There is no Hell

Ben Masada

Many times God and Christ say keep the laws. Faith is also accounted to a person. Paul was speaking to the Gentiles about the importance of faith.

Faith without the Law is as good as a body without the breath of life. DEAD if you know what I mean... and what James meant by the way. (James 2:26)

Ben Masada

lol. are you saying you always uphold the law? Then for what reason was Christ crucified?

Do you know what was written on that plate nailed on the top of Jesus' cross? INRI. That's the reason why he was crucified. Because he was being acclaimed king of the Jews at the entrance of Jerusalem by his own disciples. The verdict was insurrection because Jerusalem at that time was a Roman province and any acclamation of kingship by a local would be taken as insurrection. But Paul came in about 30 years later and added his own gospel with the intent to blame the Jews for the crucifixion. (Luke 19:37-40)

Ben Masada

thats kind of a bummer, since we find out in Romans that the point of the law was to show humanity that no one can actually uphold the law.

Hey Ananomyx, do you believe that HaShem is omniscient and omnipotent? I take that you do. Do you think that He would be stupid as a man to dictate a Decalogue of laws if He knew that man could uphold the Law as perfectly as the Lord Himself? I don't think so. So, now you justify Paul for preaching a gospel of freedom from the Law because we sometimes break one or two? Absolutely not! That's why the Lord commanded His Prophets to remind every one that whenever we wish to set things right with the Lord so that our sins from scarlet red become as white as snow, all we have to do is to repent of our ways and return to the obedience of the Law. (Isa. 1:18,19)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Those who claim that the wicked will live forever (in hell) are on the side of murderers and child rapers.

Those who believe the Bible believe that the wicked will be destroyed just as Jesus Christ said.

He said they would depart into eternal punishment.

They are stood before Him, He curses them, He tells them to depart, they do depart.

Where is the annihilation?

rstrats

Timotheos,
re: "The second reason that I do not believe that the wicked will be endlessly tortured is that I do not believe that God is a torturer."

And certanly not 24/7 for eternity because for some reason they didn't or couldn't meet certain requirements and didn't develop or have the potential to develop the right character needed to spend eternity with the supreme being.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Not-this-again.png

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
give a rest timmy, ya big whiny baby

Rev 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and
he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone
in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and
they have no rest day nor night
who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Timmy said:
waahhhhhh! that's not faaaaiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrr!!!! :baby:

Right Divider

Body part
No, they are destroyed.

Can you tell me how you managed to read "they go unpunished" into "they will be destroyed"? Being destroyed is the exact opposite of "going unpunished".
Destroy does NOT mean disappear. You are confusing two different things. Being taken out of existence is hardy punishment.