The Teachings of Jesus

Robert Pate

Banned
Some will say, "I don't need all of that sophisticated theology. I just follow the teachings of Jesus".

Let's look at some of the teachings of Jesus from the "Sermon on the Mount".

"But let your communication be, yea, yea: nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these is evil", Matthew 5:37.

EXAMPLE: Jesus is telling us to shut up and sit down. How many can answer with just a yes or a no?

"But I say to you, that you do not resist evil: but whosoever shall smite you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also" Matthew 5:29.

EXAMPLE: If someone robs you don't resist. If they smash you on the right side of your face don't resist. Instead turn your left cheek so they can smash you again.

"If any man will sue you at the law and take away your coat, let him have your cloak also" Matthew 5:40.

EXAMPLE: Someone takes you to court and wins the law suit against you. The judgment is for $5,000. Give them the $5,000 and add $10,000 more.

"And whosoever shall compel you to go a mile, go with him twice as far" Matthew 5:41.

EXAMPLE: You give a friend a ride to the airport. When you get to the airport he changes his mind about flying to his destination and wants you to drive him there.

"Give to him that asks of you and from him that would borrow of you do not turn away" Matthew 5:42.

EXAMPLE: Your neighbor borrows your lawn mower. You ask him to return it. He informs you that he has decided to keep it.

"You have heard that it has been said, "Thou shall love your neighbor" and hate your enemy" Matthew 5:43.

EXAMPLE: That neighbor that stole your lawn mower is not your enemy. Go next door and tell him that you love him.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you" Matthew 5:44.

EXAMPLE: Your enemy comes over to your house and spits in your face and curses you. You invite him in for dinner and pray for him.

Jesus was not a hypocrite. All that he taught he did. Even as they were driving spikes into his hands and his feet he was praying for their forgiveness. Would you be able to do the same?

Bradley D

"But let your communication be, yea, yea: nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these is evil", Matthew 5:37.

This deals with making oaths/promises. One should not make a promise because one never knows what will happen tomorrow. If I believe I can do something I may say yes. But if something comes up and I cannot do what I said yes too. It would not be a broken promise.

Robert Pate

Banned
This deals with making oaths/promises. One should not make a promise because one never knows what will happen tomorrow. If I believe I can do something I may say yes. But if something comes up and I cannot do what I said yes too. It would not be a broken promise.

Man's vows, oaths, promises are worthless. God's promises are like gold, they last forever. All of the promises that God made to Israel were fulfilled in Jesus Christ, but they were to blind to see it.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He was not talking to us in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John! He was a minister of the circumcision (Romans 15:8 KJV).

Therefore receive one another just as Christ also received us to the glory of God. Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written: “For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles and sing to Your name.”
(Romans 15:7-9)​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Therefore receive one another just as Christ also received us to the glory of God. Now I say that Jesus Christ has become a servant to the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made to the fathers and that the Gentiles might glorify God for His mercy, as it is written: “For this reason I will confess to You among the Gentiles and sing to Your name.”
(Romans 15:7-9)​
Who was He sent, but unto in M, M, L or John? It's clear! Matthew 15:24 KJV! Believe it!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who was He sent, but unto in M, M, L or John? It's clear! Matthew 15:24 KJV! Believe it!

John said, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:14-15)

Jesus was sent to the Father's firstborn son so that anyone who chooses to become a part of the Father's son can do so through the Father's Son.

heir

TOL Subscriber
John said, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:14-15)
Israel is the whosoever (John 3:16 KJV) as in Isaiah 9:6 KJV. Gentiles such as we were at that time (time past) having NO HOPE and without God in the world! The Lord's earthly ministry (Matthew 20:28 KJV) was NOT TO US (Romans 5:6 KJV, Romans 6:8 KJV, Romans 5:10 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel is the whosoever (John 3:16 KJV) as in Isaiah 9:6 KJV. Gentiles such as we were at that time (time past) having NO HOPE and without God in the world! The Lord's earthly ministry (Matthew 20:28 KJV) was NOT TO US (Romans 5:6 KJV, Romans 6:8 KJV, Romans 5:10 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV)!

Jesus was sent to the Father's firstborn son so that anyone who chooses to become a part of the Father's son can do so through the Father's Son.

Ben Masada

Some will say, "I don't need all of that sophisticated theology. I just follow the teachings of Jesus".

Let's look at some of the teachings of Jesus from the "Sermon on the Mount".

EXAMPLE: Jesus is telling us to shut up and sit down. How many can answer with just a yes or a no?

"But I say to you, that you do not resist evil: but whosoever shall smite you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also" Matthew 5:29.

EXAMPLE: If someone robs you don't resist. If they smash you on the right side of your face don't resist. Instead turn your left cheek so they can smash you again.

"If any man will sue you at the law and take away your coat, let him have your cloak also" Matthew 5:40.

EXAMPLE: Someone takes you to court and wins the law suit against you. The judgment is for $5,000. Give them the $5,000 and add $10,000 more.

"And whosoever shall compel you to go a mile, go with him twice as far" Matthew 5:41.

EXAMPLE: You give a friend a ride to the airport. When you get to the airport he changes his mind about flying to his destination and wants you to drive him there.

"Give to him that asks of you and from him that would borrow of you do not turn away" Matthew 5:42.

EXAMPLE: Your neighbor borrows your lawn mower. You ask him to return it. He informs you that he has decided to keep it.

"You have heard that it has been said, "Thou shall love your neighbor" and hate your enemy" Matthew 5:43.

EXAMPLE: That neighbor that stole your lawn mower is not your enemy. Go next door and tell him that you love him.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you" Matthew 5:44.

EXAMPLE: Your enemy comes over to your house and spits in your face and curses you. You invite him in for dinner and pray for him.

Jesus was not a hypocrite. All that he taught he did. Even as they were driving spikes into his hands and his feet he was praying for their forgiveness. Would you be able to do the same?

Throughout this long post of yours about the things Jesus taught I looked for Luke 16:29-31 and I didn't find. Why? Does it mean you are implying that either Jesus lied to say that we must listen to "Moses" aka the Law or those who wrote Luke 16:29-31 were themselves lying?

Ben Masada

Okay Jamie, you are on the right direction. The Father's firstborn Son is Israel. The Lord Almighty says: "Israel is My Son; let My Son go that he may serve Me." (Exodus 4:22,23) If you are serious about becoming part of the Father's firstborn Son, read Isaiah 56:1-8. The Prophet says that you will get a name better than sons and daughters as long as you mean what you say.

Ben Masada

I like the teachings of Paul better. :) :thumb:

And I like the teachings of Jesus better; much better. But don't worry because there is not much of a difference when both no longer exist. Neither Jesus will be disappointed of your choice nor will Paul of mine.

beameup

And I like the teachings of Jesus better; much better. But don't worry because there is not much of a difference when both no longer exist.
Well, Jesus' message was preparatory to establishing the Kingdom upon the earth. Unfortunately for you Jews, you wanted a flashy, attractive, charismatic "leader"; which just goes to show what your "image" of "your god" really is, and how that "image" is seriously flawed vis-à-vis the REAL God. This is the case today, nothing has changed, you still have that "flawed" image of God.
For they [Jews] being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. - Romans 10:3

Neither Jesus will be disappointed of your choice nor will Paul of mine.
You speak of them as if they are both alive... and you would be right. By adopting Jesus message, you know what he expects of you as a Jew, unfortunately, the "door" to the Kingdom on earth is presently "closed" as you are a couple thousand years too late. However, the "door" will open again in the future, but with much "Tribulation" (ie: Time of Jacob's Trouble/Day of the Lord).
Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it. - Jeremiah 30:7

Robert Pate

Banned
He was not talking to us in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John! He was a minister of the circumcision (Romans 15:8 KJV). If that's not enough to convince you, how about Matthew 15:24 KJV?

Jesus was a teacher of the law.

The purpose of the law is to reveal the righteousness of God and the sinfulness of man.

Yes, Jesus was a minister of the circumcision, however his teachings are also for Gentiles. His words are Spirit and truth for everyone. He is the international savior.

Are you offended by his teachings?

Robert Pate

Banned

If you try to define WHOSOEVER as being just Jews, then it is no longer whosoever.

Robert Pate

Banned

It was God's purpose that the Jews were to take the Gospel to the whole world. Because the Jews rejected Christ God chose Paul to take the Gospel to the whole world.

Ben Masada

Well, Jesus' message was preparatory to establishing the Kingdom upon the earth. Unfortunately for you Jews, you wanted a flashy, attractive, charismatic "leader"; which just goes to show what your "image" of "your god" really is, and how that "image" is seriously flawed vis-à-vis the REAL God. This is the case today, nothing has changed, you still have that "flawed" image of God.

You speak of them as if they are both alive... and you would be right. By adopting Jesus message, you know what he expects of you as a Jew, unfortunately, the "door" to the Kingdom on earth is presently "closed" as you are a couple thousand years too late. However, the "door" will open again in the future, but with much "Tribulation" (ie: Time of Jacob's Trouble/Day of the Lord).

Wrong! I said that Jesus would not be disappointed of your choice because he is dead; neither would Paul of mine because he is also dead. Regarding the Kingdom of God, it has been established with the New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. According to the terms of the Covenant, the two sticks representing Judah and Israel would make one only with Judah over Israel as a single nation in the Land of Israel. This prophecy has been fulfilled to this day. (Ezekiel 37:12,22)

Last edited:

beameup

Wrong! I said that Jesus would not be disappointed of your choice because he is dead; neither would Paul of mine because he is also dead. Regarding the Kingdom of God, it has been established with the New Covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah. According to the terms of the Covenant, the two sticks representing Judah and Israel would make one only with Judah over Israel as a single nation in the Land of Israel. This prophecy has been fulfill to this day. (Ezekiel 37:12,22)

So you just "pluck" a verse here-and-there, throw it in a blender and voila you have your "theology of Ben" :rotfl:

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to - MOSES - the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know ME, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

You remain under God's curse, as Messiah hasn't returned
Cursed be he that obeyeth not all the words of this law to do them. - Deut 27:26