There is only 3.5 years of Tribulation.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Replacement Theology was "pushed" by Augustine of Hippo at the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. and became the "cornerstone" of the State Religion headed by Emperor Constantine. From "Replacement Theology" we eventually got the gassing and burning of 6 million Jews under "The Third Reich".

Check the world map. I believe that you will find that God is fulfilling prophecy in the fact that "Israel" exists since 1948 and over 1/2 of the Jews world-wide have already migrated there.
Can you find another part of the earth that is "on the front page" daily? Gee, I wonder why??

Try and explain how Gods Israel never ceased.

and how Gods Israel continued on in the world as the Christians.

Israel of the flesh is NOT Gods people.

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The Abomination in the endtimes is the incursion of the world into the churches including another king."

The reason why the man of sin sitting in the temple of God is metaphor in II Thessalonians 2: 3-4 is because of Acts 7: 48, I Corinthians 3: 16-17 and i Corinthians 6: 19. In the New Covenant period God does not dwell in temples made by human hands and the temple of God is now the Christians themselves.

Paul in II Thessalonians 2: 3-4 is talking about a spirit of heresy, or a spirit of anti-Christ taking over those who claim to be Christians when an apostasy.begins, translated as falling away. This apostasy, from the Greek αποστασια, apostasia, in II Thessalonians 2: 3, is what is meant by the prophecy of an abomination of desolation being set up during the time of the New Covenant, before the beginning of the tribulation period.

"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction." II Peter 2: 1

Yes.

II Peter 2: 1-3 does not say when this bringing in of heresies is to occur or whether it happens more than once.

One guy among those who are interested in the remnant is saying that Daniel 9: 27,"And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week..." refers not to Christ confirming the New Covenant, but to Isaiah 28: 15-18 "Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves: 16. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. 17. Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
18. And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it."

He has a point since Christ did not confirm the New Covenant just for one week. I will have to ask him if he means that this week as being the entire gospel era from the cross to the second coming applies to the multitude, but not to the remnant, especially not the end time remnant - because of Revelation 7: 1-8, Revelation 14:1-5 and Revelation 12: 15-17, and the doctrine of the remnant implied in Isaiah 10: 20-23, Romans 9: 27-28 and Romans 11: 1-5. When the multitude goes into false doctrines and practices, God raises up his remnant.

The latter confirming the covenant for 3.5 years is by Christ through his Bride. Rev.ch 14.

That is something to ponder on.

Isa 8:11 For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,
Isa 8:12 Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.
Isa 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
Isa 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Isa 8:15 And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
Isa 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
Isa 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.

LA

Ben Masada

Try and explain how Gods Israel never ceased.

and how Gods Israel continued on in the world as the Christians.

Israel of the flesh is NOT Gods people.

Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

LA

Pity Lazy Afternoon, you started this post of yours above very well but you contradicted it at the end by promoting the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Any teaching against circumcision of the flesh only points to the main theme of Paul who used to teach even to the Jews themselves to stop circumcising their own children. (Acts 21:21) If you read Genesis 17:19, you will see that the commandment of circumcision is supposed to be everlasting.

Ben Masada

"Replacement Theology was "pushed" by Augustine of Hippo at the Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. and became the "cornerstone" of the State Religion headed by Emperor Constantine. From "Replacement Theology" we eventually got the gassing and burning of 6 million Jews under "The Third Reich"."

The Marxist version of he Hegelian dialectic over-emphasizes opposites or the two sides of a conflict. The Nazi movement was in opposition in the thirties to the Marxist or Communist movement in Germany. The Communists were trying to bully the Germans, who were in some decadence during the Weimar Republic and after a while the Nazi Brownshirts began to bully the Communists and showed themselves to be tougher than them. In part, in the dialectic of exaggeration of differences in public perception, the Nazis observed that many Jewish people were behind the 1917 Communist Russian Revolution which led to the Marxists being in Germany in the twenties and thirties trying to take over Germany.

Under the Marxist version of the dialectic and of Marxist political correctness, it is politically incorrect to point out that one of the reasons why the Nazis were so opposed to the Jews was because of their role in the Russian Revolution. The Marxists were in Germany and opposing the Nazis who understood that many Jews had led the Marxist takeover of Russia, as Solzhenitsyn later confirmed.

To point this out is not necessarily being pro-Nazi or pro-Fascist but in the upside down world of political correctness it is fascist and racist to do so.

Right, Replacement Theology was promoted by Augustine of Hippo at the Council of Nicea in 325 ACE but originated with Paul since he founded Christianity in the city of Antioch if you read Acts 11;26.

northwye

"And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
6. O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel." Jeremiah 18: 4-6

"Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge, and under falsehood have we hid ourselves:
16. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.
17. Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place.
18. And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, then ye shall be trodden down by it. Isaiah 28: 15-18

"But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8. How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9. For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
10. For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
11. For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious." II Corinthians 3: 7-11

The covenant with death and hell,and the ministration of death were done away as II Corinthians 11 says, but Jeremiah 18: 1-6 says Israel in that taking away was remade, not replaced. Israel still exists and this is what we see in Haggai 2: 9, "The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts."

Old Covenant Israel was renewed or transformed in the remnant seen in Romans 11: 1-5.

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." Malachi 4: 5-6

This is the spirit of Elijah.

Elijah told God In I Kings 19: 5, 8-10 that he believed he, Elijah, was the only one left, and the minions of Jezebel were out to kill him too.

But God answered Elijah in I Kings 19: 18, "Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him."

Paul quotes I Kings 19: 18 in Romans 11: 4, and in Romans 11: 5 Paul says "Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Elijah was, at that time, one of the remnant, and Paul associates him with the remnant of Israel.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pity Lazy Afternoon, you started this post of yours above very well but you contradicted it at the end by promoting the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Any teaching against circumcision of the flesh only points to the main theme of Paul who used to teach even to the Jews themselves to stop circumcising their own children. (Acts 21:21) If you read Genesis 17:19, you will see that the commandment of circumcision is supposed to be everlasting.

Rom 2:26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?
Rom 2:27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?
Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(from the AOD onward)

Do not let anyone tell you that any period of 7 years exists in the NT.

They will try because men taught them who heard it from other men and so on.(followers of men)

There are 3.5 years of tribulation at the end of which Christ returns and pours out 30 days of the vials of wrath followed by 45 days of preparation for the Holy City to be established.

Daniel said so--

Dan 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
Dan 12:10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
Dan 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

LA

Information for the seekers--

Mat 24:6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

The above verses agree with the seals timeline---

Rev 6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
Rev 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
Rev 6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
Rev 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
Rev 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

These verses--

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

They refer to the time after the resurrection when the vials are poured out.

LA

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The key question is who is "he" in Daniel 9:27, who confirms the covenant, in the midst of the week shall cause the sacrifice to cease...The most likely "he" is the Messiah...
The Jews will discover after 3 1/2 years that they'd been duped. After 3 1/2 years all hell breaks loose. If you read this after the rapture that should provide you some comfort.

See:

Vatican plot third temple