There is no "Popular Vote" winner.

Alate_One

I'm not counting the one or two nations we strongarmed into helping. Stronger friendly nations told us it was a mistake, and they were right.

they weren't involved in the attack on pearl harbor either

so what?
Nobody claimed they were part of pearl harbor, but there were attempts to link Iraq to 911.

it was an effective removal of a brutal dictator who was destabilizing the region
He was a brutal dictator, but removing him destabilized the region, ultimately resulting in ISIS among other problems.

Alate_One

here's the projected GDP

lucky for us it's been going down all through bammy's eight years of disaster, eh?
GDP growth? Uhh no. Do you have problems with graph reading? When the line goes towards higher numbers, that means it's going UP.

We're simply not growing as fast as China, which shouldn't be surprising since china has over Four TIMES our population. And most of those people are just starting to have decent purchasing power. That means huge untapped market and crazy growth are possible. The USA is a mature market with low population growth, it's virtually impossible for us to match China's growth or eventual GDP.

That's just math so no matter what Mr. Trump says, he can't change the math. And reducing immigration actually makes the problem worse, because our natural population growth (birth rate) is quite low.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
GDP growth? Uhh no. Do you have problems with graph reading? When the line goes towards higher numbers, that means it's going UP.

looks like sarcasm is lost on you :idunno:

ala said:
We're simply not growing as fast as China

right, and we haven't been for the last eight years

kinda dopey to blame trump for something that's been in play during the whole of bammy's embarrassment of a presidency

Alate_One

looks like sarcasm is lost on you :idunno:
With you, it's hard to tell. :p

right, and we haven't been for the last eight years

kinda dopey to blame trump for something that's been in play during the whole of bammy's embarrassment of a presidency
I'm not blaming him for the overall trend, I'm saying he won't be able to reverse it. Considering he ran on "Make America Great Again", he's going to preside over its decline. The only policies he's put forward will make it worse.

fool

Hall of Fame
It's called strong arming, by a bully. There's a difference between leadership and throwing your weight around to get what benefits you personally. But I guess you couldn't tell the difference since you voted for him.
Now he's our strong arm bully throwing his weight around for us.

Obama was 47 when he was elected and is now 55. Trump is 70. What has Trump done with those same years Obama had with all of this wealth and power Trump supposedly had. He's got an extra 15 years on Obama, what has he done with them?
Built a gold skyscraper with his name on it among other things.
Building golf courses isn't leadership, certainly not of the people.
It's leadership of people that want to build golf courses.
I can grab at least a dozen other similarly rich Americans that have done more for this country than Trump without holding elected office.
Great! Trot them out next election.

The US has long been a declining power. Trump isn't going to change that trajectory, he's going to accelerate it because his ideas are rooted in the past and he's in denial about real solutions. China will likely overtake the USA as the most powerful nation within Trump's tenure. When you abdicate international leadership, someone else will take your place.
He's doing the opposite of abdicate. There's a new Sheriff in town.

I'm not moving anywhere, not unless Trump and his family actually do create a dictatorship. If it's necessary I have family in Canada. But I intend to stay fight his idiocy because too many people cannot leave and will suffer under him. Maybe you should consider moving to Russia. I hear they have a strong leader and Trump thinks it's great.
I've got my own strong leader right here thank you.

Alate_One

He's doing the opposite of abdicate. There's a new Sheriff in town.
He's looking to remove himself from the Paris climate agreement and potentially leave or damage the UN. That's abdicating leadership.

I've got my own strong leader right here thank you.
You've given the country a Demagogue, not a "strong leader".

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You've given the country a Demagogue, not a "strong leader".

Nonsense. Liberal propaganda is something that only sheepy minds could consider to be anything more than rank crap. Every Hillary ad I saw reminded me of how simple society is.

ClimateSanity

One man's strong leader is the next man's demagogue. It all depends on your values. To trump, the UN is an evil institution. I don't believe he against an institution where global issues are discussed; he just wants it to uphold the values he believes are right.

Alate_One

One man's strong leader is the next man's demagogue. It all depends on your values. To trump, the UN is an evil institution. I don't believe he against an institution where global issues are discussed; he just wants it to uphold the values he believes are right.
Trump has values? :idunno:

ClimateSanity

I note you didn't articulate any of them.

It would probably be easier to discuss an issue involving trump that was not negative and I could intuit what I feel the values he has that drive his choices in the matter.

I feel one of his values is the virtue of hard work; especially the kind that is manual and back breaking and involves little intellectual prowess.

I'm not saying he upholds it spectacularly but that he values that greatly over other virtues in people.

ClimateSanity

And despite his womanizing ways and objectification of women, I believe he values the nuclear family and greatly admires families with many children and a closeness that extends beyond the nuclear. I'm not saying he practices it well; I'm saying he values it for a society more than many other possible values.

Alate_One

It would probably be easier to discuss an issue involving trump that was not negative and I could intuit what I feel the values he has that drive his choices in the matter.

I feel one of his values is the virtue of hard work; especially the kind that is manual and back breaking and involves little intellectual prowess.

I'm not saying he upholds it spectacularly but that he values that greatly over other virtues in people.

I think he believes people that are rich are naturally better than other people. Not that they work harder.

Alate_One

And despite his womanizing ways and objectification of women, I believe he values the nuclear family and greatly admires families with many children and a closeness that extends beyond the nuclear. I'm not saying he practices it well; I'm saying he values it for a society more than many other possible values.
Since you readily admit he doesn't practice it, do you have evidence for your assertion?

ClimateSanity

AlateOne says " I think he believes people that are rich are naturally better than other people. Not that they work harder."

That's his huge ego that helped him get where he is today.

I think he has grown since then. I would be surprised if really still believed that from the bottom of his heart.

Another thing to remember:. He has always enjoyed being flamboyant and making extravagant claims to draw attention to himself. He may never have actually believed it if you got him in a psychologist office.