The verses dispys misinterpret--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
to suit their carnal mind.

You the reader can watch as the false pre-trib rapture is pushed later and later to suit world events.

but for now--

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Gen 17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Gen 17:3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
Gen 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Gen 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
Gen 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Gen 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

Paul explained how this seed refers to Christ--

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Now God switches to the flesh descendants of Abraham---

Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Gen 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
Gen 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

There is no future covenant with the flesh of Abraham, other than the same covenant inaugurated by the blood of Christ.

The covenant is now in effect since the cross and those who claim to not be in that one covenant, probably are not and therefore still in their sins.

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

lA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Be warned - Lazy is known to shut a thread down that she has started just so she can have the last word.

What a character :chuckle:

That is a lie.

Would you like me to post the evil worded posts you and others made in it?

You can not answer the OP so you continue in the same way that you did in the other thread.

The OP shows the Dispys misuse of scripture, and the false prophets who preach that the Christians are not the Bride of Christ but a select number of Jews, will never know the discipline or the reward of the true Bride.

LA

Danoh

That is a lie.

You can not answer the OP so you continue in the same way that you did in the other thread.

The OP shows the Dispys misuse of scripture, and the false prophets who preach that the Christians are not the Bride of Christ but a select number of Jews, will never know the discipline or the reward of the true Bride.

LA

No, the OP does not prove your assertion.

Rather; your incompetence at your task.

You perceive a "one size fits all" which you then conclude is the case as to those passages.

We've been down this road before.

And calling your result the result of your incompetence is not an evil, anymore than your inistence the Dispy is misusing Scripture is.

That is just your opinion and visa versa.

Fact is; if you insist on being either direct or derisive or both; you ought to be willing to be just as insistent on your being willing to suffer the same in kind.

Interplanner

It would be better to have a thread like this in ECT where the underlying agreement is the authority of the Word. Out here, everything is an authority.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No, the OP does not prove your assertion.

Rather; your incompetence at your task.

You perceive a "one size fits all" which you then conclude is the case as to those passages.

We've been down this road before.

And calling your result the result of your incompetence is not an evil, anymore than your inistence the Dispy is misusing Scripture is.

That is just your opinion and visa versa.

Fact is; if you insist on being either direct or derisive or both; you ought to be willing to be just as insistent on your being willing to suffer the same in kind.

Stay off of that LA Freeway, it's always congested with false doctrine and accusation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That is a lie.

LA

You live for making accusations, don't ya? Without your accusations you'd have no reason to go on would ya?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
to suit their carnal mind.

You the reader can watch as the false pre-trib rapture is pushed later and later to suit world events.

but for now--

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
Gen 17:2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
Gen 17:3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
Gen 17:4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
Gen 17:5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
Gen 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Gen 17:7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
Gen 17:8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.
Gen 17:9 And God said unto Abraham, Thou shalt keep my covenant therefore, thou, and thy seed after thee in their generations.

Paul explained how this seed refers to Christ--

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Now God switches to the flesh descendants of Abraham---

Gen 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Gen 17:11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you.
Gen 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.
Gen 17:13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

There is no future covenant with the flesh of Abraham, other than the same covenant inaugurated by the blood of Christ.

The covenant is now in effect since the cross and those who claim to not be in that one covenant, probably are not and therefore still in their sins.

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

lA

And, your point being??

beameup

There is no point to the original post.

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, if ye have heard of the DISPENSATION of the Grace of God which is given me to you-ward: how that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery - Ephesians 3:1-3

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A Dispensationalist believes that God chooses different periods of time to deal with humanity as He sees fit. Right now, we live in the "Dispensation of Grace." A period of time that God is offering humanity an opportunity to hear His Gospel and receive His Grace through our faith in Christ as our Savior. The Jews and Gentiles both have access to God's Grace through the finished work of Jesus Christ. The Dispensation of Grace will end someday. Romans 11:25 "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." After the "Fullness of the Gentiles" comes into the Body of Christ, the blindness of Israel will be removed. Christ will, at some time return to earth and sit on the throne of David and reign for a thousand years. Two thousand years ago there were two messages being preached. The "Kingdom Message" was being preached to the House of Israel (the lost sheep) by the Lord Jesus Christ and after His DBR His Disciples continued to preach the "Kingdom Message." Paul was met on the road to Damascus and subsequently given the "Grace Message," that he was to take to the Gentiles. The Gentiles knew nothing about the Law or anything else concerning the House of Israel. They were never under the Law. Paul preached to them that, they could be saved through placing their faith in Christ as their Savior without works. Abraham was a Gentile and lived by faith himself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Years ago she was in a "Prediction Mode" and told me, in no uncertain terms, that I would be "beheaded." Making it nearly impossible for me to wear a hat or shave. So, I played it safe and for weeks, refused to shave, just in case her prediction came to pass.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
LA seems to have some sort of vendetta against old GM. She can see nothing positive about my existence here on TOL or on this earth, as well. Why she feel this way, is anybody's guess? Frankly, I don't see her problem with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.