The Teachings of Jesus

Robert Pate

Banned
If after reading the "Sermon on the Mount" you don't see yourself as a sinner, then you are spiritually dead and without hope.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus was a teacher of the law.

The purpose of the law is to reveal the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

Yes, Jesus was a minister of the circumcision, however his teachings are also for Gentiles. His words are Spirit and truth for everyone. He is the international savior.

Are you offended by his teachings?
You said, Jesus is telling us...". No, He wasn't. He was sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV). He was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV). He was not talking TO us!

And no, I'm not "offended by his teachings". I recognize that while all of the Bible is FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV). It's not all written to us. Paul wrote that which is TO us (Romans 11:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
If you try to define WHOSOEVER as being just Jews, then it is no longer whosoever.
LOL. The whosoever is qualified by whom salvation was sent at that time (John 4:22 KJV) and obviously to whom the Lord was sent while on earth (Matthew 15:24 KJV, Romans 15:8 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
If after reading the "Sermon on the Mount" you don't see yourself as a sinner, then you are spiritually dead and without hope.
As long as the Body of Christ is still here, the lost have hope (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), but yes, there is an urgency. Men need to hear the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that they can trust the Lord believing it and be saved!

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Interesting statement but, myself for instance, every time I read the "Sermon of the Mount", I see myself as the light of the world. As you know, I hope, Jesus delivered that sermon of his to the Jews. To a crowd of Jews and, addressing himself to them he said, "You are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14) Of course, that was not original as he was confirming Prophet Isaiah in 42:6 where we have that the Jews had been assigned as light unto the Gentiles.

Ben Masada

So you just "pluck" a verse here-and-there, throw it in a blender and voila you have your "theology of Ben".

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know ME, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Black]You remain under God's curse, as Messiah hasn't returned

Whom is the Lord talking about in this post of yours above, the Gentiles or the Jews? If the Jews, I agree with you. So, what is your point? If it is the Gentiles, read Matthew 10:5,6. Jesus didn't like Gentiles. He even forbade his disciples to take the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles. I don't agree with him but, what are you going to do? It is in your NT. I wonder about him if what the NT says here about him is true because Isaiah was Godly inspired to say that the Jews had been assigned as light unto the Gentiles. (Isaiah 42:6)

beameup

Whom is the Lord talking about in this post of yours above, the Gentiles or the Jews? If the Jews, I agree with you. So, what is your point?

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob [Jews/Israel], saith the LORD. - Isaiah 59:20

Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place [Israel], and I will cause them to dwell safely: And they shall be my people, and I will be their God: And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. - Jeremiah 32:37-40

Ben Masada

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob [Jews/Israel], saith the LORD. - Isaiah 59:20

Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place [Israel], and I will cause them to dwell safely: And they shall be my people, and I will be their God: And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them: And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me. - Jeremiah 32:37-40

The whole text in this post of yours is about the return of the Jews from the 70 years of exile in Babylon. The Redeemer coming to Zion is HaShem Himself aka the Everlasting Righteousness of Daniel 9:24. The Redeemer is according to Isaiah 43:1,3.

beameup

The whole text in this post of yours is about the return of the Jews from the 70 years of exile in Babylon. The Redeemer coming to Zion is HaShem Himself aka the Everlasting Righteousness of Daniel 9:24. The Redeemer is according to Isaiah 43:1,3.

Again, you "skim-over" the key words in this prophetic passage: "everlasting" and "forever". Israel ceased to exist from 70 A.D. to 1948 A.D. Israel today is mostly secular, agnostic and atheistic. This prophecy has never been fulfilled.

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. - Daniel 7:13-14

Robert Pate

Banned
Interesting statement but, myself for instance, every time I read the "Sermon of the Mount", I see myself as the light of the world. As you know, I hope, Jesus delivered that sermon of his to the Jews. To a crowd of Jews and, addressing himself to them he said, "You are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14) Of course, that was not original as he was confirming Prophet Isaiah in 42:6 where we have that the Jews had been assigned as light unto the Gentiles.

The Jews were supposed to be the light of the world because it was to them that the law and the Gospel was given. But they rejected their Messiah and the Gospel was given to Paul and the other apostles who took the Gospel to the heathen.

You have missed your calling. You should be a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, instead you are a teacher of the law that no longer exist. Hebrews 8:6-13.

beloved57

You said, Jesus is telling us...". No, He wasn't. He was sent, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24 KJV). He was a minister of the circumcision to confirm the promises made unto the fathers (Romans 15:8 KJV). He was not talking TO us!

And no, I'm not "offended by his teachings". I recognize that while all of the Bible is FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV). It's not all written to us. Paul wrote that which is TO us (Romans 11:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

Jesus was sent to save the world Jn 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He came to seek and to save that which was lost Lk 19:10,

That doesn't apply to only etnic jews

Ben Masada

Again, you "skim-over" the key words in this prophetic passage: "everlasting" and "forever". Israel ceased to exist from 70 A.D. to 1948 A.D. Israel today is mostly secular, agnostic and atheistic. This prophecy has never been fulfilled.

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. - Daniel 7:13-14

"Everlasting" is only a stronger word than "forever" but the basic meaning is the same. Israel today is the same as the Israel of Ezekiel 37:22 aka the fulfillment of the prophecy of the "Dry Bones" and the two sticks as one in the hand of HaShem. (Ezekiel 37:11,12) Any claim of the opposite is a promotion of the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology.

Ben Masada

The Jews were supposed to be the light of the world because it was to them that the law and the Gospel was given. But they rejected their Messiah and the Gospel was given to Paul and the other apostles who took the Gospel to the heathen.

You have missed your calling. You should be a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, instead you are a teacher of the law that no longer exist. Hebrews 8:6-13.

Can't you see I am exercising my nomination as light to the Gentiles right here in this forum? Just don't say "The Jews were supposed to be and they are not." I don't reject our Messiah because it would be akin to rejecting our own selves. If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel the Son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23) "Israel is My son," said the Lord.

The gospel that was given to Paul was his own Hellenistic gospel he made it up himself and he never decided to take it to the world as he preached almost only among the Jews since his first station in Damascus and until his last one in Rome.
(Acts 9:1,2 and 28:17)

The gospel of Jesus was taken by Peter to the world and many Jews were converted from among the Gentiles. Hence, the Sect of the Nazarenes. (Acts 15:5) Every time you claim that the Law no longer exists, you are making of Jesus a liar because he himself said that until heavens and earth passed away, the Law would never cease to exist. (Mat. 5:17-19) And he continued with his teaching that salvation from hell-fire would come only by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Robert Pate

Banned
Can't you see I am exercising my nomination as light to the Gentiles right here in this forum? Just don't say "The Jews were supposed to be and they are not." I don't reject our Messiah because it would be akin to rejecting our own selves. If you read Prophet Habakkuk 3:13, "The Lord goes forth to save His People; to save His Anointed One." That's what Messiah is, the Anointed One of the Lord aka the Son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23)

The gospel that was given to Paul was his own Hellenistic gospel and he never decided to take it to the world. The gospel of Jesus was taken by Peter to the world and many Jews were converted from among the Gentiles. Hence, the Sect of the Nazarenes. Every time you claim that the Law no longer exist, you make of Jesus a liar because he himself said that until heavens and earth pass away, the Law would never cease to exist. (Mat. 5:17-19) And he continued with his teaching that salvation from hell-fire would come only by listening to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)

Jesus proved that he was the Messiah by the miracles that he did. How can you deny them? Do you really believe that people fabricated them? Why would they do that?

The Messiah that you are waiting for is the anti-Christ that will deceive billions.

The purpose of the law is to show us that we need a savior. It is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ.

Ben Masada

Jesus proved that he was the Messiah by the miracles that he did. How can you deny them? Do you really believe that people fabricated them? Why would they do that?

The Messiah that you are waiting for is the anti-Christ that will deceive billions.

The purpose of the law is to show us that we need a savior. It is our schoolmaster that brings us to Christ.

Miracles do not define the Messiah. No one made more miracles than Prophet Elisha and, one never called him the Messiah. Besides, you did not read the quote just above in which I mentioned Prophet Habakkuk 3:13 about the Anointed One of the Lord aka Israel, the Son of God. (Exodus 4:22,23)

We no longer wait for the Messiah. He was confirmed as returned to the Land of Israel in 1948 when the Third Commonwealth was proclaimed according to Ezekiel 37:22. Since "anointed one" means the Messiah, the Antichrist is rather the one who raises persecutions against Israel. We have lost millions of our People throughout the world by means of pogroms, blood libels, Crusades, Inquisition and the Holocaust. That's the work of the Antichrist.

Jesus himself said that what brings us salvation is to listen to "Moses" aka the Law. (Luke 16:29-31)