There was no house of Israel in the 1st century

chair

Because it's the law.

The Law of Return
July 5, 1950

Amendment No. 2 5730-1970*
1. In the Law of Return, 5710-1950**, the following sections shall be inserted after section 4:

4B. For the purposes of this Law, "Jew" means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion."​

The Law of return defines who can immigrate to Israel and be eligible for automatic citizenship. It is only partially based on Jewish law and custom. The idea was to provide a safe haven for people who had been persecuted for being Jewish ( by the Nazi's), even if they were not Jewish by Jewish law.

chair

The Torah made provision for Gentiles to convert to Judaism and even Christ's lineage had Ruth the Moabite and Rahab the Canaanite so it wouldn't be a 100%. I'll have to call Maury Povich to find out the correct percentile. He would definitely know.

There isn't a "correct percentile". It isn't strictly genetic.
Think of us as a nation or group of tribes. You can be born in it, or join it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Being Jewish goes by the mother's side. What tribe you belong to goes by the father's side.

What happens if a Jewish woman marries a Gentile?

Is the tribe lineage broken, or does the child go by the mother's tribe?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because it's the law.

The Law of Return
July 5, 1950

Amendment No. 2 5730-1970*
1. In the Law of Return, 5710-1950**, the following sections shall be inserted after section 4:

4B. For the purposes of this Law, "Jew" means a person who was born of a Jewish mother or has become converted to Judaism and who is not a member of another religion."​

The Talmud is not "the law".

The Talmud is contrary to the law of Moses.

Jesus called it a "tradition".

(Mark 7:13) Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Talmud is not "the law".

The Talmud is contrary to the law of Moses.

Jesus called it a "tradition".

(Mark 7:13) Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

I try to avoid you, most of the time... but you are as Anti-Semite as they come... I would waist my time with you, but I simply remember "this" and thus... I move on...

1) If you had the opportunity to stop a man from being beaten to death that you didn't know... but had to stab the person attacking them... would you?

2) If your mother and father were in front of you... and about to be brutalized and beaten to death by an attacker... all in front of you, and you had a gun to stop it... would you?

3) If you have a child and they were being beaten to death in front of you... and you had a gun.... would you use it?

4) If you had a 6 year old daughter and you caught a man about to violate and stab her... and you had to shoot him to stop it... would you?

5) If someone broke into your house while you were home and robbed you blind... would you let them?

"NO" to all of your questions.

I know it's not thread related... but you really don't care about anyone's well being or safety. Your kind of a joke!

"kind of" is "sarcastic"

If a Jewish woman marries and has children with a gentile man (regardless of whether or not he is a convert), the children will be Jewish, but have no Tribal or Biological lineage. They will simply be ben Avraham, similar to a convert. All children born to her daughters will also be Jewish, regardless of whether they were fathered by Jews or gentiles.

If a Jewish man marries and has children with a gentile woman who is not a convert, their children will be gentiles who legally cannot have a Tribal or Biological lineage.

If a Jewish man marries and has children with a gentile woman who is a convert, their children will be Jewish, and their sons will carry on their Father’s Tribal and Biological lineage.

Jewish women have no Tribal or Biological lineage. They are simply their father’s daughters until they become their husband’s wives. All lineage, both Tribal and Biological, are passed on exclusively from biological father to biological son.

Epoisses

I learned a long time ago that this topic generates endless debate and vitriol. Those who have faith in Christ are accepted while those who do not are rejected. The DNA doesn't even come into play except for those who trust in it. Paul's analogy in Galatians still holds true where Hagar and her children of the flesh are still in bondage to this very day. Earthly Jerusalem is calling her children home and Dispensational Christians belong to Hagar. The day of the Lord is fast approaching and nigh at hand, who will be able to stand?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;5038919 said:
Jewish women have no Tribal or Biological lineage.

The lineage of King David is traced back to Judah.

However, none of Judah's sons carried the tribal lineage. It was Tamar who slept with Judah and gave birth to Perez.

King David was a descendant of Perez.

So, how did Tamar carry the tribal lineage?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I learned a long time ago that this topic generates endless debate and vitriol. Those who have faith in Christ are accepted while those who do not are rejected. The DNA doesn't even come into play except for those who trust in it. Paul's analogy in Galatians still holds true where Hagar and her children of the flesh are still in bondage to this very day. Earthly Jerusalem is calling her children home and Dispensational Christians belong to Hagar. The day of the Lord is fast approaching and nigh at hand, who will be able to stand?

Paul also said the following about Jewish genealogies:

(1 Tim 1:4) or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God's work--which is by faith.

The lineage of King David is traced back to Judah.

However, none of Judah's sons carried the tribal lineage. It was Tamar who slept with Judah and gave birth to Perez.

King David was a descendant of Perez.

So, how did Tamar carry the tribal lineage?
As is stated in B’réshiyt 46:12, the sons of Y'hudah were Ér, Onan, Shélah, Peretz, and Zerah. Both Ér and Onan died childless. Therefore the Tribe of Y'hudah is made up of the descendants of Shélah, Peretz, and Zerah; which is is verified at B'mid'bar 26:20.

These three sons of Y'hudah are the progenitors of the Tribe of Y'hudah.

Tamar neither carried nor transferred anything, so I have no idea what point you are trying to make. As I stated before, women have no Tribal or Biological lineage.

Are you trying to deny that Peretz and Zerah are Y'hudah's sons?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;5040934 said:
Tamar neither carried nor transferred anything, so I have no idea what point you are trying to make. As I stated before, women have no Tribal or Biological lineage.

Tamar carried the lineage of Judah to King David

(Gen 49:10) The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Tamar gave birth to Perez. It is from the lineage of Perez that King David was born, thus keeping the sceptre with the lineage of Judah.

(Ruth 4:18-22) This, then, is the family line of Perez:

Perez was the father of Hezron,

19 Hezron the father of Ram,

Ram the father of Amminadab,

20 Amminadab the father of Nahshon,

Nahshon the father of Salmon,

21 Salmon the father of Boaz,

Boaz the father of Obed,

22 Obed the father of Jesse,

and Jesse the father of David.

Are you trying to deny that Peretz and Zerah are Y'hudah's sons?

The sceptre, and the tribal name, was passed down through Tamar to King David.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;5040934 said:
These three sons of Y'hudah are the progenitors of the Tribe of Y'hudah.

Tamar neither carried nor transferred anything

(Ruth 4:12) Through the offspring the Lord gives you by this young woman, may your family be like that of Perez, whom Tamar bore to Judah.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In addition to Tamar carrying the family line of Judah, along with the sceptre, Ruth the Moabite did the same thing with Boaz.

(Ruth 4:16-17) Then Naomi took the child in her arms and cared for him. 17 The women living there said, “Naomi has a son!” And they named him Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David.

So, as we have seen, two women (Tamar & Ruth) carried the lineage of Judah, along with the sceptre of Judah, to King David.

And, Ruth wasn't even an Israelite. She was a Moabite, a descendant of Lot and Lot's daughter.

The children born to Tamar were Peretz and Zerah, their father was Y'hudah.

It makes no difference who their mother was. Their father was Y'hudah, they were sons of Y'hudah. Their descendants, as well as the descendants of their older brother Shélah made up the Tribe of Y'hudah. Yes, David is a descendant of Peretz ben Y'hudah. Father to son.

Ruth was a gentile; which means she had to be a Legal convert, otherwise her children would have been gentiles with no Tribal affiliation. A marriage between a Jew and a non-Jew is not Legal.

As I mentioned before a child of a Jewish mother is biologically Jewish. However, if her husband is not a convert the marriage is not Legal, and therefore her children are not Legally Jewish. If a Jewish man has children with a gentile woman who is not a Legal convert, their children are gentiles. It’s really not that difficult.

It does not matter who a woman’s father, grandfather, great grandfather or anything else was, because all of her children are the biological descendants of the man who fathered them, exclusively. Women have no heritage of any kind.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;5040946 said:
The children born to Tamar were Peretz and Zerah, their father was Y'hudah.

It makes no difference who their mother was. Their father was Y'hudah, they were sons of Y'hudah. Their descendants, as well as the descendants of their older brother Shélah made up the Tribe of Y'hudah. Yes, David is a descendant of Peretz ben Y'hudah. Father to son.

Perez was not the firstborn to Judah, yet the sceptre passed from Judah to King David through Perez.

The first two sons died, and the next son Shelah was not the ancestor of King David.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yoḥanon-benYaʿăqov;5040956 said:
Ruth was a gentile; which means she had to be a Legal convert, otherwise her children would have been gentiles with no Tribal affiliation. A marriage between a Jew and a non-Jew is not Legal.

You do know that the word "Jew" didn't exist in the days of Ruth?