The Preterists and Matthew 24:34

john w

Hall of Fame
(1 Cor 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come.

For some reason, all the Darby followers ignore this.

8/11 posts have "Darby." You worthless mutt.

john w

Hall of Fame
I've spent hundreds of hours researching Darby's rapture.

No matter how hard Darby followers try, and no matter how hard Darby followers want it to be, there is not one trace of a rapture found in human history before Darby invented it in the mid 1800's.

9/12 last posts have "Darby." What a loser you are, mutt-even your 3rd wife is laughing at you, Joseph Smith follower.

john w

Hall of Fame
I've spent hundreds of hours researching Darby's rapture.

No matter how hard Darby followers try, and no matter how hard Darby followers want it to be, there is not one trace of a rapture found in human history before Darby invented it in the mid 1800's.

Satanic-he made that up. He's been shown, for 3 years, but his father, the devil, keeps telling him to deny it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Since all three Gospel writers said these events were contingent on something else happening first, the real question to ask is not "Did these events happen?" The question is, "What were these events contingent upon?" If we start making that the focus of our discussion, offering possibilities to examine one by one, this thread will produce much more light and way less heat.

But since that's not likely to happen on this thread, let me know if you're willing to pursue it and we can start another one dedicated to that question.

It's English Grammar 101

Statement: This generation will not pass away

Condition: Until all these things be fulfilled.

Maybe you should consider a Remedial English 101 course.

john w

Hall of Fame
lol, in the link I gave you if you notice how many times Irenaeus uses the phrase "caught up",you'll figure out what it means,,,what do you think it means "the Christians saw Jesus coming and got so excited they got all tangled up in the clouds trying to get to him"?

Ask him about this:

"That's not my argument."I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."--habitual liar Wimpy Tet.

“I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

vs.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

john w

Hall of Fame
JohnW,

Except for finding his Mark 13:30 challenge, I still have Tet on Ignore, where he will remain. I do see that he's posting actively. Is he flailing wildly again?

He's spamming "Darby," and his "No one ever taught the rapture before Fred Flintstone did" spam.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Funny you mention that. I just read yesterday how Mormons tend to have partial preterist leanings that are pretty much identical to those seen here.

Joseph Smith was a contemporary of John Nelson Darby.

Both invented their belief systems in the mid 1800's.

Darby and Smith were not alone in the "age of the cults".

Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, and Mary Baker Eddy were also contemporaries of John Nelson Darby and Joseph Smith during the "age of the cults".

john w

Hall of Fame
It's English Grammar 101

Statement: This generation will not pass away

Condition: Until all these things be fulfilled.

Maybe you should consider a remedial English 101 course

You deceiving punk, actress:

"...spelling was never one of my strong points.."- stupid Tet. on TOL

"The rules of grammar have to be thrown out the window.."-].."- stupid Tet. on TOL in the past

vs.

"I rarely correct or point out someone's grammer and/or spelling"-stupid Tet. on TOL

vs.

"No matter what you say or do, whether it's spelling, grammer, punctuation, etc. Johnny will try so hard to make you look like you aren't smart."-].."- stupid Tet. on TOL

vs.

This post, and...

-stupid Tet. on TOL, to a poster:

"Do you even understand the simple basics of grammer?"-stupid Tet.

vs.

"will try so hard to make you look like you aren't smart."-stupid Tet.

"At least the TOL user who goes by the name "Colossians" understands grammer (he claims to be a grammarian). This is why when you, and him, and me were debating "This Generation" in Matt 24 he was smart enough to know that your "pronoun argument" falls apart grammatically. That is why he was forced to claim that "generation" meant something other than "generation", while you went on and on about how "this" really means "that"."-stupid Tet.

vs.

I find it funny how you dispies obsess with the spelling and grammer errors of people who don't agree with your dispensationalism.Whether it's the improper use of "who vs. whom", or a misspelled word, you guys somehow think that if you obsess with the error it means your opponent isn't as smart as you, and therefore you win the debate……I rarely correct or point out someone's grammer and/or spelling.”-stupid Tet.

You sniveling, lying punk-and you can't even spell "grammar."

Habitual liar-hypocrite. Maybe you should consider a refresher course, from your father, the devil, the father of all lies, on how to lie better, sweetie.

Leave TOL, you demon.

whitestone

Um....he uses the phrase ONCE in Book V, chp 29, which is the link you provided, and it has nothing to do with Darby's rapture.

Irenaeus said the following:

"..but they used the Mosaic law until the coming of the Lord; but from the Lord's advent, the new covenant which brings back peace, and the law which gives life, has gone forth over the whole earth, as the prophets said: "For out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem ; and He shall rebuke many people; and they shall break down their swords into ploughshares, and their spears into pruninghooks, and they shall no longer learn to fight." - Against Heresies," Book IV, Chapter 34

Do you believe what Irenaeus said above?

Dispensationalism denies the New Covenant was put in place.

What say you?

great!,,(lets stay on the same subject) ,,,on the same page book 5,ch. 5 he uses it 4 more times what do you think he means?

whitestone

Ask him about this:

"That's not my argument."I have never said that dispensationalism was "wrong" because of how old it was. I specifically said that no one taught about Christ coming back twice before Darby did."--habitual liar Wimpy Tet.

“I never said it was wrong for how old it is.”-Tet.

vs.

"My argument is that if there is not one single trace of something for 1,800+ years by anyone, then it was invented.”-Tet.

lol,yep it's older than he thinks,,,

john w

Hall of Fame
Joseph Smith was a contemporary of John Nelson Darby.

Both invented their belief systems in the mid 1800's.

Darby and Smith were not alone in the "age of the cults".

Charles Taze Russell, Ellen White, and Mary Baker Eddy were also contemporaries of John Nelson Darby and Joseph Smith during the "age of the cults".

Spam, from the Preterist perverter, denying the resurrection, including the Lord Jesus Christ's resurrection, and denying that He is a mediator.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well....as we see, not one Darby follower can explain Matt 24:34

The Darby followers can't even agree amongst themselves with their excuses. So far in this thread we have five excuses by Darby followers.

It's such a simple verse, that is so simple to understand.

However, because the verse is a death knell to Dispensationalism, the Darby followers have to twist it into a pretzel in an attempt to validate their excuses.

The fact that we have FIVE different excuses from Darby followers as to why the verse doesn't really mean what it says, is proof that Darby followers have no interest in truth.

john w

Hall of Fame

The Darby followers can't even agree amongst themselves with their excuses. So far in this thread we have five excuses by Darby followers.

However, because the verse is a death knell to Dispensationalism, the Darby followers have to twist it into a pretzel in an attempt to validate their excuses.

The fact that we have FIVE different excuses from Darby followers as to why the verse doesn't really mean what it says, is proof that Darby followers have no interest in truth.

10/13 posts ="Darby."

"The Darby followers can't even agree amongst themselves....."=spam for the 666th time

He admits that Preterism is false, as "Preterist followers cannot even agree amongst themselves as to..............(fill in the blank), as there are "Full Preterists,"" Partial Preterists,"................

He can't be this stupid.

john w

Hall of Fame

You cannot explain why you have 3 wives, and assert that everyone is saved, Joseph Smith follower.

Your Preterism, Mormonism, and Catholicism, is demonic.

john w

Hall of Fame
no,you read A.H. 5.5.1&.2 and saw what he explained and don't want to admit to what he said http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/irenaeus-book5.html

Although it's irrelevant, the demon been shown, for years, quotes from other Christians, including the "church fathers," by other TOL members, asserting the doctrine of the "catching away/seizure/plucking by force," i.e., the "rapture," but his father the devil tells him just to keep spamming his satanic assertion.