The Three Requirements for Salvation

beloved57

There are three requirements for salvation, without them no one can be saved.

1. FAITH.

Not faith in a doctrine or in a religion. Saving faith is always faith in the work and the person of Jesus Christ. What you believe about Jesus could determine where you will spend eternity. Jesus said, "Unless you believe that I am "HE" You will die in your sins" John 8:24. What Jesus meant by this is that unless you believe that I am God you will die in your sins.

Only God can turn water into wine. Only God can heal the sick, feed 5000, raise the dead, walk on water and do a multitude of other miracles. It is not possible to have saving faith in a man. Jesus was not just a man, he was the Godman, and he is able to save to the uttermost, Hebrews 7:25. Faith in the work and person of Jesus Christ is imperative to the salvation of ones soul.

2. A LIFE OF PERFECT OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S HOLY LAW.

This is what God requires for your salvation. The problem is that no one has it to offer because we all fall short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. There is only one that can meet this requirement. There is only one that can meet all of the demands of God's Holy Law. There is only one that heard the voice from heaven say, "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased" Matthew 3:17. Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. Paul said, "But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested" Romans 3:21. The life of Jesus was lived for us, in our name and on our behalf. It was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

3. A PERFECT AND COMPLETE ATONEMENT FOR SINS.

If Jesus had not perfectly fulfilled God's Holy Law he would not have been able to atone for our sins and the sins of the whole world. God only accepts a sinless sacrifice for the sins of man. A Lamb without spot or blemish, 1 Peter 1:19. "For he has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21. It was at the cross where sin, death and the devil were defeated. When Jesus walked out of Joseph's new tomb a new humanity walked out with him. God now sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20. This is why Paul wrote, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation" 2 Corinthians 5:17. Not re-habilitated. A new creation. God and his Son like new things, a new humanity, a new heaven and a new earth.

Salvation by works message. Faith / Believing is a act man does, which makes it a work !

beloved57

pate

Anyone can pick apart anothers beliefs, which you apparently enjoy doing.

What I have said in the opening post stands. I retract nothing. All you have done is elaborate upon what I have already said.

Salvation in the New Testament means deliverance from sin. Jesus victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so made salvation available to all who do nothing more than call upon his name, Romans 10:13. Repentance is not the Gospel, repentance is the results of the Gospel. Those who hear and believe the Gospel receive the Holy Spirit, it is the Spirit working in the life of the believer that brings repentance.

A false message of Salvation by works. Also the bible says nothing about Jesus making Salvation available to all who do nothing more than call upon His Name ! Thats a lie !

Krsto

What I have said in the opening post stands. I retract nothing. All you have done is elaborate upon what I have already said.

Salvation in the New Testament means deliverance from sin. Jesus victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so made salvation available to all who do nothing more than call upon his name, Romans 10:13. Repentance is not the Gospel, repentance is the results of the Gospel. Those who hear and believe the Gospel receive the Holy Spirit, it is the Spirit working in the life of the believer that brings repentance.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you believe that if a person does not believe that Jesus is God he will end up in hell forever?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you believe that if a person does not believe that Jesus is God he will end up in hell forever?[/QUOTE]

The scripture plainly says, "Unless you believe that I am he (God) you will die in your sins" John 8:24. Right out of the mouth of Jesus.

Salvation is and always will be and always has been by faith. Saving faith is always faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ. A sinner cannot save you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I had trouble understanding your post.
I'm not sure why. I thought it was pretty straightforward.

Line out your questions:

etc...
I hate pulling them out of the context that I asked them. They're all right there together. They seem simple to answer. Give it a go?

1 John 1:9 KJV says "confess your sins" and I can assure you, this has nothing to do with you. I could go into 1 John 1:9 KJV if you like, but I'm curious as to why you believe you need to confess something God already forgave you for? Don't you believe you are forgiven all trespasses as Paul preached (Colossians 2:13 KJV)?? What happens if you don't confess?

That's not what the law teaches, dear James 2:10 KJV. Would you be relieved if I told you, that you are not under the law (Romans 3:21-22 KJV)?

OCTOBER23

ROBERT PATE - Good effort Robert.

JESUS WENT AROUND DOING GOOD AND HEALING PEOPLE

GO AND DO THE SAME AND YOU WILL LIVE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

KEEP THE FEASTS BECAUSE

THE END IS NEAR.

Ben Masada

1 - There are three requirements for salvation, without them no one can be saved. 1. FAITH; 2 . A LIFE OF PERFECT OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S HOLY LAW; and 3 . A PERFECT AND COMPLETE ATONEMENT FOR SINS.

1 - All the requirements mentioned above are unnecessary and irrelevant. Faith, for instance, there is no merit in believing by faith but by sight which means with understanding. To believe by faith is to believe in the dark. (II Cor. 5:7) We were born with Freewill and not constructed as a robot. We must wish to do something in order to get it done.

2 - A life of perfect obedience to God's Holy Law is indeed something to aim for but not to be demanded as a perfect act from an imperfect being. "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." (Eccles. 7:20) It means we cannot be required perfection.

3 - Now, as perfect and complete atonement for sins is concerned, that can't be either. Complete atonement for sins will mess up with the way of man's Freewill and neutralize another Divine attribute granted by the Lord to man. It's called Intellect. Creation would lose the sense of the Divine purpose. Theology can be sometimes a little complicated if we lose the track of Logic.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
To believe by faith is to believe in the dark.

Have you seen the Most High or do just not believe in him?

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6 NKJV)​

No faith, no God.

Robert Pate

Banned
1 - All the requirements mentioned above are unnecessary and irrelevant. Faith, for instance, there is no merit in believing by faith but by sight which means with understanding. To believe by faith is to believe in the dark. (II Cor. 5:7) We were born with Freewill and not constructed as a robot. We must wish to do something in order to get it done.

2 - A life of perfect obedience to God's Holy Law is indeed something to aim for but not to be demanded as a perfect act from an imperfect being. "There has never been a man upon earth to have done only good and never sinned." (Eccles. 7:20) It means we cannot be required perfection.

3 - Now, as perfect and complete atonement for sins is concerned, that can't be either. Complete atonement for sins will mess up with the way of man's Freewill and neutralize another Divine attribute granted by the Lord to man. It's called Intellect. Creation would lose the sense of the Divine purpose. Theology can be sometimes a little complicated if we lose the track of Logic.

All that you are striving for in your Jewish religion has already been acheived for you in the doing and the dying of Jesus. This is why Paul told the Colossians that they were complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

beloved57

All that you are striving for in your Jewish religion has already been acheived for you in the doing and the dying of Jesus. This is why Paul told the Colossians that they were complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

You teach that People who are complete in Christ, die in their sins in unbelief !

Robert Pate

Banned
Nowhere in the Bible does it say that he did.

The gospel of the kingdom is only mentioned in Matthew and Mark.

Paul did mention the Kingdom Gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28.

Jesus will give the Kingdom to the Father when he has destroyed the last enemy which is death.