because there is nothing there about works. They would like to change John 3:13 to say... "Whosoever that believes and does good works". They find it offensive that the thief on the cross did nothing but believe and was saved.
Note the fact that Pate is a publicly-acknowledged liar (Prov. 13:5; 19:5) with respect to the Catholic Church and her teachings. Caveat emptor.

Robert Pate

Banned
Note the fact that Pate is a publicly-acknowledged liar (Prov. 13:5; 19:5) with respect to the Catholic Church and her teachings. Caveat emptor.

Catholics including yourself, place the authority of men over the authority of God's word.

You want to add works to the Gospel and in doing so pervert the work of Christ.

Cruciform

Catholics including yourself, place the authority of men over the authority of God's word.
Nope, just over Pate's entirely non-authoritative and fallible interpretations of God's word. Big difference there.

You want to add works to the Gospel and in doing so pervert the work of Christ.
Straw Man Fallacy.

Post #35 stands exactly as given.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope, just over Pate's entirely non-authoritative and fallible interpretations of God's word. Big difference there.

Straw Man Fallacy.

Post #35 stands exactly as given.

Catholics:

Pray to Mary
Pray to their Saints
Trust in their good works
Reject the Grace Gospel
Worship a mere man (The Pope)
Have idols in their churches
Believe in a non-existent Purgatory
and Limbo
Believe in water baptism
Won't allow their Priests and Nuns
to marry
Trust in false doctrine and a false gospel

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

I think you are the one confused. The epistles were written to the early churches, why would it make a difference if the Christians are Jews or Gentiles? There are not two different churches in the Bible.

Well, of course, you're wrong. There were two different messages being preached.
1) Peter preached the Kingdom Gospel to the House of Israel.
2) Paul preached the Grace Gospel to the Gentiles.