The One True Church

Samie

There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH. It is the ONE that God through Christ created on the cross. It is the Body of Christ Who is its Head. And one good news: all of us are members. But only overcomers will not be blotted out from its registry of members, the book of life.

Any objection? Then let's discuss, lovingly.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I object
it doesn't make sense
the purpose of the church is to preach the gospel
peter was given the keys
and
the power to bind and loose
he was in charge
without someone in charge
there are endless arguments
peter was asked three times to feed the sheep
that is why the pope guides the flock

body of Christ

we are all part of the body
and
the purpose of the life we lead
is
to determine whether or not we will continue to be a part of that body

Samie

so why did Jesus give peter the keys
and
the power to bind and loose?
It is the Head that assigns responsibilities to the body parts. And Christ is the Head of the Church which is His Body. So He assigned Peter, as well as all the other body parts, their respective responsibilities.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It is the Head that assigns responsibilities to the body parts. And Christ is the Head of the Church which is His Body. So He assigned Peter, as well as all the other body parts, their respective responsibilities.

so why did Jesus change his name to peter?

to create confusion?

Samie

No. God changed Abram to Abraham, as well. Not to create confusion, but He saw it fit to. From Sarai to Sarah; from Jacob to Israel.

Right Divider

Body part
There is only ONE TRUE CHURCH. It is the ONE that God through Christ created on the cross. It is the Body of Christ Who is its Head. And one good news: all of us are members. But only overcomers will not be blotted out from its registry of members, the book of life.

Any objection? Then let's discuss, lovingly.
Where did you learn this?

What about the church in the wilderness?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
so why did Jesus change his name to peter?

Jesus referred to Simon as Cephas.

Now when Jesus looked at him, He said, “You are Simon the son of Jonah. You shall be called Cephas” (which is translated, A Stone). (John 1:42 NKJV)​

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so who is peter?

Matthew 16:18King James Version (KJV)

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Right Divider

Body part
so who is peter?

Matthew 16:18King James Version (KJV)

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
"This rock" is NOT peter.

Mat 16:15-19 KJV He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? (16) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (19) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.​
THIS ROCK is THE CHRIST, THE SON OF THE LIVING GOD.