The Persecuted Church

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you dwell on a gender difference?
Because a man ought to learn how to be a man from God, Jesus, a man. Not from a woman, unless a woman can teach me to be a man, a woman such as my Mom. I suppose I believe that it is possible Biblically for a man to teach a woman.

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
It sounds like you are saying we can have victory for God but without lifting a finger against anyone.
Thank you, Jacob,
but judge not by sounds like, but judge righteous judgment.

I said, if we keep all God's commandments.
You have to lift your finger to turn the pages of your Bible, just to learn what His commandments are.
Don't we?

And then we learn that we must lift up much more than our finger.
Isn't it so?

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:14-15

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thank you, Jacob,
but judge not by sounds like, but judge righteous judgment.

I said, if we keep all God's commandments.
You have to lift your finger to turn the pages of your Bible, just to learn what His commandments are.
Don't we?

And then we learn that we must lift up much more than our finger.
Isn't it so?

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:14-15

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

I do not know how you are looking at lifting a finger, but to help is different from violence or self defense.

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
I do not know how you are looking at lifting a finger, but to help is different from violence or self defense.
Thank you, Jacob.
When you said lifting a finger, the following passage came to mind.

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to His disciples,
Saying,
The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;
but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders;
but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Matthew 23:1-4

If the Churches don't persecute you, then know you're on the wrong path.

But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another:
for verily I say unto you,
Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Matthew 10:23

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thank you, Jacob.
When you said lifting a finger, the following passage came to mind.

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to His disciples,
Saying,
The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;
but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders;
but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Matthew 23:1-4

If the Churches don't persecute you, then know you're on the wrong path.

But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another:
for verily I say unto you,
Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Matthew 10:23

Churches are not supposed to persecute anyone.

nikolai_42

What do we know about those who are being persecuted for the cause of Christ? People die for what they believe, without raising a finger, while I live in the United States of America and ask questions about if I can defend myself. When no one is even coming after me.

The Christian church in China is probably larger and more vital than most other countries. Certainly more alive than what passes for the church in North America. There has always been persecution there - but it is intensifying again after a period of relative quiet. This is just what Forbes has written about it recently :

Chinese Christians Face Intensifying Persecution Ahead Of Christmas

Here is what was written in the Christian Post several months ago :

The Brutal Truth About Persecution of Christians in China

It says that the easing of persecution was to make the Christian church in China more visible so they could keep closer tabs on believers. And so, starting in 2017, persecution was increased again significantly.

binyamin7

True. But can a man protect himself or his family from harm?

Absolutely if you are in a country that allows for legal self defense, Romans 13 would extend throughout the citizenry of the US for example. A citizen can act as an officer of the law in the US if we witness any life threatening situations. We should always love people enough to make taking a life a last resort though.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Christian church in China is probably larger and more vital than most other countries. Certainly more alive than what passes for the church in North America. There has always been persecution there - but it is intensifying again after a period of relative quiet. This is just what Forbes has written about it recently :

Chinese Christians Face Intensifying Persecution Ahead Of Christmas

Here is what was written in the Christian Post several months ago :

The Brutal Truth About Persecution of Christians in China

It says that the easing of persecution was to make the Christian church in China more visible so they could keep closer tabs on believers. And so, starting in 2017, persecution was increased again significantly.

This is sad, and I don't celebrate Christmas.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely if you are in a country that allows for legal self defense, Romans 13 would extend throughout the citizenry of the US for example. A citizen can act as an officer of the law in the US if we witness any life threatening situations. We should always love people enough to make taking a life a last resort though.

Interesting thoughts here. Can you prove what you have said here? As for Romans 13, is the government the people who have a position in line with the Constitution?

binyamin7

Interesting thoughts here. Can you prove what you have said here? As for Romans 13, is the government the people who have a position in line with the Constitution?

In America the law always allows citizenry to defend themselves using force as necessary against threats. That is pretty easy to find online. So if "the lawman does not bear the sword in vain", and the law in your country allows you the right to defend yourself, clearly that is permitted according to Romans 13. However love should always be our bond and we should not be excited about harming anyone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In America the law always allows citizenry to defend themselves using force as necessary against threats. That is pretty easy to find online. So if "the lawman does not bear the sword in vain", and the law in your country allows you the right to defend yourself, clearly that is permitted according to Romans 13. However love should always be our bond and we should not be excited about harming anyone.

I do not know how to defend myself and do not want to harm anyone. As for guns I believe I can't get a firearm? Someone diagnosed me with something and I disagree with the diagnosis. So I believe a judge said something about me and firearms. What does the Constitution say for me? And, wouldn't a Christian want to fight with the truth if fighting at all rather than with a gun?

binyamin7

I do not know how to defend myself and do not want to harm anyone. As for guns I believe I can't get a firearm? Someone diagnosed me with something and I disagree with the diagnosis. So I believe a judge said something about me and firearms. What does the Constitution say for me? And, wouldn't a Christian want to fight with the truth if fighting at all rather than with a gun?

Well if it illegal for you to get a firearm you should obey the law. There are many ways to defend yourself in the event your life is in danger. Absolutely we should prefer to be at peace with all men as best as we can, but if someone attacks my family I will do my best to stop it personally.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well if it illegal for you to get a firearm you should obey the law. There are many ways to defend yourself in the event your life is in danger. Absolutely we should prefer to be at peace with all men as best as we can, but if someone attacks my family I will do my best to stop it personally.

I didn't want a firearm and then that right was taken away I guess with no reason given.

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Ephesians 6:17